Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you NOT know/acknowledge gsf queue broken on Satele Shan?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do you NOT know/acknowledge gsf queue broken on Satele Shan?!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tyrth
01.11.2018 , 04:15 AM | #1
I honestly can't decide what's worse, the fact it's been nearly 24 hours on a weekday without ANYONE from Bioware noticing or even acknowledging the GSF queue is broken on one of the two U.S. servers...OR...the fact that people care so little about gsf that there is one post in the bug forum with a whopping four responses.
Yes, myself and plenty of others filed bug reports. Anyone on Satele Shan can attest that it has been talked about in gen chat a hundred times on the fleet today. I'm perfectly good with waiting until it gets fixed, bugs happen. Just seems like you guys don't care or even play your own game to notice when things like this happen unless it affects the Cartel market.

Storm-Cutter
01.11.2018 , 05:51 AM | #2
In the meantime, if the ping's not too bad, come fly on Darth Malgus. There are lots of games popping and there as many rookies as there are intermediate pilots and veterans. You can't do any worse than the 2-3 'also-rans' * that get into most pug teams.

* 'also ran' = no medals, minimal damage several deaths, no kills.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Foambreaker
01.11.2018 , 11:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
In the meantime, if the ping's not too bad, come fly on Darth Malgus. There are lots of games popping and there as many rookies as there are intermediate pilots and veterans. You can't do any worse than the 2-3 'also-rans' * that get into most pug teams.

* 'also ran' = no medals, minimal damage several deaths, no kills.
roflmao

So not only does GSF have a stupid learning curve, learn your class aka ship whilst PvPing since there is no PvE map, but on top of that you have labels for the new players? Good luck on future pops
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

Monumenta
01.11.2018 , 11:12 AM | #4
Yes please, say something!

Storm-Cutter
01.11.2018 , 11:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
Yes please, say something!
It's like thousands of people cried out all at once and were still ignored.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

EricMusco
01.11.2018 , 11:28 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We looked into the odd behavior with the GSF queue on Satele Shan. We made some back-end changes and it appears that the queue is once again working properly. Let me know if you notice any other issues.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RagnarAugustus
01.11.2018 , 11:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
roflmao

So not only does GSF have a stupid learning curve, learn your class aka ship whilst PvPing since there is no PvE map, but on top of that you have labels for the new players? Good luck on future pops
And they wonder why GSF consistently has no population LOL.

Kyuuu
01.11.2018 , 11:55 AM | #8
im sure there is great many thing they dont know about, I Like I bet they dont know When some one DC's in group the system say "name" has reconnected and when said person actual is reconnecting it says "name" has disconnected

Rrusalka
01.11.2018 , 12:05 PM | #9
I'm glad more people brought it up and it has now been addressed.

On GSF names for non contributors. I'm sure that never happens in ground pvp where everyone is treated with the utmost respect.

Glzmo
01.11.2018 , 12:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We looked into the odd behavior with the GSF queue on Satele Shan. We made some back-end changes and it appears that the queue is once again working properly. Let me know if you notice any other issues.

Thanks!

-eric
If you are working on PVP queues, why not add a way to queue as an ops group up to 12 people together? Maybe also add a /challenge <leaderOfOtherOpsGroup> command which the ops group leader can issue to challenge another ops group for a match. Pop up a GUI that allows you to choose which type of PVP you want (GSF/Warzones/Any), which game modes (Team Domination, Team Deathmatch/Huttball, Turrets, etc.), choice of maps (to cycle if more than one is chosen), setting the amount of score required to win, perhaps setting a handicap and so on. Then challenge the other group, if the leader accepts, the game "pops" and starts with the set parameters.
I imagine such a thing shouldn't be all that hard to implement. Then again, a dev team that after more than 6 years still hasn't been able to implement speech bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat even though they knew how to do so (and fix the problematic beta implementation) such an endeavour may be futile nonetheless...