Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cannot multiple select in guild window anymore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Cannot multiple select in guild window anymore
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andertyne's Avatar


Andertyne
01.23.2018 , 10:16 AM | #1
Ever since the most recent patch (5.7), you can no longer select multiple players in the guild roster window and do an action for them all. For example, selecting 4 people and right-clicking reverts back to one. You used to be able to rank multiple people or even remove by selecting a bunch at once.
Hygiei | Satele Shan

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
01.23.2018 , 10:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Andertyne View Post
Ever since the most recent patch (5.7), you can no longer select multiple players in the guild roster window and do an action for them all. For example, selecting 4 people and right-clicking reverts back to one. You used to be able to rank multiple people or even remove by selecting a bunch at once.
Lol, if true they didn't fix anything with the guild window bug (old selection stayed unless you clicked twice or more with the mouse on the new selection) which was there for almost a year now after the "improvement" but simply rolled back to the old crap where you could only select one anyway....Bioware typical. Wow...
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
01.23.2018 , 11:32 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Andertyne View Post
Ever since the most recent patch (5.7), you can no longer select multiple players in the guild roster window and do an action for them all. For example, selecting 4 people and right-clicking reverts back to one. You used to be able to rank multiple people or even remove by selecting a bunch at once.
This still possible, you have to continue to hold the modifier key (control or shift) when you right click.

Example: Hold control (or shift) and select multiple guild members. Continue to hold that same key and right click on one of them and you will be able to action on all of them.

If you hold control or shift to select multiple Guild members and then LET GO of the modifier key when you right click, it will only select the member you right clicked on.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
01.23.2018 , 01:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This still possible, you have to continue to hold the modifier key (control or shift) when you right click.

Example: Hold control (or shift) and select multiple guild members. Continue to hold that same key and right click on one of them and you will be able to action on all of them.

If you hold control or shift to select multiple Guild members and then LET GO of the modifier key when you right click, it will only select the member you right clicked on.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric
Gonna check this. thanks Eric. :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

UlaVii's Avatar


UlaVii
01.23.2018 , 02:27 PM | #5
Unfortunately the group select bug is still there To test this out you hold Shift or CTRL to select a group of characters and then wait for somebody log out/in. It will select from the top of the guild panel down to the row the cursor is currently over. So it's still not safe to use the group select with Set Rank or Remove.

What would be extra sweet for when the group select bug is finally fixed is if you could add the ability for us to Set Member note and Set Officer note for the group.

Nice try though. 1 guild panel bug down, 4 to go

Kaveat's Avatar


Kaveat
01.24.2018 , 01:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This still possible, you have to continue to hold the modifier key (control or shift) when you right click.

Example: Hold control (or shift) and select multiple guild members. Continue to hold that same key and right click on one of them and you will be able to action on all of them....
-eric

Eric, this is incorrect. We can select multiple, but as soon as we right click, it re-selects to the name that was just right clicked on, de-selecting all others.

"What you intend and what actually happens are not exactly similar"
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!
No [Big Red Button] to push? OK, fine, you can click this one instead: [Referal Button]

LadyHF's Avatar


LadyHF
01.24.2018 , 03:31 AM | #7
I tried it and it worked for me, just hold ctrl/shift all the time when you right click in a little bracket it will say how many you have selected(at least thats what it did for me )
Chassni-sorcerer
Ldyhf-Mercenary
Dark Ascension
Resurgum

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
01.24.2018 , 04:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
Eric, this is incorrect. We can select multiple, but as soon as we right click, it re-selects to the name that was just right clicked on, de-selecting all others.

"What you intend and what actually happens are not exactly similar"
This time please read precisely what Eric said and try again. :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Kaveat's Avatar


Kaveat
01.24.2018 , 01:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
This time please read precisely what Eric said and try again. :-)
I know what you are referring to "you have to continue to hold the modifier key (control or shift) when you right click."

did that, still borked, so "working as intended" and back to the drawing board...
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!
No [Big Red Button] to push? OK, fine, you can click this one instead: [Referal Button]

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
01.25.2018 , 02:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
I know what you are referring to "you have to continue to hold the modifier key (control or shift) when you right click."

did that, still borked, so "working as intended" and back to the drawing board...
Nope, it actually works how Eric described it.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude