Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to the Sith Emperor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What happened to the Sith Emperor?

Sambba
12.29.2011 , 05:10 PM | #11
The emperor doesn't actually die. SW gets a mail telling that a Jedi knight tried the impossible, to kill the emperor. The mail says that the emperor's recovery is in progress and the emperor's wrath is now needed more than ever.

TLDR: Jedi Knight doesn't really kill the emperor, neither does the consular.

DannyA
12.29.2011 , 08:08 PM | #12
I'd recommend getting the books based around the Old Republic, they set up a lot of the events that take place in this game. I've just listened to the audio books The Old Republic: Revan and The Old Republic: Deceived. Revan explains lot's of the gaps in his story around the koToR games and where he went afterwards. Did you see the video called Deceived where Malgus destroys the Jedi temple? Well that's a chapter of the book Deceived and that whole thing and the repercussions are explained, there's a lot of information about Malgus and i'm glad I read it with Malgus being prominent int his game.

I'm just about to start the last one, The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance, and i've now idea what its about but cant wait to read it.

If your interested in the lore of this game and wander about the Emperor/Malgus/Revan etc i'd highly recommend going through them. The audio books are great as they're done with music and sound effects, makes the drive to and from work much better :-)

Girdeux
12.29.2011 , 09:15 PM | #13
The emperor didnt get killed. His host body did, similar to how the warrior frees him on voss when his trapped inside his voice.

His body got destroyed but his spirit/essence is free.

Omnitheo
12.30.2011 , 02:05 PM | #14
Vitiate is far too paranoid and isolationist to be the same as palpatine, though it's possible Palpatine could have learned his essence transfer ability from Vitiate's teachings

Aesri
12.30.2011 , 02:12 PM | #15
I dunno, but I DO know that DOUG "Pinhead" BRADLEY does his VO.

WOOT!
"I'm a smuggler. I point and laugh at blockades."