Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Iokath map

Magira
12.17.2017 , 09:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiyoni View Post
I like this map, because of many tight spaces that you can hide in. Mostly because gunships have harder time to hit people.
I like them too. Here you can fly almost everything, it is so wonderfully confusing.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

LordFell
12.18.2017 , 02:37 PM | #12
One idiosyncratic thing I've noticed.... although this map undeniably has more clutter than any other... I've also found that it's not at all uncommon to be able to place yourself so that you have LOS on someone who's even 40K kliks. I mean... by the time you're in range, they're not in LOS anymore, but there are a lot of through-shots in the map.
...if that makes any sense.

Shivax
12.19.2017 , 06:17 AM | #13
We need map.

Cut big chunk of space near Iokath.

Drop garbage.

Done.

I think picture for loading screen took more effort.

Kraagien
12.21.2017 , 05:38 AM | #14
So far I really like the Iokath Map. It doesn't feel like any of the maps to me, it really is another unique addition to the five maps we had. Whether some tactics will ruin it in the future, like Ticking Bombers, I don't dare say yet.

The skybox texture is looking really good, there are lots of LoS options and even though some think that Gunships might not be good in the map, so far I've had a lot of fun with my Mangler flying around.

There is one thing I dislike though: The map eats a lot more CPU than the other, static maps. I think this may be due to the dynamic blaster bolts flying around, but I just don't get an as high framerate in Iokath as in other maps.
RedFantom - Developer of the GSF Parser

WingCommander and Recruitment Officer of Thranta Squadron

Flusssaeure
12.21.2017 , 05:09 PM | #15
Are you having similar issues in Denon Dom? After that map has also background Blaster fire it would be a surprise if Iokath causes problems and Denon not, or it would mean that not the background blaster fire is the problem.

ironrd
12.27.2017 , 08:29 AM | #16
Revenge of the knee jerk retro thrusters.

You mean people might have to think besides blasting past you at full speed, hitting retro thrusters, cutting the engines and bursting people down? For shame.

There are angles and escape routes that you can perch around waiting for somebody trailing smoke trying to evade missile locks on their tails only to fly straight into your lap.

It is a challenge to buzz through with scouts. Not a bad challenge. A fun one.
Misuse - <Legacy> Ebon Hawk

Verain
12.27.2017 , 01:23 PM | #17
I am a huge fan of the new map. I think it's pretty much the coolest map for girl bombers, and I think it tries to split the difference between clean line of sight and not. I also like how it is so meaningfully tall, with space that matters in all directions. I think it's a great addition. The meta is absolutely determined by available maps, after all, and this is actually a new map that is substantially different from the others.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

phalczen
12.27.2017 , 08:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Flusssaeure View Post
Are you having similar issues in Denon Dom? After that map has also background Blaster fire it would be a surprise if Iokath causes problems and Denon not, or it would mean that not the background blaster fire is the problem.
There is a lot more debris in Iokath though. A blaster bolt may not necessarily be more complex than a static structure, just because it is in motion. It may not have the same complexity of textures as the hull of an Eternal Fleet ship. I haven't checked my framerate in either map yet though.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.