Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We can romance Arcann ...FROM WHEN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
We can romance Arcann ...FROM WHEN?

StupidWiz
12.26.2017 , 04:58 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
Even we men can like Arcann. I can't really say why others wouldn't like him but there are few reasons that I can think off:
First one that comes to mind that he will be actually first Force-sensitive male character available for romance, something that we haven't seen with other companions. Sure, some people have fantasized about Scourge, but it's not the same thing. Male characters have gotten female Padawans and apprentices to romance, now its turn for others to gain one male force-user to become a love interest.
Second one that I think is that Arcann is handsome, though this depends entirely from the player playing the game. I do think that he is a good looking person.
Third one, and thing what I personally like about him, his backstory and character. He and his siblings suffered horrendously at the hands of the Emperor, who, despite his new appearance as Valkorion, was in the end using his children as means to an end to achieve again something greater. Senya's attempt to save him and redeem him with her motherly love was one things that made me like her, as well as made me look at him and his family in whole new light.
This. He's a good looking man. Even before he's wearing that mask, along with his brother from the trailer... I guess? They're quite handsome. I just thought "Aww, he's evil and is gonna be killed eventually." but the second I knew I could save him I didn't think twice lol. I'm glad he's trying to redeem himself of his horrible crime to millions of innocent people. And yeah, it's not only women... come on, how bout us gay guys?
Currently active on Satele Shan server: Alenheim (Shadow)

... All I see is sky... for forever...

AstyanDelacroix
01.15.2018 , 02:36 PM | #82
-edited-

ceryxp
01.15.2018 , 03:10 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by AstyanDelacroix View Post
...Please tell me the below is someone's idea of a -good- joke?
Because the "Added with" line is giving me entirely too much hope. Which I'm loath to see crushed, considering we have already been given a date for that particular update.

URL removed
That would be data mined material which is a big no-no on these forums. You may want to remove that as posting or liking to data mined material can incur infractions and get threads closed or deleted.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Burana
02.04.2018 , 05:06 AM | #84
At some point of the romance arc he will also back stab you for no apparent reason, because it's Bioware's idea of a good story.

Eanelinea
02.05.2018 , 01:34 AM | #85
My main toons, which are 8 of them and female, romanced and kept the romance going with their original husbands. (Those we've gotten back so far). My two male characters are romancing Theron. I had my male sith pureblood agent dump Temple (the game thought I wanted to marry her just cause I was flirting with her) so he could stay with Theron.

On 11 people I've taken through Forged Alliances through SoR, through Ziost, KOTFE/KOTET, Iokath, Umbara and Copero, I let Arcann live along with Senya.

I don't mind being his buddy or partner in fighting, but I have zero interest in romancing him. Not because of looks or anything, but one he DID kill everyone under the sun, and two I DO like Arcann in some respects, but not enough to romance him. He just rubbed me wrong.

If others want to romance him, for whatever reason, have fun, but not I.

Now if something happens to Theron, which I hope won't happen because I truly believe he's just a double agent and I'm only mad at him for not letting me know *** he was planning, then either I'll romance Koth if I can, the next NPC to come along, or if I have to, maybe Arcann. But I perfer Theron to Arcann.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Eanelinea
02.05.2018 , 01:39 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Jesus Christ....

Why do women like Arcann?
I'm a woman, and I'm not atm pining for Arcann. I wouldn't mind seeing it on youtube, but I won't have any of mine romancing him any time soon. Maybe one of my pure evil toons if I take them through the entire arc from Forged Alliances to whenever Arcann is romanceable.

Speaking of, is Arcann going to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?

As much as I love the idea of someone for everyone, if they keep making new companions bisexual it'll annoy me because not everyone is bisexual. I mean if they do make Arcann bisexual, fine, but just not every single new companion.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Asmodesu
02.05.2018 , 02:13 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?
Confirmed for anyone to romance <3
If it was a single player game, and they didn't need to have resources for operations, PvP, GSF, flashpoints etc etc then I'd expect or rather prefer far more varied sexualities, but seeing as they need so much time and resources for those non-story/non-character things, and there's already very little personalised companion or progressing interaction for the current LI's, I'm glad all new ones have been open for everyone to romance. Wish it was different but I highly doubt companions are going to get enough developer love to justify it. Part of me thinks Arcann may be the last new romance added to the game, I hope not but then again there's already far too many LI's for the writers to give decent stuff
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Dracofish
02.05.2018 , 03:35 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
I'm a woman, and I'm not atm pining for Arcann. I wouldn't mind seeing it on youtube, but I won't have any of mine romancing him any time soon. Maybe one of my pure evil toons if I take them through the entire arc from Forged Alliances to whenever Arcann is romanceable.

Speaking of, is Arcann going to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?

As much as I love the idea of someone for everyone, if they keep making new companions bisexual it'll annoy me because not everyone is bisexual. I mean if they do make Arcann bisexual, fine, but just not every single new companion.
I can see both sides to it. I do love developed characters to the point where they have actual known preferences (whatever those happen to be), such as those that are written into the characters of other BioWare games (DA:I is the one that comes to mind the most). Though, that does cause issues around representation and fairness...and BioWare has yet to release a game with fully developed romances and equal representation for all.

In addition, as was already stated, resources are limited much more with this game. It's just easier to leave it open for everybody, not to mention more fair. Preference doesn't really come into play (at all) in the new companion stories (Lana/Theron/Koth), so it's really "playersexual" more than anything to me.

Now, before anybody bites my *** off, I say "playersexual" because it's not brought up at all...not like with other developed BioWare romances that actually mention bisexuality, such as with Zevran, Leliana, and Iron Bull. The romances here are essentially the same, carbon copies, regardless of gender, which is what they did with DA:2, if I remember correctly, and with DA:2 they came out and used the term "playersexual".

I would imagine that sort of thing would eventually come up in a relationship...coming from someone who has a bisexual husband. It doesn't define what we have. It doesn't even come up every day. But it's there. I know what guys on Vikings light his fire (it's Athelstan)...just like he knows what ones float my boat (it's Rollo). It's just...there.

Vikings Spoiler
Spoiler

"But maybe they just don't talk about it...to anyone." Okay, I'll concede that one...but I would hope my hubs would kick my *** far out of left field and out the stadium if he thought for an instant that he couldn't talk about that stuff with me. I think it was about a year in before I knew...maybe a year and a half...and I'm still the only person in his life who really knows. So yeah, he's not really open about it either. I dunno. Maybe we're an exception I guess.

Will I be writing Theron as bisexual in my fanfic? Yup. Lana? Yup. Do I think of these characters as bisexual? Yes. But, I still go with the term "playersexual" for these sorts of "one size fits all" romances.

Sorry for my rambling...
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

notanjelika
02.06.2018 , 04:47 PM | #89
Yet another boring an awkward romance option ..like we didnt had enough already.. What do you find so attractive at a guy with half burned face? A guy who's also a murderer? I hope to God this Arcann romance is a joke.
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

casirabit
02.06.2018 , 06:00 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Yet another boring an awkward romance option ..like we didnt had enough already.. What do you find so attractive at a guy with half burned face? A guy who's also a murderer? I hope to God this Arcann romance is a joke.
While I have no interest in romancing Arcann, I have no problems with some romancing him. What someone finds attractive, I might not but I am also not the type to make a big deal about it if they do add him as a romance option. There really isn't enough because a lot of the ones they have I have never had any interest in romancing. My agent never romanced Vector as she found Sagaru more interesting.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj