Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling need on boss loot for companions

Tectonics
12.30.2011 , 01:00 PM | #21
I can get away with it because Dr Lokin (ie my healing companion) is medium armor and cunning, IE exact same as me, so i can just roll for myself and give to companion on the sly.

But no in seriousness whenever im in a flashpoint group if im the only IA anyway then all the cunning medium armor stuff comes my way regardless, so i never have to consider companion loot, and if there are others that can use cunning in my group (other IA's) then we work something out between us.

eloco
12.30.2011 , 01:01 PM | #22
I think we all agree that a 'Need for Companion' button, with priority bellow Need and above greed, would fix this whole situation.
January/4/2011 Leader of the 'Useless elevator outside D7 Flashpoint entrance Fanclub'.

Tectonics
12.30.2011 , 01:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by eloco View Post
I think we all agree that a 'Need for Companion' button, with priority bellow Need and above greed, would fix this whole situation.
This i agree with:

Need (main) > Companion need > Greed/Disassemble

HogtownDaddy
12.30.2011 , 01:22 PM | #24
It should also make equipment bind to you. Actually, all need rolls should automatically make any piece of equipment bound.

mogishu
12.30.2011 , 01:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HogtownDaddy View Post
Give me one AC where a companion is not needed. And if you are a tank and you aren't using your healer companion then you obviously don't know squat about how to play.
If your a tank using a healer companion your leveling far far slower then a tank using a DPS companion just saying....

Your opinion on what companions to use it is just that, your opinion. Don't go spouting it out as if its the bible of how to play or putting other players down because they are not doing what you do.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally." - Darth Maul

HarassMe
12.30.2011 , 01:52 PM | #26
i always ask... but then again, i'm usually playing with friends and we want our buddies companions to be as geared out as ours.

Mantang
12.30.2011 , 02:00 PM | #27
I don't understand why you would need anything for your companion to begin with. Almost every single planet rewards you with a near complete set of armor for your companion that is competitive gear for its level.....

HogtownDaddy
12.30.2011 , 02:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mogishu View Post
If your a tank using a healer companion your leveling far far slower then a tank using a DPS companion just saying....

Your opinion on what companions to use it is just that, your opinion. Don't go spouting it out as if its the bible of how to play or putting other players down because they are not doing what you do.
You're right, it is my opinion and I shouldn't have acted like it was fact. One thing is clear to me though from my time playing as a tank is that having my healer companion with me means less time having to do my ooc heal and I have a better chance of surviving a boss encounter. So to me it means more active playtime and less repairs. I guess I was frustrated because he was acting like Vette is SO important to a jugg, and he should be able to need roll all he wants to because in his opinion other AC's don't need their companions as much. Which is blatently false, there isn't one AC out there that is so OP that they don't need a companion with them to do SP quests.

Klogmonster
12.30.2011 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Klogmonster View Post
If they added another button for a companion roll, that would be alright. Except everyone would click that one, because everyone has 5 companions, so most likely they will want it too. And people will just say its for their companion when really they will sell it at the next medical droid. So, we wouldn't need another greed roll.

It's bad enough that we will assume when you need on something for offset, that you actually are building an offset and not just selling it like we all know you do. But we will not add an extra companion element to our false hopes of not being taken for granted.
A need for companion button would be equivalent to a greed button.

hiddenpuudji
12.30.2011 , 05:03 PM | #30
yeah this problem is annoying as hell. you know its coming on every PUG run...but therein lies the key...don't PUG. Friend the good people and try to run with them or guildies only. Only reasonable solution.
╟╣|||||||||φ╟╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Puudji - Sorc - Nadd's Sarcophagus