Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineer Armorings from GTN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineer Armorings from GTN?

Mark-JPS
12.26.2017 , 10:45 AM | #1
Just coming back from a 2 year hiatus.. just wondering if it's still possible to reverse engineer the high-end armorings from the GTN to get the schematic?

Thanks

_BigTed_
12.26.2017 , 01:03 PM | #2
As far as end game gear goes, you have to get the purple additions from the command crates. I.E. get a purple piece of eternal commander set gear, pull the armoring/mod/enhancement and RE that. Doesnít work if itís bought off gtn.

BenduKundalini
01.19.2018 , 04:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by _BigTed_ View Post
As far as end game gear goes, you have to get the purple additions from the command crates. I.E. get a purple piece of eternal commander set gear, pull the armoring/mod/enhancement and RE that. Doesnít work if itís bought off gtn.
Do watch out, they have to be taken out from a shell. Whenever moddings drop directly in a GC crate = no REing. Nope. Doesn't work with gold ones either.

AlrikFassbauer
01.20.2018 , 07:51 AM | #4
I try to use the gold ones anyway, because they look very valuable to me.
I just wish they were Legacy bound ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

SteveTheCynic
01.22.2018 , 03:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I try to use the gold ones anyway, because they look very valuable to me.
I just wish they were Legacy bound ...
Remove the mod-objects from the gear, put them in an appropriate(1) bound-to-legacy gear piece(2), send it to the other character. Doesn't help for ears, implants, and relics, of course.

(1) Set-bonus armorings can only be used in armour shells for the same slot (chest=>chest, not chest=>gloves), and main-hand barrels/hilts can only be used in main-hand-compatible weapons, for example.

(2) These are available, except for non-weapon offhands (focus, generator, shield), from various in-game sources. Non-weapon offhands are significantly harder to get hold of.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.