Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making Dromund Kaas Into a Home

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Making Dromund Kaas Into a Home

JakRoanin
05.18.2017 , 04:15 PM | #11
I'm having issues with the hooks. Like if I have a big space where I want to combine many small things into a big one. How does it work?

Burgdawg
05.23.2017 , 01:12 AM | #12
Another DK lover here, it's my fav by far. I L O V E the rain. My PT was my main at the time so I have the entry way set up like an office entry with a large office upstairs. Cantina, game room, bed room, crew quarters... it's awesome. Don't really care about the lack of starship hooks because as previously mentioned, it's a capital world with a huge spaceport.
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

Aeoda
05.23.2017 , 02:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
I'm having issues with the hooks. Like if I have a big space where I want to combine many small things into a big one. How does it work?
You can change that to a certain extent with the layout settings. Ah-there are some walkthroughs around the net, but when you are in Edit mode, there is a layout button, it will give you some options for alternate hook layouts. If you already have decos on the hooks in that space, it will ask you to ok picking them back up and putting them into your available decos again.

JakRoanin
10.30.2017 , 09:29 PM | #14
So, DK has a serious problem for me... No matter how many lights I put up its still too sterile and dark looking need more ceiling hooks.

Xina_LA
11.06.2017 , 03:15 PM | #15
Lighting can be a real trick in some strongholds, especially Tatooine where the dim, orange sky colors everything in a twilight haze. Here are some suggestions for lighting up your stronghold:

* Basic Ceiling Light (Yellow) -- Yes, it's rather ordinary, but it gives off more light than most ceiling decos.
* Temple Ceiling Light -- Fancier than the basic light, it provides a useful amount of illumination, even in low places.
* Czerka Ceiling Light -- A must-have for providing clean white light in abundance, though not much when used on high ceilings.
* Forge Complex Ceiling Lights -- A fair amount of reddish light, less overpowering than the Imperial Ceiling Light.
* Massassi Ceiling Light -- Creates a golden spotlight, which is perfect for seating areas or round decos.
* Revanite Chandelier -- The best light option for high ceilings, bar none. Very bright, clean light over a huge area.

Of course, as you said, sometimes the ceiling isn't an option, so....

* Emergency Floodlight -- The brightest light in the game, sometimes obnoxious with the amount of glare.
* Manaan Floor Lamp -- The most powerful lamp in the game. It still works when hidden in walls or furniture.
* Zakuulan Standing Floor Lamp -- Beautiful with good illumination. It makes Star Fortress runs worth the time.
* Mandalorian Floor Torch -- If you're looking for reddish background light, put this one year a wall.

* Luxury Sconce: Yellow -- Your best bet for wall lightning. If it doesn't fit the theme, put it inside any deco that slides up against the wall. You can turn it upside down and hide it in the floorboards of Nar Shaddaa stairwells, etc.
* Republic Wall Sconce -- This provides illumination on the wall, which can help light up artwork in dim spaces.

That's pretty much it for substantial light sources. Most "lights" have a glow but don't give off an aura of illumination.

I hope that helps!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

JakRoanin
01.16.2018 , 08:03 PM | #16
I've decided a Voss them doesn't fit. I need a theme that Conveys Wealth, Power, but not crazy Sith! I know there's Zakuul but, if we get that SH I want to save up for that. <sigh> we need more decos!