Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

RudeDog
01.03.2018 , 11:14 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
People on this forum don't understand that. You either rag on the game or you're a white knight for the studio. There is no middle ground. Common sense is an uncommon trait here.
Common sense is expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information. It is not common sense to attack other players for expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information.

kodrac
01.03.2018 , 11:32 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by RudeDog View Post
Common sense is expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information. It is not common sense to attack other players for expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information.
So it's the studio's fault you don't know how time zones work?

http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-time-zone/
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

ceryxp
01.03.2018 , 11:40 AM | #43

I know how time zones work. I live in the Mountain time zone, so I'm only 1 hour off from the announcements that list Pacific (PST). The announcement on the in-game events page states DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT. 4 pm PST is 5 pm MST. The event did not end at 4 pm. For me, it ended at 5 am, which is 4 am PST. The event ended 12-hours early. I'm not upset about it, but the problem isn't as simple as someone not understanding time zones. The event ended 12-hours early. That is the issue people have.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

RudeDog
01.03.2018 , 11:41 AM | #44

(DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT)

January 1 at 4 PM PST = January 1 at 7 PM EST for my time zone. It looks to me that EA/BW should have been more articulate in their statement. Maybe using 1 time zone instead of 2 would have helped, but the problem is still on their end for not communicating properly. If they had communicated properly, no one would have been confused or asked the question. Again to the point that EA/BW does not communicate professionally.

GrizzlyUK
01.03.2018 , 12:05 PM | #45

Makes no difference whether a person knows or does not know how time zones work in regards to this. The event ended 12 HOURS early which is most certainly the fault of BioWare/EA!

Astounding that so many seem to have failed to comprehend why some are unhappy about this. Many would have planned their gaming that day to take advantage of the final hours of the event, then when they log in they find the event has ended early. That's not the fault of the player for failing to plan properly, it's not the fault of the player for bad planning, nor is it the fault of the player for not understanding time zones! This was purely down to BioWare!
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

PetFish
01.03.2018 , 12:29 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RudeDog View Post
Let’s get to the bottom of this and it has nothing to do with them being accurate.

This error could have been anything, literally ANYTHING, like someone left the toilet seat up at the HQ, and people would be making rage posts about it. People are so petty that they’re looking for any excuse or reason at all to justify in their brains that it’s time to rage at the game and how terrible it is.

But they don’t think to themselves ‘hmmmm, is this *really* worth spazzing-out over?’. Cuz they’re already locked-and-loaded looking for any reason to pull the trigger and in this scenario there’s nothing anyone can do to appease people just looking for a fight cuz they’ve already lost before it even begins.

There’s so many other things to be concerned with than a missing few hours of an already-extended perk event.
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

GrizzlyUK
01.03.2018 , 01:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Let’s get to the bottom of this and it has nothing to do with them being accurate.

This error could have been anything, literally ANYTHING, like someone left the toilet seat up at the HQ, and people would be making rage posts about it. People are so petty that they’re looking for any excuse or reason at all to justify in their brains that it’s time to rage at the game and how terrible it is.

But they don’t think to themselves ‘hmmmm, is this *really* worth spazzing-out over?’. Cuz they’re already locked-and-loaded looking for any reason to pull the trigger and in this scenario there’s nothing anyone can do to appease people just looking for a fight cuz they’ve already lost before it even begins.

There’s so many other things to be concerned with than a missing few hours of an already-extended perk event.
You might want to read up on the meaning of "few", maybe this explanation will help: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/few

The event ended 12 HOURS earlier than advertised, that's most certainly more than the "few hours" you keep stating. That's basically a day's gaming for the vast majority! All you're really doing is adding to the annoyance by blaming players for complaining.

Sure, there are lots of other things to be concerned with, but in this instance many players would have planned their day of gaming in SWTOR to take advantage of the final hours of this event only to log in and find that the event had ended 12 HOURS earlier than BioWare had announced! That's purely down to BioWare, whether the mistake was in closing the event early or the wrong times in the original announcement. Players were simply asking why the event ended early, then you made your first post in the thread and exacerbated the entire situation! Now players are being told it's their fault for not understanding time zones, even though that has absolutely nothing to do with this at all!

BioWare made a mistake somewhere, the reasons are for them to determine, but they wouldn't know to look into it if they weren't told about it in the first place! *shrug*
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

PennyAnn
01.03.2018 , 01:46 PM | #48
Not sure why everyone is freaking out about this.

I simply posted to point out the fact that they have been advertising for the event inaccurately. Not only that, but there are several other events on that page that have the same time structure listed. They are also inaccurate, I would assume. And Bioware can leave them that way, or they can be fixed and giving out correct information on the times that these things begin and end, accurately advertising the few events we have in this game - but that part is not up to me.

No crying, no need for slitting your throats over other people's reactions to this - just stating a fact.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about this because frankly I don't care that much. But as is typical, reading comprehension on these forums is low, and boredom with the game is high enough to cause forum wars over someone pointing out an error in their advertising.

Just gonna leave this right here. Happy New Year, fellas.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
My Referral Link

SaerethDL
01.03.2018 , 02:33 PM | #49
Double CXP should be the default, then we need double double cxp events tbh.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing.You will forever stand alone."
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE

PetFish
01.03.2018 , 03:10 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
I'm not going to argue with anyone about this because frankly I don't care that much.
Your OP suggests otherwise or you wouldn't have taken the time to make it. But, I suppose if you didn't do it someone else would have.

Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Just gonna leave this right here. Happy New Year, fellas.
Happy New Year!
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018