Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Colicoid war games groupfinder

howdidphone's Avatar


howdidphone
10.30.2016 , 10:56 PM | #1
So im at level 65 and Colicoid War Game is one of my favorite FP but i cant find it in the group finder, what do?

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
10.30.2016 , 11:04 PM | #2
You have to make your own team for it. Due to the nature of the mechanics, it was deemed inappropriate for the Group Finder, unfortunately. Doubly unfortunately, in fact, because it was honestly one of the most PuG-friendly of the original FPs in my experience, since using the provided tools could get you through almost the entire thing without much concern for team members filling their "proper" roles (which, IMO, is exactly how Tactical FPs "should" work in the first place).

howdidphone's Avatar


howdidphone
10.30.2016 , 11:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
You have to make your own team for it. Due to the nature of the mechanics, it was deemed inappropriate for the Group Finder, unfortunately. Doubly unfortunately, in fact, because it was honestly one of the most PuG-friendly of the original FPs in my experience, since using the provided tools could get you through almost the entire thing without much concern for team members filling their "proper" roles (which, IMO, is exactly how Tactical FPs "should" work in the first place).
well that really sucks, so i either skip one of my favorites or try to find a team in the mass spam that is the chat

Mubrak's Avatar


Mubrak
10.30.2016 , 11:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by howdidphone View Post
well that really sucks, so i either skip one of my favorites or try to find a team in the mass spam that is the chat
Colicoid war games is still level 40, so it will be even harder to find a group.
At level 65 you now can solo the turrets with a healer companion, the dots still hurt but not hard enough, and it's fun.

The first energy barrier puzzle can be soloed by letting the droid kick you on the ridge around one of the columns left and right of the final barrier, and then tiptoeing around the column, carefully but quick enough that the droid won't kick you down the next time. You don't want to kill the droid in case you fall and need it again, and don't forget to deactivate the barriers before going to the second part.

To solo the second barrier puzzle you need to do the same on the two rightmost barriers, this time you can jump on the railing and from there on the ridge. Not worse than some of the datacrons.

You'll get no loot, though. The chests can't be opened and the final boss drops nothing at all, not even a single credit.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

thepilk's Avatar


thepilk
10.31.2016 , 05:56 PM | #5
Since its still level 40 and practically everything in the instance dies in one shot, a friend of mine uses it to grind out the "kill 1000 enemies with X-companion" achievements by just farming the hundreds of 1-2 shot kill colicoids that spawn during the first two phases.

Also, the first time you kill the final boss (which takes like 5 seconds with the lopsided levels) you unlock the trophy decoration and achievement at least..so I ran it just for that.
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com

jozocuric's Avatar


jozocuric
11.06.2016 , 07:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by howdidphone View Post
So im at level 65 and Colicoid War Game is one of my favorite FP but i cant find it in the group finder, what do?
Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are removed from tactical group finder too.

_Tarkus_'s Avatar


_Tarkus_
01.01.2018 , 06:53 PM | #7
Another reason to quit this game.

dwiekopy's Avatar


dwiekopy
01.03.2018 , 12:47 AM | #8
It`s just low. How can you leave such a mess? is it still level 40? it was one of my favourite flashpoints as well,now completely ignored. I need to get some hackers to get the game code to fix it for myself, seriously

streunekatze's Avatar


streunekatze
02.04.2018 , 09:48 AM | #9
It would be really nice if they would add it to the group finder and upgrade it for tacticle mode.

dwiekopy's Avatar


dwiekopy
02.10.2018 , 05:35 AM | #10
I can`t understand why there is no master mode even. Why? What is the problem to change that to veteran mode as well? why? why? few koltos here and there and that`s it and turret fight doesn`t even require any koltos. Why? why?