Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: 23 January 2018

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: 23 January 2018
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
01.19.2018 , 09:58 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 23rd in order to apply Game Update 5.7. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 23 January 2018
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PST (1300 - 1700 GMT)
VERSION: 5.7

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
01.19.2018 , 10:23 AM | #2
Thank you.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

baldysurvivor's Avatar


baldysurvivor
01.19.2018 , 01:37 PM | #4
Well I hope the next game you find to play brings you all the perfection that you desire from a game

Trlance's Avatar


Trlance
01.19.2018 , 02:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by baldysurvivor View Post
Well I hope the next game you find to play brings you all the perfection that you desire from a game
- perfection? .. Iokath dark corruption bugged issue you know how long exist? More than half year from start when Iokath expansion lauched. You know what it means? There is no character in this game who completed all cutscenes on Iokath story with dark corruption on face. On google so easy anyone can find threads about it, not only on this side. On both flashpoints on Rishi where first cutscenes missed problem exist month (or more). When i send ticket and they said "this will be fixed in next updates" and 3 months later still nothing then what i supposed to think? When i report multi times every month about SAME BUG on Iokath you wanna write i want perfection? I was able start Iokath story with my Sith for last 3 months and i didn't because i don't want play story there without dark corruption on face. Now enough of this, they will fix it here and now or i'm done with paying for play with important bugs IN MAIN STORY.

Lammia's Avatar


Lammia
01.19.2018 , 03:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
- perfection? .. Iokath dark corruption bugged issue you know how long exist? More than half year from start when Iokath expansion lauched. You know what it means? There is no character in this game who completed all cutscenes on Iokath story with dark corruption on face. On google so easy anyone can find threads about it, not only on this side. On both flashpoints on Rishi where first cutscenes missed problem exist month (or more). When i send ticket and they said "this will be fixed in next updates" and 3 months later still nothing then what i supposed to think? When i report multi times every month about SAME BUG on Iokath you wanna write i want perfection? I was able start Iokath story with my Sith for last 3 months and i didn't because i don't want play story there without dark corruption on face. Now enough of this, they will fix it here and now or i'm done with paying for play with important bugs IN MAIN STORY.
It's not clear if you speak of your own or in general. If in general, it's simply not true. My Inq had his corruption in all cutscenes. The bug applies to some players, but by no means to "all".
My Art
FIX MALAVAI QUINN CUSTOMISATION IN IOKATH!
This is not the referral you're looking for

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
01.19.2018 , 05:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by baldysurvivor View Post
Well I hope the next game you find to play brings you all the perfection that you desire from a game
Perfection? SWTOR is too far from that at the moment to worry about perfection. We're just looking for a baseline good enough that brings excitement back to the game and with it, players.

This game has suffered greatly in the last two years and we're down to 5 servers of which only 2 are really decently populated.

What I hope is that the next expansions brings back some players but for a change also keeps them. Sadly for that to work this game needs an overhaul since they nearly destroyed it with Galactic Command. I'll be honest and say that this patch and even bug fixes are of little interest to me. I'm waiting for a roadmap. That's all I'm interested in because I want to get news about the next expansion that lets me believe this game still has a future.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
01.19.2018 , 07:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Should we be worried about the choice of words by Eric? Are we moving into maintenance mode? Not a lot happening with this patch, 5.7 second last boss of operation, 5.8 last boss and final part of the story, maybe. Then what? I know Keith has a roadmap coming up, but, I am hoping it was just me reading more into it than I should have.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
01.19.2018 , 10:25 PM | #9
Quote:
but, I am hoping it was just me reading more into it than I should have.
You want reassurance? Yes, you're paranoid. Eric's word choice has been criticized by doom-sayers for years, and for years it's resulted in nothing but needless hysterics.
"My Lord, have I got a scheme for you! You give me 30 seconds and I'll let you in on a scheme that will knock your socks off! It's brilliant, spectacious! A surefire way to hit the Republic right where it hurts: their wounded." "You're an idiot."
"But...the kolto...rakghouls."

Trlance's Avatar


Trlance
01.20.2018 , 12:41 AM | #10
Quote:
t's not clear if you speak of your own or in general. If in general, it's simply not true. My Inq had his corruption in all cutscenes. The bug applies to some players, but by no means to "all".
- interesting. I didn't find any Sith on Iokath who have corruption on face and i even start conversation there where ppl agreed they have bug as well. On fleet same i provocated conversation about it. Maybe that was time where they fixed it only for one or two weeks? For me it's looks like this problem efect ALL players in the game.

Anyway problem still exist and i can find in seconds another thread where ppl scream half year ago about it too. HALF .... YEAR .... AGO.