Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercs / commandos still the god class in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mercs / commandos still the god class in pvp

sachuk
12.30.2017 , 12:00 PM | #61
yes indeed i am jugg main just usubbed snipers and maras are gods in pvp no point playing anything else

Floplag
12.30.2017 , 12:16 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by sachuk View Post
yes indeed i am jugg main just usubbed snipers and maras are gods in pvp no point playing anything else
If you truly believe this, you are playing Jugg wrong.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

TrixxieTriss
12.30.2017 , 05:40 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
If you truly believe this, you are playing Jugg wrong.
Have to agree with this ^^

Warning another long post below :

Iíve been playing my Fury Mara all year and now everyone has started to roll Fury Maraís 😓, so I decided to start playing my rage Jugg again because I feel the Fury Mara may become FOTM and dislike playing FOTM.
Most Maraís are killable on my Jugg in a 1v1 environment, but Iím still trying to smooth out the rough edges after not playing my Jugg for 18 months.
My conclusion so far is Rage Juggs are a natural counter to Fury Maraís. Both have very similar dps abilities and burst. While Maraís are more mobile and have great survivability, Juggs make up for that with reflect and enduring Bastion. Most Maraís donít know how to deal with either ability and keep attacking instead of staying out of range. Theyíve gotten too used to staying on people and zooming around to actually watch what another class is doing.
Fury Maraís think they can still burst down a lot of classes even if they make mistakes and keep attacking through Merc heal to full. But they always seem to under estimate my Jugg and think they can burst me down during enduring Bastion.
Juggs have some great survivability if you donít blow all your DCDs at once. Maraís should be wary of the sleeping giant and try not to poke the bear in 1v1 engagements unless they actually know what they are doing. And any good Maraís, Iíll see you on the field of battle so I can sharpen my edges and have some fun testing my metal against you.

Snipers are much more challenging than when Iím on my Mara, but they arenít gods. They are definitely tough, but they do die. You just need to change your mind set and tactics yet again.

Mercs are fun because they try to face tank me 9/10 times. But I am wondering why my force push doesnít work on them most of the time? Iíve not checked what utility or ability affects this, can anyone shine some light on it?

Iím finding my main nemesis at the moment to be Sins and Operatives. Their hit and run tactics, along with having many options to control my already limited mobility, make them one of the hardest classes to engage on my Jugg if they are half decent. The one saving grace is most Sins are skanks and want to have a stand up fight and not use their speed and mez as an advantage. When they do that, I win most encounters.

I hate Operatives with a passion, they are an ongoing annoyance for me on most classes since they changed stabby stabbyís mez arc a few years ago. But they are ruthless against a Jugg because we already have the most limited mobility and escapes in the game.

Now if you put two Sins, two Operative or a combo of both against a Jugg, you may as well bend over and put out the welcome mat, lol. Things are what they are, Iíll just need to adjust and Iím hoping Iíll be able to develop some tactics in this meta to counter these classes better. My biggest dilemma is my lag. For some strange reason, both stealth classes lag my ability activation more than other classes, even when I play the class, Iím not sure why, probably their speed and stealth animations combined add something to it. So they always have that advantage in every encounter against me.

Iíll rank the classes in difficulty against my Jugg at the moment. Lowest difficulty to highest. This is a work in progress as Iíve only been playing my Jugg in this current meta for half a week, I expect things will change as I work out how to deal with classes better.

Easiest to hardest in 1v1 (no healer)
Jugg vs

1. Mara / Jugg dps
2. Sin and Jugg skanks
3. Mercs
4. PTs (surprisingly they are very good at staying out of most of my dps range abilities, while staying under force leap range)
5. Sorc healers
6. Sorc dps
7. Snipers
8. Dps Sins
9. Operatives

If anyone has any tips, Iíll take them on board and see if they work for me.
Let me finish by adding everyoneís favourite nerf slogan
#nerfoperatives

Chiters
12.31.2017 , 05:13 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Mercs are fun because they try to face tank me 9/10 times. But I am wondering why my force push doesnít work on them most of the time? Iíve not checked what utility or ability affects this, can anyone shine some light on it?
You've been playing this game for 6 years and act like you're the greatest player in the history of the universe on these forums and STILL don't know how Hydraulic Overrides work?

Mind blown...
Straight Gamer.
I like GIRLS only!

TrixxieTriss
12.31.2017 , 06:06 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiters View Post
You've been playing this game for 6 years and act like you're the greatest player in the history of the universe on these forums and STILL don't know how Hydraulic Overrides work?

