Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theran Shan?

BlueShiftRecall
01.02.2018 , 03:21 PM | #3191
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have to check but I think I have about three months left on my subscription. if we're just going to have another year like 2017 where we get 20 minutes of story content and a couple of flashpoints, I can't see myself continuing to subscribe. If they plan to release more than that, they will have my support.

I really liked Theron up until the last month or so. I felt that he was a core part of my character's story and that he should always be around. But a variety of factors - some of which aren't even in the story - have really made me dislike him, and it's a shame.
I'm in the same boat, sub runs out in a a few months and if we're looking at getting nothing more than 2 or 3 FP's with less than 10-20 minute of story content for the entire year then I'm out and will just come back for a month at the very end of the year and spend an hour or two and do it all on my pub and imp mains. I've been a big fan of Theron since he was first introduced but this game of cat and mouse and is he a traitor blah blah blah has run its course for me, how long can they drag this out? They really need to start communicating what's coming up this year if they're expecting people to hang around.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

IoNonSoEVero
01.02.2018 , 03:26 PM | #3192
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Yeah, I keep Arcann alive on all of my characters, and only killed him once "for science" and never again, lol. It just felt so...awful. That whole scene on the rooftop, even Theron standing there with a look of pure horror on his face...but then again, I'm a fan of Arcann and am patiently awaiting his romance. Theron, Andronikos, Scourge, and Arcann...those are my boys.

The story for me felt like it was meant for Arcann to be there (not so much Senya, but she goes where her son goes). Don't tell Arcann that I probably wouldn't have minded killing her if there was a way to keep him alive out of the deal. *shhhh*

I have friends that will never see that locked Theron content other than on YouTube and it sucks for them.
I have heard people say both things a lot - that they only saved Senya because they wanted Arcann, or vice versa. I don't like either but it's a pity they are a package deal.

Scourge I like (not for romance, but he's my Jedi Knight's buddy) . Andronikos I didn't want to romance, but I did grow very fond of him by the end of the Inquisitor's story. It's too bad they have not brought him back. I thought he could have been written into that KOFTE chapter with Vette and Gault, or turned up on Asylum.

Dracofish
01.02.2018 , 04:03 PM | #3193
I have heard people say both things a lot - that they only saved Senya because they wanted Arcann, or vice versa. I don't like either but it's a pity they are a package deal.

Scourge I like (not for romance, but he's my Jedi Knight's buddy) . Andronikos I didn't want to romance, but I did grow very fond of him by the end of the Inquisitor's story. It's too bad they have not brought him back. I thought he could have been written into that KOFTE chapter with Vette and Gault, or turned up on Asylum.
I love how Nik plays off an Inquisitor...especially since my Inq isn't really like normal Sith in the way that she wants all mortals to bow at her feet (she didn't even hit Korriban til she was twenty so it's not like she was raised "in it" like the Warrior was). She has no patience for Imperial bootlicking and totally loves how Nik doesn't take any crap. They just...work...as a couple.

I can't imagine any convincing reason they could come up with for his return now after two years of the Commander walking and breathing. Which is why there's fanfic...because I'm done waiting, lol. Vend-o-matic Nik here I go!

Scourge and my Knight are kinda that couple that just transcends all differences...their conflicting ideologies and backgrounds is what made their relationship grow, and made them stronger. My Knight is rather grey, and is very jaded with the Order anyways. And I have a feeling we're going to see him cured when he returns.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

IoNonSoEVero
01.02.2018 , 04:22 PM | #3194
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post

I can't imagine any convincing reason they could come up with for his return now after two years of the Commander being walking and breathing. Which is why there's fanfic...because I'm done waiting, lol. Vend-o-matic Nik here I go!
I think that is the difficulty they will run into with any returning companions now. It's been way too long and it's not like the Commander is anonymous. Especially if it's a love interest/spouse (I am not sure if you can marry everyone in the vanilla storylines, but I think so?), the fact that they haven't bothered to pick up a holo and call the Alliance to reunite with their loved one in 2+ years won't make much sense.

I feel like they could throw a couple (Scourge, perhaps Kira and Nadia) into stasis or carbonite, there might be one or two that went off the rails and are so overcome with madness to get in touch, and I could see Vector being forced to return to the hive and thus be unable to contact the Agent. But otherwise...yeah.

Nefla
01.02.2018 , 10:21 PM | #3195
BioWare hates all of us, hates story, hates choices, hates characters, and hates roleplaying, all the companions are going to die and become bricks and the game will then be your character doing multiplayer combat stuff with no dialogue or choices or interactions. Yay.

IoNonSoEVero
01.03.2018 , 07:41 PM | #3196
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
BioWare hates all of us, hates story, hates choices, hates characters, and hates roleplaying, all the companions are going to die and become bricks and the game will then be your character doing multiplayer combat stuff with no dialogue or choices or interactions. Yay.
It's a sad but true fact that if we were all content killing each other in warzones for fun, playing the same multiplayer ops over and over again and simply using some silent Cartel Market girl companion dressed in skimpy underwear, it would probably bring operating and dev costs down considerably. I'd like to hope that they still want to do more, but as the 8-Ball would say, the future is unclear.

Nefla
01.03.2018 , 10:33 PM | #3197
It's a sad but true fact that if we were all content killing each other in warzones for fun, playing the same multiplayer ops over and over again and simply using some silent Cartel Market girl companion dressed in skimpy underwear, it would probably bring operating and dev costs down considerably. I'd like to hope that they still want to do more, but as the 8-Ball would say, the future is unclear.
Definitely people like us are an expensive date so to speak and we're also particular and have higher standards than the mass market, casual, pay-to-win, microtransaction crowd that every game company covets for their easy dollars. T_T

Burana
02.04.2018 , 05:17 AM | #3198
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
This. My favorite companion backstabbed my character, what a great story it makes, yay. I unsibscribed.

Asmodesu
02.15.2018 , 06:48 PM | #3199
Looks like nothing but another flashpoint with barely any interaction this half of the eyar.. pity.. I was hopeful for something sooner..

"you have 3 days of subscription remaining" ... I really wanted information that would satisfy me enough to hit the sub button again
The flashpoint next month would have been enough for one more month sub but another 2 months to wait? I've left the impatient part and quickly approaching the "why bother" stage
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath
referral -- FAQ

Dracofish
02.15.2018 , 07:16 PM | #3200
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Looks like nothing but another flashpoint with barely any interaction this half of the eyar.. pity.. I was hopeful for something sooner..

"you have 3 days of subscription remaining" ... I really wanted information that would satisfy me enough to hit the sub button again
The flashpoint next month would have been enough for one more month sub but another 2 months to wait? I've left the impatient part and quickly approaching the "why bother" stage
I'm pretty sure the road map said that the traitor story line will be concluded in the April update.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT