Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A name I had for 5 years?

dscount
12.14.2017 , 09:39 AM | #11
Sorry about that OP, but things happen. I wish someone had said something a couple months before the changes happened.

Oh wait... THEY DID...

Not going to lie - they could have done a better job on the details and communication, but if you had been playing the game and had an active sub the DAY we merged then you in theory shouldn't have lost your names.

Some people planned ahead (Like years ago) and had same favorite names on multiple servers.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

AlienEyeTX
12.14.2017 , 10:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Glnndudley View Post
Forcing me to change characters names (one is my nickname RL) and I have had for about 5 years, How exactly is that fair??? Another Name I came up with (there wasn't anything others on any server) again getting forced to change my characters name??

Honestly I have dealt with your shady Business practices and your double talking for awhile now and I'm feed up with it. The best thing that can happen to this title now is for it to get sued. By all means Ban my account you can take your worthless company and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'm over the bull ****.
It's unfair to you? How would it be fair to the other person if they had to change their name?

In this situation, someone is going to get the short end of the stick. This time it was you. Just change the name and move on... it's still the same character.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Sith-Viscera
12.14.2017 , 11:02 AM | #13
I kinda do think its some what unfair. If you are the incumbent from another server coming to a new server. If that incumbent has same name to an establish resident of that server. Then that incumbent should have to change their name not the established resident already on that new server.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Djake
12.14.2017 , 11:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
I kinda do think its some what unfair. If you are the incumbent from another server coming to a new server. If that incumbent has same name to an establish resident of that server. Then that incumbent should have to change their name not the established resident already on that new server.

These new servers were just that, New Servers. There were no "incumbents". They did what was the best way. The subscribed person with the most PLAYED TIME, got the name. It didn't matter if you made your name on launch day, if you then just let the character languish unplayed.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

reviin
12.16.2017 , 09:42 PM | #15
Hahahahaha I had to rename like 8 characters myself.....Wish I had recalled the fact you can put spaces in the names here unlike some games.
Click my referral link for free gift bundles http://www.swtor.com/r/BRPK6y

LostInReverie
12.26.2017 , 11:13 AM | #16
I got incredibly lucky. Hadn't played the game in months when the server merge happened, and none of my characters lost their names. But yeah, it sucks, and like others have said just use a space and last name. :P

Otleuveh
12.27.2017 , 04:11 AM | #17
some of my characters need a rename but when i put the same exactly it worked
"Let me Live"

Letsjet
01.05.2018 , 12:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Glnndudley View Post
Forcing me to change characters names (one is my nickname RL) and I have had for about 5 years, How exactly is that fair??? Another Name I came up with (there wasn't anything others on any server) again getting forced to change my characters name??

Honestly I have dealt with your shady Business practices and your double talking for awhile now and I'm feed up with it. The best thing that can happen to this title now is for it to get sued. By all means Ban my account you can take your worthless company and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'm over the bull ****.
I have a collectors ed and my sin was pre-release.
Darth Vicious is now Darth Nihilich ... smh
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Confusi
03.26.2018 , 08:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by teekayfourtwo View Post
Just add an alt code dude, its what everyone else did.
Though I am a few months behind on this, can someone explain what an "alt code" is?
Thanks

Setokai
03.26.2018 , 11:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Confusi View Post
Though I am a few months behind on this, can someone explain what an "alt code" is?
Thanks
alt codes are used for foreign lettering such as making the little accent above a letter

https://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-code...-alt-codes.php
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player