Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs should add more companions and non-flashpoint story (my want list)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs should add more companions and non-flashpoint story (my want list)

ShieldProtection
01.03.2018 , 01:14 PM | #1
-watcher two aka shara jenn (she deserves more love/attention)
-the cat chick on ord mantell base who stole foods from republic
-the green chick czerka rifles expert on imperial fleet who gives you the fp quest and a small romance for female characters
-minister of intelligance (yes really, I think he can be great comp )
-the imperial guy on nar shadda landing area who gives you somesort quest, also a small romance for female characters)
-sergeant chick on imperial world (forgot its name) an imperial base within toxic water around it, she stays inside, and a very strict flirt option for sith lords as far as ı remember
-an female character when you do binoculars mission, a VERY boring quest can be taken on fleet stairs (also she have some DEM accent and voice)
-the female imperial trooper on DK outside, the wall, she stays front of the entrance where she gives you the quest (also her children calls her something cute, my female agent got a dialogue with her where she reveals that)
-the sith apprentice on korriban on outside base where you either complete a beast quest to her to get extra credits or only to the sith lord
-the imperial korriban trooper on outside, she asks you to learn about a sith guy, you learn that sith guy got killed in the cave and she asks you to report to a sith honor guard on sith acedemy, to let his father know about his son. She is a imperial sentry and she is so nice (dialogue choice: "but you are a softy!" never do that lol)
-***** sith senior lord at sith academy entrance (dialogue choice: "your red skin is lovely")

thats my list, those NPCs can be great companions in my opinion, this list will probably never ever will happen anytime soon since there's like 3 people in the studio, but one can only dream, right?

ExarSun
01.03.2018 , 01:48 PM | #2
Why do all that when they can reskin some items and put it on CM for easy money....joking aside tho, I too crave for some good written companion interactions...but 1 minute cutscene 2,3 times a year is all we are gonna get sadly.

ShieldProtection
01.03.2018 , 02:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarSun View Post
Why do all that when they can reskin some items and put it on CM for easy money....joking aside tho, I too crave for some good written companion interactions...but 1 minute cutscene 2,3 times a year is all we are gonna get sadly.
there is have to be a strict order or something from the top, publisher EA, its abnormal and strange people asking not too much from developers, just add some story that isnt 15min long, and yet they can't even do that , all they do is reskinned warzone map and a boring flashpoint. BioWare known for awesome story based games like mass effect , dragon age, (I still remember the citadel dlc for ME3 and how amazing that was) plus swtor is also about story, its on their main page website description when you search on google, "lucasarts and bioware brings to the next good thing about MMOs: story"

this is very abnormal they create such small content in large time, honestly I started to think EA doing this on purpose, limiting resources, lack of manpower etc, its the publishers who pulls the triggers nowadays. perhaps punishing bioware for something? Many of us here can agree that EA is known for their ruthless on their own developers, business means money, its ok I get that , but this is entirely different. There's huge distance between the content we got on SWTOR, meanwhile Battlefront 2 gets income like crazy and DLCs already on its way.

correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a businessman, but the way EA treats BioWare is like a labor slave. DICE and other minor devs under EA's control gets a fair business but not Bioware. Something is clearly and deeply wrong here

ExarSun
01.03.2018 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ShieldProtection View Post
SNIP
Oh, it is on purpose all right. I didn't actually believed until i saw it...the disaster in 2017 for this game...Then its not hard to realise, EA are first and foremost incompetent (they can only make one-dimensional sports games) and greedy. They only care about short-term profits - look how quickly they abandoned SWBF 1. They will make BF like their sports game - once a year or two, to squeeze more money from people. They are totally inept at realising that keeping up a MMO in good health is important even if you must spend resources on new content (it will still make you millions), they just operate in blind greed.
The other side is incompetence - what they with KOTET here, what they did do Mass Effect and other numerous games and studios like Visceral. I can go on and on, but it aint nothing that hasnt already been said about them. CD Projekt Red puts them to shame....they showed that you can still make a fortune if you put your heart into your game.

ShieldProtection
01.03.2018 , 03:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarSun View Post
Oh, it is on purpose all right. I didn't actually believed until i saw it...the disaster in 2017 for this game...Then its not hard to realise, EA are first and foremost incompetent (they can only make one-dimensional sports games) and greedy. They only care about short-term profits - look how quickly they abandoned SWBF 1. They will make BF like their sports game - once a year or two, to squeeze more money from people. They are totally inept at realising that keeping up a MMO in good health is important even if you must spend resources on new content (it will still make you millions), they just operate in blind greed.
The other side is incompetence - what they with KOTET here, what they did do Mass Effect and other numerous games and studios like Visceral. I can go on and on, but it aint nothing that hasnt already been said about them. CD Projekt Red puts them to shame....they showed that you can still make a fortune if you put your heart into your game.
Their sports games are sucks hard, last sports game I purchased from EA was back in mid 2000s, NHL 2007 (?) don't remember which year but that was the final NHL game on PC, after that they focused on consoles. Basically they releasing same game every year or so with different name, perfect example is FIFA, god what a disaster FIFA games are nowadays, stupid **** they put something called "FUT" still don't even know what that means nor what that is, but probably something about in game shop. I still remember the good ol' days when FIFA meant something, FIFA 2002 and 98 aka "road to world cup france" was the good football games in my opinion. Now all I see about FIFA is ronaldo/messi everywhere.

As for the CDPR, %100 agreed, Witcher games are truly fantastic games. Not much else to tell, simply and easily best RPG/open world games. Plus, CD Project RED is a independent developer, meaning no publisher can mess with them, thats also means one simple wrong move can lead to financial issues. And yet, they managed to create an amazing game with tons of awards they gained. well deserved. Speaking which, Steam Winter Sale 2017 is almost over and community selected Witcher 3 as "choices matter" award. well deserved indeed.

I just hope EA don't plan to kill off BioWare, after the ME Andromeda disaster I read somewhere on the web they did somesort "changes" on one of the studios BW have, dunno its true or just a rumor, not interested to search it again.

But I do remember EA destroyed devs like Maxis long ago, original developers of Sims series, they used them like a toilet paper and then killed it. Same goes for Westwood studios as well, devs of C&C Red Alert games, a good enjoyable RTS games, EA did basically butchered them.