Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HELP companion disappeared

Tolkyyn
01.03.2018 , 02:17 PM | #1
This has not happened to me before at this point in storyline. My charcter is playing through the Yavin 4 storyline and her level 50 companion has disappeared, not in the "N" menu, just gone. What the heck is going on?????? I purposfly
leveled her to 70 this way, to avoid losing characters in the ET expansion, now this has happened. It's Shae, she did return after I did Blood Hunt, and now she's not there at all. Is this a new bug? I'm pretty upset that I used all my character's credits to buy gifts and level Shae, and now she's vanished.

Chryptyk
01.03.2018 , 02:36 PM | #2
When did it disappear? At the end?

xordevoreaux
01.03.2018 , 03:26 PM | #3
Shae Visla and Master Rannos both disappeared on me. I put in a ticket, and was told neither would return until I completed BOTH Kotfe/Kotet and then re-submitted a ticket (or got to the point in Visla's story line to get her via an alert).

I don't remember precisely when they disappeared, whether it was end of Revan or beginning of KOTFE, but it was right around there.

To me, since I received both Visla and Rannos the same way I received Nico Okarr, through a game promo, and could use their tokens at level 1 to have them -- and Niko doesn't disappear like that -- the other two shouldn't either.

All 3 have alerts, but Nico never becomes permanently unusable like the other two.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

JediAkemi
01.03.2018 , 06:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tolkyyn View Post
This has not happened to me before at this point in storyline. My charcter is playing through the Yavin 4 storyline and her level 50 companion has disappeared, not in the "N" menu, just gone. What the heck is going on?????? I purposfly
leveled her to 70 this way, to avoid losing characters in the ET expansion, now this has happened. It's Shae, she did return after I did Blood Hunt, and now she's not there at all. Is this a new bug? I'm pretty upset that I used all my character's credits to buy gifts and level Shae, and now she's vanished.
Yeah, I found out the hard way (not Rank 50 hard, but still hard) that if you have the mission on Rishi to go do Blood Hunt for the first time or you reach the part of Yavin IV where the next mission is the Revan fight, Shae vanishes. She should come back once the mission is over both times.

Tolkyyn
01.03.2018 , 06:42 PM | #5
I knew she'd disappear for Blood Hunt, but she is not involved in Yavin 4 so it's pretty stupid to have her vanish. I'll hope you're right and that I get her back. Why do they have such awful glitches like this one, I could see for Blood Hunt she was the antagonist, but she's not involved in Yavin 4 at all, til the battle at the end. Pretty stupid.

Kramnikae
01.03.2018 , 09:13 PM | #6
She is involved with the fight with Revan on Y4.
"What? Me Worry?" ~Alfred E. Neuman

Dbohrius
01.04.2018 , 04:49 AM | #7
When they do return their Influence Level is the same it was before they vanished, right?
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

PorsaLindahl
01.04.2018 , 05:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dbohrius View Post
When they do return their Influence Level is the same it was before they vanished, right?
Yes.

I had Marr on one my characters. Leveled his influence up to 30. Later decided to finish the expansions. Then went back and started The Hunt over to get him back. He was still the same influence level.

What happened with Shae, in this case, is that she's part of the Shadow of Revan story line, starting with Blood Hunt until you defeat Revan on Yavin-4. And later she's in Chapter 14, Mandalore's Revenge, of TFE. She wouldn't be allowed as a companion in these cases, but I don't see why she would just disappear otherwise, though.

Your best bet to get her back may be to do through Chapter 9 of KoTFE and use the companion terminal to retrieve her. If she won't come back through the terminal, then you may have to play through the chapter 14 where her part in the story pretty much ends. Or submit a ticket.

Tolkyyn
01.04.2018 , 09:51 AM | #9
I have over 100 alts and 80% have done the KotFE and I so hate it now, especially Anarchy in Paradise, I won't do it again. Thanks all for your feedback on this.