Mind blown...
I know how it works, but sometimes certain classes utilitiy choices can override others. Leap or force push often overrule other classes abilities and utility choices.
Iíve only just started playing my Jugg again, as I pointed out . Iíve also not played my Merc because I hate playing FOTM classes, so Iíve not had first hand experience on it for over a year and things have changed since then
Iím certainly not the greatest player, but Iím also not some scrub. I know what my limitations and Iím not too proud to ask for advice or help because it can only make me a better player.
If we went back two years ago I would have jumped on my Merc and played for a bit to find out all the nuances. But since 5.0, Iím less enthusiastic about the game and Iím asking for advice a lot more instead of spending hours testing stuff like I used to.
So you donít need to jump on here and be rude. All you had to say is Overide prevents it working and I would have said, ďyeah, that makes sense, I just wasnít sure, thanks for letting me knowĒ.
Anyway Happy New Year and be safe

Thaladan
12.31.2017 , 06:10 PM | #66
still fotm maybe but now surely the most no brain spec to play is fury maraudeur.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

TrixxieTriss
12.31.2017 , 06:33 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
still fotm maybe but now surely the most no brain spec to play is fury maraudeur.
Not really. Fury Maraís are anything but a brain dead spec. Anyone that thinks they can just jump on one for the first time and do well is in for a surprise. To play Fury well, you need some lvl of skill. Itís not as simple and forgiving as Mercs were in 5.0. They do require you to know what you are doing most of the time.
What I am seeing is a bunch of Maraís who run together and burst all over one person. This of course makes them look easy and OP because they have great burst and any idiot can get of that first burst ability off and then not need to do anything else because their cohorts running with them have all used the same burst. Itís really no different than any other group of the same class running together in a gank squad and burst people down in one hit.
But get one of those Maraís alone and itís a different story. They have zero idea how to use their DCDs or what ability priorities to use. Most run out of focus/rage and need to spam their weak lightsaber ability to build it up again. And god forbid they donít have two healers to back them up, then they rage quit and call everyone else scrubs.
Iíve yet to see a FOTM Mara kill a healer, tank or sniper. Most good Sorcs just run away from them. They are also extremely surprised when a dps Jugg kills them. Iíve been accused of running a skank Jugg because two of them couldnít kill me and I soloíd one before back up arrived that finished the other off before I could get a double solo
Maraís may seem easy on the outside because people are putting up big numbers, but ask yourself, where are those numbers coming from. Is it because they are running in a gank squad with two healers backing them up or is it because they know how to play!

clocknane
01.01.2018 , 11:43 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Uebli View Post
Hi,

the "nerf" of the Mercs / commandos was an joke, they are still the best class for pvp. i extra made me an merc and the survivability is totaly OP . I didnt play this class for long time and had only 242 gear , but stand more then 20 sec against 4 or 5 players ..alone !! This survivability needs an melee not an range dd !!

I had more and more games with my main (juggernaut) where both groups has more and more range dd's so they build 2 frontlines the healers behind them and shoot each others. As Jugger you have now choice to jump into enemy line and die or throw sometimes your saber The healers dont reach you because they stand in back. its same senseles fighting like in first worldwar in verdun

And wats the reason for that...that the range dd's are totaly OP in their defense since over 2 years. Of course no one will play melee.

The best defense has merc
the range attack has merc
merc can heal him self with scans when he run from on point to another or has a few sec time beetwen attacks
merc has heavy armor

sniper has geat movement to dodge enemys attacks and shield wich heals him

....and what has jugg (wich stands in enemy grp) one defense buff wich heals him , merc has 3 !

if there nothing change we will see only mercs snipers heals and saboteurs.

wich such an disbalance over a long time you can kill a game !

with this game play you dont need the expensive star wars license
While I agree mando's/mercs are pretty over tuned atm, I find skank tanks to be even worse.. the damage output along with mitgation.. yikes..

KendraP
01.02.2018 , 01:09 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by clocknane View Post
While I agree mando's/mercs are pretty over tuned atm, I find skank tanks to be even worse.. the damage output along with mitgation.. yikes..
Consider the damage output by a skank. The overwhelming amount of the time, if I put decent numbers up as a skank it's because I was preventing 6 people from capping a node and was sitting at the door Aoeing. And I am very unlikely to be running around trying to kill people because I am a tank and my job is mitigation. This is different from a merc or sniper in that they exist to damage (or I guess technically heal for mercs).

DavidAtkinson
01.02.2018 , 01:27 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Consider the damage output by a skank. The overwhelming amount of the time, if I put decent numbers up as a skank it's because I was preventing 6 people from capping a node and was sitting at the door Aoeing. And I am very unlikely to be running around trying to kill people because I am a tank and my job is mitigation. This is different from a merc or sniper in that they exist to damage (or I guess technically heal for mercs).
I can agree with you.. I have nothing with skank tanks, but when I see a PT skank tank do 7kdps/round in team ranked, I kinda think something might be wrong after all.