Another stupid move by BioWare: no tokens for Solo Ranked - senselessly killed it

Bluelily

Group ranked is far better game mode and it’s alive thanks to this Bioware mishap. No toxicity, no throwers, almost any class viable, some strays requires rather then 4 on1 then running around the map.

Hope people will get to like it and we will see activity at all times.

• 2 weeks later...
Group ranked is far better game mode and it’s alive thanks to this Bioware mishap. No toxicity, no throwers, almost any class viable, some strays requires rather then 4 on1 then running around the map.

Hope people will get to like it and we will see activity at all times.

uhm no. only few viable comps out there.

Non match making and premades vs pugs regs shouldn't have even existed to begin with. *fixed

Even if all of that stuff was fixed and every PuG was a real PuG and all the gear was equal and everyone has a healer and a merc, the base concept is flawed in logic:

The "score" for any match is 75% dependent on the randomness of the queue, aka Queue Luck, and 25% on the skill of the player.

The solo ranked stat is statistically pointless in the context of the individual player; it's majority component is "Queue Luck".

Even if all of that stuff was fixed and every PuG was a real PuG and all the gear was equal and everyone has a healer and a merc, the base concept is flawed in logic:

The "score" for any match is 75% dependent on the randomness of the queue, aka Queue Luck, and 25% on the skill of the player.

The solo ranked stat is statistically pointless in the context of the individual player; it's majority component is "Queue Luck".

If solo ranked is all luck please explain to me why the same players get top 3 almost every season. I think you are highly underestimating how much a skilled player on your team carries their team.

If solo ranked is all luck please explain to me why the same players get top 3 almost every season. I think you are highly underestimating how much a skilled player on your team carries their team.

Think about it, same 20 players in solo q every season, 3 of which are better than the rest -> top 3 for every season :D

Way to twist what I wrote, I did not say it is all luck, I said 75% luck.

And that is in a perfect world, it is way worse in the real where your "Queue Luck" may include a thrower on your team or a premade in opposition.

Solo rank is a joke and no one but win traders respect it.

Yolo always was a joke and about luck and sistem abuse. Almost all if not all top 3 players used it when i played ranked. Players like Mosh for example stop to q, coz of wintrader/sync q-rs and others. TR arenas was semi-alive only in pre-season 1 and beggining of S1, when not all RWZ players quit this game and game mechanic was more playable for competetive gameplay.

Now enjoy zerg runs, DCD-fights with overhealing, tanks overDPS the most DPS specs and backpedals META.

Edited by helpmewin

Way to twist what I wrote, I did not say it is all luck, I said 75% luck.

It's hardly luck at all. It's mostly time investment. That, and the part about the same people queueing is also very valid.

Don't attach much value to rating in this game, it's worthless as a statistic.

I'm not a fan of it as i feel its literally Russian roulette and a total crap shoot with wons/losses based solely on how you get on your side versus who you are against, BUT this does seem a little silly to disregard a format many people liked for no apparent reason.

This would seem to be an easy fix, get on it