Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoilers* Will Lana Become Unhinged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
*Spoilers* Will Lana Become Unhinged?

Jesseriah
12.24.2017 , 05:50 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Does it suck? Yes. But we have to be realistic in understanding that the more characters that are involved, the more $$$ it costs in voice-work and writing.
Exactly what EA should do if they would really care about their game/playerbase. What do we get instead? The "low-budget-way" of 2 "main-romances" as you call them. Im not talking about having 6 active romances developed but NOT the 2 damn same characters 4 expansions long. You cant tell me you like that.
In my opinion EA is just to lazy to put money and efford in THEIR game. Well, everyone knows the only thing EA cares about is making the most money the easiest way.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Charaktertransfer and more!

Dracofish
12.24.2017 , 06:27 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseriah View Post
Exactly what EA should do if they would really care about their game/playerbase. What do we get instead? The "low-budget-way" of 2 "main-romances" as you call them. Im not talking about having 6 active romances developed but NOT the 2 damn same characters 4 expansions long. You cant tell me you like that.
In my opinion EA is just to lazy to put money and efford in THEIR game. Well, everyone knows the only thing EA cares about is making the most money the easiest way.
I already have my main character romancing both Theron and Andronikos (in my head obviously). Why would I need even more?

Mass Effect carried through the same main romances with three games (with Garrus going from bestie to romance in ME2). People tend to get attached to the characters they romance...throwing a new one in with each expansion lessens their impact and then you just wind up with ones you never see again (such as the ones from RotHC).
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

IoNonSoEVero
12.25.2017 , 08:36 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I already have my main character romancing both Theron and Andronikos (in my head obviously). Why would I need even more?

Mass Effect carried through the same main romances with three games (with Garrus going from bestie to romance in ME2). People tend to get attached to the characters they romance...throwing a new one in with each expansion lessens their impact and then you just wind up with ones you never see again (such as the ones from RotHC).
It's a tricky situation, to be sure, but yes, I would rather see less love interests with greater impact than a huge cast of companions, like the ones from the Alliance Alerts that we rescue and then never interact with again. In the class stories everyone had their core of five, you added in Lana and Theron for SoR, and that was still feasible, but adding all the companions from all the class stories, plus new people, has led to a lot of disappointments about things.

As much as I like being able to work with different companions who are not in my class story, like T7-01, it might have been better if they'd been able to have different routes in KOTFE where you just rescued your own companions and maybe one or two more.

Focusing on a core of, say, six romanceable characters (three of each gender, playersexual because yes, otherwise there's drama and SWTOR can't be modded) adds up to 18 v/o artists between the three languages but seems much more reasonable. And having a core cast of quest givers also becomes more understandable. No, not everyone is going to like the quest givers, and there will always be people complaining that this or that character is 'pushed' on them, but it is what it is. If our romance is the quest giver great, if not we still have to work with them (ask me how I felt about having to talk to Darth Baras or deal with Kaliyo so much in the class stories...yep...).

IMHO the best things they could do would be what has been discussed before:
1. Give a choice between two sets of quest givers/core team, which would at least give an option for those who hate one or another quest giver. I think the way they handled KOTET 8 and 9, where you could essentially shape your endgame by choosing your strike team, was best.
2. Carve the romances out into additional chapters as content outside the main story, whether that ends up being a cartel market thing or not.

theinjuredtroop
12.25.2017 , 09:15 PM | #44
I hope that she does become unhinged, then we have to choose between the two killing one and making the other one irrelevant. We move on from these two and then the next expansion is "SWTOR - The Adventures of Gault Rennow and the Outlander" where we hang out with Gault and get up to all sorts of shenanigans.
My referral link for goodies >>> http://www.swtor.com/r/xcDS3B

BellumEstBellum
01.12.2018 , 04:06 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by theinjuredtroop View Post
I hope that she does become unhinged, then we have to choose between the two killing one and making the other one irrelevant. We move on from these two and then the next expansion is "SWTOR - The Adventures of Gault Rennow and the Outlander" where we hang out with Gault and get up to all sorts of shenanigans.
I believe that was the Bounty Hunter Story line...