Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Farferello
01.10.2018 , 09:04 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Agreed.

I've also come to terms with the fact that Nadia just used my consular to push her own goals whatever those were. There was no love there and bioware writing it that way then dropping it the way they have in kotfe/kotet just goes to show she didn't care.

The JC has been back for a while now. Done a lot of amazing things. Been on multiple galaxy wide holonet broadcasts. Word of mouth from the JC returns would have reached all corners of the galaxy especially so when the JC took over zakuul and made deals with the Rep. and Emp. There is no way Nadia could have missed that so that leave us knowing she isn't interested.

So, I'm writing her off like the rest that couldn't be bothered to show up and help. They are dead to me.
Yeah, Felix was like my Consular's best friend, he didn't use anyone else from the moment he got him and not having him return yet kinda sucks. He misses the rest of them as they were his friends, but Felix was best bud. It's annoying and just feels like Bioware is adding more credence to those who think Consular is boring/dull and we're just getting forgotten and left behind whilst some classes have everyone or nearly everyone returned. My Inquisitor and Smuggler will be happy to get those ones back, but my Consular is my main and he feels very neglected.

My Knight also wants to give Lord Scourge a kick up the backside if he ever returns for abandoning him during this Valkorian nonsense. He better have a good excuse for being gone so long.

Gelious
01.10.2018 , 09:04 AM | #122
There seems to be some confusion in this thread. I am not Bioware, but allow me to explain it anyway:

1) What do they mean by class-specific?

They mean that only Smugglers and Inqs get the mission and comps. Everybody else gets nothing. Not the same mission with different dialog, not another mission, just plain nothing.

2) Why are they doing it?

Because they are low on money and they figured out that paying 2 voice actors per companion is better then 16 voice actors per companion. The math is solid, even if it sucks. And they can't go KOTOR-style again because a) most people hate it and b) Fully voiced PC is one thing this MMO has over others, getting rid of that feature is basically suicide.

3) What does it mean for the future of the game?

Nothing good. Expect more cost-cutting measures dressed as something wonderful. Honestly, I would't be suprised if next Roadmap will be yet another glorified server merge and we would be down to 1 server per region.

4) But what about next big expansion?

Wake up! They dont have money to pay for voicing a short side-mission and you expect them to make a new expack? Yea, right....

In short, to quote a certain SW character: "This deal is getting worse all the time"
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Estelindis
01.10.2018 , 09:18 AM | #123
I've also come to terms with the fact that Nadia just used my consular to push her own goals whatever those were. There was no love there and bioware writing it that way then dropping it the way they have in kotfe/kotet just goes to show she didn't care.

The JC has been back for a while now. Done a lot of amazing things. Been on multiple galaxy wide holonet broadcasts. Word of mouth from the JC returns would have reached all corners of the galaxy especially so when the JC took over zakuul and made deals with the Rep. and Emp. There is no way Nadia could have missed that so that leave us knowing she isn't interested.

So, I'm writing her off like the rest that couldn't be bothered to show up and help. They are dead to me.
Obviously you're free to feel as you like, but I don't feel the same. I consider the companions' true characterization to have been established during the class stories. Any failures since then I believe reflect on the reduced resources of the devs, not on the essential qualities of the companions.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Rafiknoll
01.10.2018 , 09:28 AM | #124
Agreed.

KOFTE/KOTET spoilers (in case someone here didn't play it even once yet)
Spoiler

JediAkemi
01.10.2018 , 09:42 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Farferello View Post
My Knight also wants to give Lord Scourge a kick up the backside if he ever returns for abandoning him during this Valkorian nonsense. He better have a good excuse for being gone so long.
Scourge was supposedly doing something behind the scenes to "ensure our victory over Valkorion". Whatever it was, it had better be awesome.
If I had more faith in EAware, I'd hold out hope that we'd get a "Play as Lord Scourge" bonus chapter where we get to do that whatever it was as him... but I don't have enough faith in them.

EricMusco
01.10.2018 , 09:59 AM | #126 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by CrutchCricket View Post
Neat.

What does class specific mean in this context though?
Class-specific means that only the Class that those Companions are originally from will be able to get them. So in this case...
  • Risha & Corso - Smuggler only
  • Andronikos - Inquisitor only

Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
So are all the returning companions going to be class specific from here out? I hope not, I made a smuggler clone of my agent and I'd like to be able to get Vector for her.
Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Savej
01.10.2018 , 10:01 AM | #127
This is not going well.

Sertar
01.10.2018 , 10:08 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.
Please end Ranked Season 9 and start Ranked Season 10 with 5.8! Also fix leaderboards. Thanks!

Tsillah
01.10.2018 , 10:11 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric
I have to say for me that's a positive. We can already have some many companions as it is so no need to add all of them to all characters. Also it means, I suppose, that they're not being forcefully written out by having to choose between two companions to have one live and the other die and such things. Hopefully it will also make the reunions a bit more personal as well.

As a sidenote, I would still like to have Acina as a companion. She's no longer part of the main story since people get to kill her if they choose the rep side so you can pull an Arcann for her as well. Just saying you know
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

gwynzireael
01.10.2018 , 10:14 AM | #130
When will the Arcann romance be finally avilable, tho? ;A;