Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Schoock
12.14.2017 , 03:27 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
There isn't any passive ability that increase your F/T resistance, this would be way to OP in pvp, giving you permanently a small chance to completely avoid a cc for example, the tank passive increase your shield chance, who aren't exactly the same, since you'll always take damage even when you shield an attack
There is, afaik, only one tank ability who does increase F/T resist chance, the explosive fuel on tank PT.
Shroud increase F/T resist chance by 200% also but it's not really a tank only ability

Edit : There is actually two other ability, I had to log on my guardian to check but Blade Barrage increase F/T resist chance by 6% after it's use for 6 seconds, as well as Riposte, who increase Force/Tech resistance by 5% after its use for 10 seconds.
Sintanks have a 2% passive chance of F/T resist. Comes from the Premonition (lvl 60 passive) skill.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

JediAAK
12.15.2017 , 03:06 AM | #42
Great guide. Very detailed and well written!
Vulkk, Sentinel on TRE | A veteran player and a huge Star Wars fan
VULKK.com
SWTOR Videos, News & Blogs and more!

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.15.2017 , 04:18 AM | #43
Excellent job. Way to go with it. I'm sure this will be an invaluable resource to many players of all skill levels and experience. Certainly deserves to be stickied!

A PVP forum first from a player.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

Evolixe
12.15.2017 , 06:54 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Excellent job. Way to go with it. I'm sure this will be an invaluable resource to many players of all skill levels and experience. Certainly deserves to be stickied!

A PVP forum first from a player.
I mean.. there were stickies before but they got outdated too much.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Tharandil
12.15.2017 , 09:48 AM | #45
Thank you! I'm happy to see an updated guide. Keep up the good work!

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Banderal
12.15.2017 , 12:37 PM | #46
This thing is amazing.

Uhm, one minor thing I think I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. You can interrupt a cap with your actual "interrupt" ability, and then it actually prevents them from trying to cap again for the 4 seconds. Admittedly, I'm guilty of usually forgetting to do this, but I'm pretty sure it still works. And if it's in the guide and I missed it - sorry.

Maybe this guide could be used as a barrier to solo ranked. Bioware could implements a "you must answer correctly one random question from Ne'laa's PvP guide, before you are allowed in ranked".
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Schoock
12.15.2017 , 06:23 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Uhm, one minor thing I think I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. You can interrupt a cap with your actual "interrupt" ability, and then it actually prevents them from trying to cap again for the 4 seconds. Admittedly, I'm guilty of usually forgetting to do this, but I'm pretty sure it still works. And if it's in the guide and I missed it - sorry.
You're right, I missed this. Will include in the next update.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

BrandonLovett
01.01.2018 , 06:28 PM | #48
Hello my brothers and sisters of the Dark Side, I am looking for someone who can help me set up some good key-bind combinations for PvP gameplay. Is there anyone who could help me accomplish this with my Sith Marauder?

Thanks in advance...
Darth Decimus Grooth

MackPol
01.02.2018 , 05:18 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonLovett View Post
Hello my brothers and sisters of the Dark Side, I am looking for someone who can help me set up some good key-bind combinations for PvP gameplay. Is there anyone who could help me accomplish this with my Sith Marauder?

Thanks in advance...
It is a personal thing, how to key bind Would be important to find out if you can move with the mouse only ? If so then you can keybind basicly anything including your movement keys to abilities, so WSAD could be bound to abilities as well as other around it, QERTFVCXZ all will be within ez access. 1234 on top of that. Then same buttons with Shift or Space for extra slots are quite good to and ez to get used to. you could leave couple, say A and S for strafing.
If thats not possible you can move movement to E,S and F then key bind abilities around it. You dont need backpeddle button, its of little use. Usually its good to put most important or most frequently used abilities within eziest reach. Also for some its good to put abilities in order of their execution, for example for Fury Mara, say leap is Q, then Force Crush W, Battering Assault E, Ravage R and Furious Strike T for example or whateveer is your abilities priority. Also any extra buttons your mouse or keyboard has could be used too.
If you give more information someone could give you better tips

PS : Come to the Light Side. Discover true ways of the Force.

Evolixe
01.04.2018 , 11:41 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
It is a personal thing, how to key bind Would be important to find out if you can move with the mouse only ? If so then you can keybind basicly anything including your movement keys to abilities, so WSAD could be bound to abilities as well as other around it, QERTFVCXZ all will be within ez access. 1234 on top of that. Then same buttons with Shift or Space for extra slots are quite good to and ez to get used to. you could leave couple, say A and S for strafing.
If thats not possible you can move movement to E,S and F then key bind abilities around it. You dont need backpeddle button, its of little use. Usually its good to put most important or most frequently used abilities within eziest reach. Also for some its good to put abilities in order of their execution, for example for Fury Mara, say leap is Q, then Force Crush W, Battering Assault E, Ravage R and Furious Strike T for example or whateveer is your abilities priority. Also any extra buttons your mouse or keyboard has could be used too.
If you give more information someone could give you better tips

PS : Come to the Light Side. Discover true ways of the Force.
TL;DR

Put rotational stuff on spam buttons
Put cooldowns on easy-to-reach-but-not-spam buttons
Put usables on far-away-so-you-don't-accidentially buttons

And gaming mice with buttons on them are nice.

The end.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server