Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

On Star Wars and the future of it...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
On Star Wars and the future of it...

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
01.16.2018 , 10:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Have you seen the Prequels? Disney has been rehabilitating Star Wars after Lucas himself gave us a taste of what his vision for the property amounted to.
You are free to have that opinion, however I disagree with it completely. The original trilogy was clearly the best, however the prequels were 1,000 times better then anything I've seen from Disney since they bought Star Wars. The prequels had a real SW feel to it. Story is the main thing about star wars, not just all the flashy graphic explosions. I understand not everyone (myself included) liked everything about the prequels, including the senate speeches, however they were important to the story which was a lot better then anything I've seen from Disney so far.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
01.16.2018 , 12:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
You are free to have that opinion, however I disagree with it completely. The original trilogy was clearly the best, however the prequels were 1,000 times better then anything I've seen from Disney since they bought Star Wars. The prequels had a real SW feel to it. Story is the main thing about star wars, not just all the flashy graphic explosions. I understand not everyone (myself included) liked everything about the prequels, including the senate speeches, however they were important to the story which was a lot better then anything I've seen from Disney so far.
You are hilarious. The prequels are the ones filled with fluff that makes no sense and "graphic explosions."

The prequels may have been intended to be "important to the story," but they ended up being something far different than what fans expected.

Oh, wait, does that hit too close to home?

The fact is, outside of the OT, many fans have build up their own idea of what the SW universe looks like. That includes the PT and ST. This is why we have to watch with an open mind. If "your idea of Star Wars" doesn't mesh with the movies, you will probably be disappointed.

Let go of the past. Kill it, if you have to.

I, for one, like to largely ignore the prequels and make my own head canon for that period. Same goes for whatever happened in between RotJ and TFA. Luckily, I like what they're doing now, so I don't have to ignore the new stuff.

Your Experience May Vary.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
01.16.2018 , 12:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
You are hilarious. The prequels are the ones filled with fluff that makes no sense and "graphic explosions."

The prequels may have been intended to be "important to the story," but they ended up being something far different than what fans expected.

Oh, wait, does that hit too close to home?

The fact is, outside of the OT, many fans have build up their own idea of what the SW universe looks like. That includes the PT and ST. This is why we have to watch with an open mind. If "your idea of Star Wars" doesn't mesh with the movies, you will probably be disappointed.

Let go of the past. Kill it, if you have to.

I, for one, like to largely ignore the prequels and make my own head canon for that period. Same goes for whatever happened in between RotJ and TFA. Luckily, I like what they're doing now, so I don't have to ignore the new stuff.

Your Experience May Vary.

I have no intent on killing how SW felt like throughout the 1st 6 movies. it had Story, not just forcing us from one action scene to the next as poorly as episode 7, and even rogue one did. (At least rogue one wasn't terrible. I gave it a 6/10 grade). If I ever bother with TLJ i'll probably rent it, so that tells you of how I feel Disney itself has ruined SW.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
01.16.2018 , 02:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I have no intent on killing how SW felt like throughout the 1st 6 movies. it had Story, not just forcing us from one action scene to the next as poorly as episode 7, and even rogue one did. (At least rogue one wasn't terrible. I gave it a 6/10 grade). If I ever bother with TLJ i'll probably rent it, so that tells you of how I feel Disney itself has ruined SW.
You've obviously made up your mind. Good for you.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
01.16.2018 , 03:26 PM | #15
Well the Star Wars merchandise shelves are full:
https://youtu.be/RFqsiuPxfn8

Valceanu's Avatar


Valceanu
01.16.2018 , 04:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Well the Star Wars merchandise shelves are full:
https://youtu.be/RFqsiuPxfn8
so what? id keep my stock supplied if it were my store...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
01.16.2018 , 07:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Valceanu View Post
so what? id keep my stock supplied if it were my store...
Right? Oh, and the holidays are over, so not may things are going to be completely picked-over at this point.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

madcowdiseiz's Avatar


madcowdiseiz
01.18.2018 , 03:01 PM | #18
To those who mention the financial success of TLJ, I know that I was committed to watching it three times at least two months before it came out because I had different groups of friends that all wanted to me to see it with them. By the third viewing I was completely upset with the outcome of it all but I still went to not be a jerk toward those friends of mine who had not seen it.

That said, I found TLJ to be so distasteful that it drove me back to SWTOR again where I could find the old Star Wars that I knew and loved.

cunctatorg's Avatar


cunctatorg
05.28.2018 , 05:46 PM | #19
At last a good SW movie and something more: SOLO, the SW movie is a lovely movie -imho- and perhaps a great movie, a great action movie at least!!

After you watch one really good movie, you tend to reflect on this and wonder what is its key, its very secret; I think that the secret of this movie is
Spoiler
of all these runaways and
Spoiler
!!

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
05.31.2018 , 12:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cunctatorg View Post
I fell (fall?) in love with Star Wars for many reasons since I watched Episode IV: A New Hope back in 1980 when I was sixteen years old...

Sorry it might of been 1980s for you but the original STARWARS Film b4 Lucas added the NEW HOPE part. came out in 1977 i saw it at the Drive-In eating a Drive-In Pizza and sipping a big Grande Coke.

I know, i'm just arguing semantics. Oh well.....


Take Care.....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G