Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for new classes

Natornique
12.26.2017 , 04:27 AM | #1
I was thinking about how the Devs could introduce a new set of classes to the game, and while on my way to Voss on my Smuggler, it occurred to me that not only are the Voss a species I've heard people have been wanting as a player species, but the Smuggler, depending on how it's played, should technically be a neutral party.

So instead of limiting players to a black and white Republic/Empire alliance, why not introduce a set of Neutral classes? The Smuggler wouldn't necessarily be a part of this set, but there could be an equivalent class. This could also open the door for other kinds of Force users who haven't allied with either side, like the Revanites, and the Jedi in Ashara's companion story line who broke off from the main sect.

It would also be a great way of introducing traditionally neutral species like the Voss, who really couldn't care less which superpower wins the war. I'm sure there are other species out there like the Voss, but I'm not sure of them.

And the story lines could be very interesting, with travel to both sides of the line, or even sticking to the middle with whole new areas. It could potentially be a major expansion on the game. I honestly just randomly thought of this idea, but the more I think on it, the more I kinda love the potential it has.

SteveTheCynic
12.26.2017 , 11:44 AM | #2
The Voss are a non-starter for Empire and Republic characters because of the amount of in-game dialogue that would need to be revisited (or left to be gibberish). Consider: someone says you have to go to this weird planet that almost nobody's ever heard of ("Hey! Whose planet are you calling weird anyway? I'm *FROM* there!") and while you are there everyone tells you over and over that you aren't Voss ("Hey, what are you, blind or something? Open your eyes and look at me! I'm just as Voss as you!") or that outsiders aren't allowed to go there or do that ("Yes, I know, but I'm not an outsider.")

They are also too tall AND too skinny compared to all the other species. And they have that weird voice effect going, and I don't exactly trust the game to get it right 100% of the time.

Shame, really, as I'd love to play one of those blue-and-red Voss women.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Natornique
12.26.2017 , 05:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The Voss are a non-starter for Empire and Republic characters because of the amount of in-game dialogue that would need to be revisited (or left to be gibberish). Consider: someone says you have to go to this weird planet that almost nobody's ever heard of ("Hey! Whose planet are you calling weird anyway? I'm *FROM* there!") and while you are there everyone tells you over and over that you aren't Voss ("Hey, what are you, blind or something? Open your eyes and look at me! I'm just as Voss as you!") or that outsiders aren't allowed to go there or do that ("Yes, I know, but I'm not an outsider.")

They are also too tall AND too skinny compared to all the other species. And they have that weird voice effect going, and I don't exactly trust the game to get it right 100% of the time.

Shame, really, as I'd love to play one of those blue-and-red Voss women.
That's why I'm suggesting a Neutral alliance. The Voss don't care who's in charge, they just follow the Mystics' word. It would be a huge undertaking to make story lines for neutral characters and species. And honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to change the Voss' attitude towards a fellow Voss. There are many times a character interaction is different because the PC is a Pure Sith, so we know they can do it.

Like I said, this sort of thing would be a HUGE undertaking, maybe even its own expansion.