Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possibility of Solo Operations?

KKatis
12.29.2017 , 03:38 PM | #1
I prefer to play solo, but I feel like I am missing out on a lot of story because I cannot do the operations. I am wondering how likely we could see solo operations like on Yavin 4. How many out there would like the option?

countdemons
12.29.2017 , 04:05 PM | #2
Relax. They haven't released ops for over 2 years. And before tos and rav it was 2 years before that. Devs don't care about endgame. Its all about solo and story. They would break pvp, well.. more than they have and get everyone to do it solo if they could.

In finishing, i'd be pretty confident that it is on its way sometime soon
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

DenariusJay
12.29.2017 , 04:19 PM | #3
I don't think the current operations will ever be solo mode.

The closest thing to a solo operation is the Eternal Championship Arena or w/e its called. Would be fun to see more of that type of content, doesn't hurt to have something new like that every now and then.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

countdemons
12.29.2017 , 06:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
I don't think the current operations will ever be solo mode.

The closest thing to a solo operation is the Eternal Championship Arena or w/e its called. Would be fun to see more of that type of content, doesn't hurt to have something new like that every now and then.
It would be nice if they ever released end game content. This is a multi player game with zero multi player content ever being released.
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

nyrkverse
12.30.2017 , 01:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KKatis View Post
I prefer to play solo, but I feel like I am missing out on a lot of story because I cannot do the operations. I am wondering how likely we could see solo operations like on Yavin 4. How many out there would like the option?
The Revan fight at the end of the Yavin 4 is not a solo operation, it's just the end of the story arc which everyone - whether you choose to move the story forward doing the actual operation (Temple of Sacrifice) or the dailies - will have to do to complete it.

An actual operation is a *very* different experience. I'm sure that going forward there will always be a solo path available if they choose to make an operation part of the main story again but probably not "solo operations" like it's been done for the flashpoints. I mean, anything's always possible but given how many more priorities the dev team has, it seems unlikely.

The good news for you is that there's very little actual story content in operations. You're not missing any epic cutscene with meaningful story choices or dialogue inside those instances.

You are however missing some ancillary content, the biggest being what happened with the Dread Masters, something that is the backdrop of the Section X and Oricon questlines and 6 Operations: Karagga's Palace, Explosive Conflict, Terror from Beyond, Scum & Villainy, Dread Fortress, Dread Palace. The more meaningful ones are Explosive Conflict, where you learn what they've been up to since Belsavis (there's a prologue and epilogue cutscene) and the Dreads, which after completion give you access to the epilogue cutscene for the whole thing. (Something happens in Scum & Villainy that's also pretty major and it's referenced maybe twice during Oricon).

I would encourage you to try them if you don't have any specific constraints that prevents you to play in a group - odd hours, inability to set a couple of hours aside to play (a few minutes breaks here and there won't be an issue obviously) or other personal reasons.

Raiding with a group of people can be insanely fun and I'm speaking as someone who started the game to play solo and solo only and then basically stayed a sub just for the raiding part. Also, storymode operations are not complicated at all, if you're worried about that .
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

ShadowofaMew
02.17.2018 , 01:23 AM | #6
I'm in a similar boat with you. I would like to have some of the more important, story-driven ops be solo, I am a lore junkie, and me not having the ability to play through the ops on my own is a bit of a missed opportunity for me.

LordTurin
02.17.2018 , 08:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowofaMew View Post
I'm in a similar boat with you. I would like to have some of the more important, story-driven ops be solo, I am a lore junkie, and me not having the ability to play through the ops on my own is a bit of a missed opportunity for me.
Watch it on youtube. There are literally about 2 minutes of cutscenes you miss by not doing the operation.

Alternatively, wait until it is the gf daily, and join a group that forms on fleet to do it. Most people will be happy to take you through it the first time, and you'll get to experience the whole thing.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

drug_cartel
02.17.2018 , 09:17 PM | #8
As a single parent, I loathe raiding. I do not want my games to require a similar commitment as if they were an additional part-time job. I should not be expected to do something daily/weekly that requires even an hour or two of uninterrupted time.

All I wanted from this game when I first pre-ordered was for it to be KOTOR 3, and have a strong enough single player story experience that I could have fun the way I did with KOTOR 1-2. Basically I want to pay a subscription for a single player game.

I ran most of the flashpoints when I out-leveled them enough that I could solo them back in the day, and I've never done an Op. And I never will. If they made them solo'able, I'd run them even without rewards, just for the experience of it. But if they don't, I don't feel like it's any great loss. I'll just continue to play solo, and decorate my 1 man Guild Ship that I'm funding 100% by myself.

merovejec
02.19.2018 , 12:41 AM | #9
As far as im concerned if you just want to finish the story for Oricon I guess they could develop something like they did on Yavin for the Revan fight so that people finnaly stop requesting Solo ops.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

zorngodofall
02.20.2018 , 11:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by drug_cartel View Post
As a single parent, I loathe raiding. I do not want my games to require a similar commitment as if they were an additional part-time job. I should not be expected to do something daily/weekly that requires even an hour or two of uninterrupted time.

All I wanted from this game when I first pre-ordered was for it to be KOTOR 3, and have a strong enough single player story experience that I could have fun the way I did with KOTOR 1-2. Basically I want to pay a subscription for a single player game.

I ran most of the flashpoints when I out-leveled them enough that I could solo them back in the day, and I've never done an Op. And I never will. If they made them solo'able, I'd run them even without rewards, just for the experience of it. But if they don't, I don't feel like it's any great loss. I'll just continue to play solo, and decorate my 1 man Guild Ship that I'm funding 100% by myself.
So if there's a modicum of difficulty it's something you find offensive? That's rather sad. This game offers some of the best story content as well as some of the most difficult PVE content I've tried to do. I mean there's almost nothing to be gained from roflstomping things so much where you don't even have to try, that idea strips away so much from the game itself offers