Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
01.10.2018 , 01:57 PM | #171
Are people aware that if class specific companion alerts follow on the track record of semi unique companions that have returned through alerts that they play no role in the game after being returned.

Nico Okarr - Greatest Smuggler in the Galaxy, never once flies you in or out of anywhere you need to get, you use Tora over him.
HK-55 - I have been informed that repairing him was a dream.
Master Ramos - A Chiss Jedi who could have accompanied you to fight and redeem another Chiss Jedi but is no where in sight.
Shae Vizla - Mandalorian The Avenger yet no where to be seen when Mandalorians are fighting over Voss.
Zo-om - as fixing HK was a dream this likely didn't happen either.
Darth Hexid - Fairly certain never got updated from when the VO was recorded for the Dark v Light event so utterly stand alone.

So these companions are going to be returned, be a few lines of dialogue probably not explaining why its taken 6 years for them to bother to find you and then you go back to doing everything with Lana. If people felt disappointed with Quinn or Elara's return or Theron being written out of the story, how are these alerts going to be any better. How is a class specific alert that if the track record is anything to go by will never appear again great news. At least if they had a chapter there would be some substance to their return.

Eranna
01.10.2018 , 02:00 PM | #172
Well, having it be just class specific is a simple fix to many companions that contain story-driven 'choices'. (Such as Jaesa and Khem) I do have a single question. (I apologize if this has already been asked.)

1: At what point in the storyline will Smugglers and Inquisitors be able to recruit these returning companions? (Before KOTET? After? Or so on.) -- Well, if you can say, at least.

Thank you.

EricMusco
01.10.2018 , 02:09 PM | #173 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by wingheart View Post
Would any consideration be given to being able to claim these companions from a terminal if we want them for another character? No new lines would need to be recorded and it would be no different immersion-wise from running with Shae/Hexid/etc before you meet them in the story. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm fine with using my imagination to fill in the gaps. There are definitely certain companions I was looking forward to getting on other classes.
Good question. Right now it is not planned that you can access these Companions via the terminal on other Classes. However, I passed the suggestion on to the team as something we could possibly implement down the line.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Shwarzchild
01.10.2018 , 02:11 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Are people aware that if class specific companion alerts follow on the track record of semi unique companions that have returned through alerts that they play no role in the game after being returned.

Nico Okarr - Greatest Smuggler in the Galaxy, never once flies you in or out of anywhere you need to get, you use Tora over him.
HK-55 - I have been informed that repairing him was a dream.
Master Ramos - A Chiss Jedi who could have accompanied you to fight and redeem another Chiss Jedi but is no where in sight.
Shae Vizla - Mandalorian The Avenger yet no where to be seen when Mandalorians are fighting over Voss.
Zo-om - as fixing HK was a dream this likely didn't happen either.
Darth Hexid - Fairly certain never got updated from when the VO was recorded for the Dark v Light event so utterly stand alone.

So these companions are going to be returned, be a few lines of dialogue probably not explaining why its taken 6 years for them to bother to find you and then you go back to doing everything with Lana. If people felt disappointed with Quinn or Elara's return or Theron being written out of the story, how are these alerts going to be any better. How is a class specific alert that if the track record is anything to go by will never appear again great news. At least if they had a chapter there would be some substance to their return.
No question, you're correct. I'd go farther though and say 90 percent of the companions we do have hold no value either. We can only hope that their "alliance alert" is actually worth it and not like...Gus Tuno's where it's bad. I'd much prefer a new side story arc for love interrests, but sadly we'll never get any of that through mostly lack of funding, and probably a good bit of lack of creativity. I'm not entirely sold on the talent of our lead writer.
Warstalker Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

Thaladan
01.10.2018 , 02:12 PM | #175
i am really worried by the fact that 6.0 not here in beginning of the year, like before.

when do you plan to launch 6.0? it is planned at least? so with (big) expansion DLC whatever but something correct humm ..
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

DuchessKristania
01.10.2018 , 02:22 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question. Right now it is not planned that you can access these Companions via the terminal on other Classes. However, I passed the suggestion on to the team as something we could possibly implement down the line.

Thanks!

-eric
Thanks for answering my question about how future returns will be handled, and for noting this suggestion. I think it's a good one, people who want companions across classes could get them, while leaving it open to ignore the options for those who do not want to have cross class companions. It's a very balanced solution to fit the variety of preferences in your player base.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

casirabit
01.10.2018 , 02:44 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
Thanks for answering my question about how future returns will be handled, and for noting this suggestion. I think it's a good one, people who want companions across classes could get them, while leaving it open to ignore the options for those who do not want to have cross class companions. It's a very balanced solution to fit the variety of preferences in your player base.
That's a good suggestion but there are some companions, such as Corso would never make sense on an imperial character that is align with the Empire. Corso in the smuggler story made it understood that he hated the Empire so I could never see him on an imperial character that is still align with the Empire due to his stance. I know there are a few others like that as well.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

ZionHalcyon
01.10.2018 , 02:49 PM | #178
Class-specific means that only the Class that those Companions are originally from will be able to get them. So in this case...
  • Risha & Corso - Smuggler only
  • Andronikos - Inquisitor only

Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric
Makes sense. Jaesa is strongly tied to the SW, for instance.

One request. We REALLY need, NAY deserve a side story of Gault and Guss Tuno, SWTORs odd couple, the galaxy's best con paired with the galaxy's worst.

That would be comedic gold, especially if well written and results in a genuine friendship between the two.

QuinlanSaathis
01.10.2018 , 02:54 PM | #179
Eric can you please tell us if we are getting the "original version" of the companions back (that will interact with is)
Or the pod people we have been getting so far that have nothing to say, no reaction or emotion

Malachi_Bane
01.10.2018 , 02:58 PM | #180
[*]Various bug fixes / updates[/list]
Here's one thing I hope you don't miss:

If you fix the bug where Achievements for Yavin warzone reset on logout, please DO NOT adjust the frequency of that warzone yet. Yes, it's been popping very often for almost 2 month, but nobody can actually start or progress on those achievements. Considering that most of them require 50 or more matches and that cross-faction Odessen now seems to pop LESS often than average, it would take a LONG time to get them if it was brought back to normal in the same update that fixes the achievements. At least give us another week or two post-fix before you normalize it!