Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How are there so many sith left?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How are there so many sith left?

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
11.17.2017 , 07:49 AM | #1
So the uprisings showed me something there so many sith left. 2 or 3 of them we have to kill rogue sith lords and they have armies of apprentices.
So look after 2 great galactic wars, in which 2 times Korriban their base of operation for the order was raided once by the republic once by the eternal empire you will think there an dying breed but no there still very much huge in numbers how is that possible?
Do they not need to be trained do recruits are just given an weapon and are made sith and that is all?
Should there not be less of them?

Sidarna's Avatar


Sidarna
11.17.2017 , 08:18 AM | #2
1. They're based off Dromund Kass and Ziost (the latter until stuff happens), Korriband has been a Tomb World ever since the Sith nuked themselves into oblivion. Even during the Great Hyperspace War, the capital of the 1st Sith Empire was Ziost. Korriband is a holy world (like Tython) but has no political meaning, the DC isn't even based there.

2. The Sith WERE devastated by the wars. After the 1st war, the Sith were giving ANYONE with an iota of Force sensitivity, slaves included, training to get their numbers back up.

kepeskvaeri's Avatar


kepeskvaeri
11.17.2017 , 08:21 AM | #3
Plot mostly and then we got fact that the sith race is pretty much a 90% force-senstive and they look at it as their duty to keep their bloodline living. So in other words other than all the other recruits that they have gathered since their reemergence they also has continously breed forth force-sensetive children to be trained.

But as they are now they have to be on the end of the rope since as you said they aare getting killed left and right ecen though they probably retain a sizeble population and if do not get some room to procreate (as weird as it sounds) soon enough will not have a viable gene pool.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
11.17.2017 , 10:14 AM | #4
After the great galactic war ended the Sith Emperor made it mandatory for any force-sensitive within the Empire to be trained in the ways of the Sith, or die trying, or be killed. I remember there was a side-quest in Balmorra where you have to hunt down some force-sensitives from the Empire trying to run away from the Sith Academy, either because they were too old or too weak or something along those lines, makes me wonder how many people run away from Sith training.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
11.17.2017 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidarna View Post
1. They're based off Dromund Kass and Ziost (the latter until stuff happens), Korriband has been a Tomb World ever since the Sith nuked themselves into oblivion. Even during the Great Hyperspace War, the capital of the 1st Sith Empire was Ziost. Korriband is a holy world (like Tython) but has no political meaning, the DC isn't even based there.

2. The Sith WERE devastated by the wars. After the 1st war, the Sith were giving ANYONE with an iota of Force sensitivity, slaves included, training to get their numbers back up.
I meant more like the home base for the sith order not the sith empire. You know where they train and stay n lot of time.

Celise's Avatar


Celise
11.17.2017 , 11:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
So the uprisings showed me something there so many sith left. 2 or 3 of them we have to kill rogue sith lords and they have armies of apprentices.
So look after 2 great galactic wars, in which 2 times Korriban their base of operation for the order was raided once by the republic once by the eternal empire you will think there an dying breed but no there still very much huge in numbers how is that possible?
Do they not need to be trained do recruits are just given an weapon and are made sith and that is all?
Should there not be less of them?
When your character joined the Academy on Korriban the Sith were openly recruiting alien slaves into the order, that should already tell you that the Sith needed numbers and as many Sith as possible and even after taking signifcant losses, i doubt much has changed after the EE were removed from the core worlds by the Alliance.

True the rate of attrition has been tough one for the Sith over the last 75 years, the loss of Vindican, Malgus, Marr, Acina, most of the dark council over that time and signifcantly a good number of them lost on Corellia as well. There will always be powerful Sith to take up the mantle of leadership and power. It's unknown who leads the Sith Empire at this point but it's presumed Darth Vowrawn could of taken over and there could be even more Sith being trained offworld or on Korriban in other places around the planet rather than the dusty remains of the academy grounds.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
11.17.2017 , 05:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
When your character joined the Academy on Korriban the Sith were openly recruiting alien slaves into the order, that should already tell you that the Sith needed numbers and as many Sith as possible and even after taking signifcant losses, i doubt much has changed after the EE were removed from the core worlds by the Alliance.

True the rate of attrition has been tough one for the Sith over the last 75 years, the loss of Vindican, Malgus, Marr, Acina, most of the dark council over that time and signifcantly a good number of them lost on Corellia as well. There will always be powerful Sith to take up the mantle of leadership and power. It's unknown who leads the Sith Empire at this point but it's presumed Darth Vowrawn could of taken over and there could be even more Sith being trained offworld or on Korriban in other places around the planet rather than the dusty remains of the academy grounds.
Yeah not about Corelia and the other issues but about the raids on Korriban you see first they kill most trainees there and teachers then the Eternal Empire came back and finished what was left.
So basically who is left to train the new apprentices? Its not like you can learn to swing an lightsaber without training right?

Celise's Avatar


Celise
11.17.2017 , 05:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Yeah not about Corelia and the other issues but about the raids on Korriban you see first they kill most trainees there and teachers then the Eternal Empire came back and finished what was left.
So basically who is left to train the new apprentices? Its not like you can learn to swing an lightsaber without training right?
New overseers won't be hard to come by when Sith learn quickly to kill or be killed. The big issue is the massive power vacuum that was left after a number of dark council members were slain on Corellia, Marr and then Acina. Predictably power plays and betrayals are a very common sight in Sith politics without their great powerful leaders. Losing those Darths are a big concern, more than losing a lot of overseers that can be replaced quickly.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.24.2017 , 12:26 PM | #9
Korriban isn't the only Academy around. In the Revan novel you can read that Lord Scourge trained at the Dromund Kaas Sith Academy as prior to the conquering of Korriban in the Great Galactic War there was no Korriban to train. All of it was done on Dromund Kaas and the Academy wasn't removed after the academy on Korriban was established. Also, the Sith were very widespread across the Empire, Lords and Darths founded their own schools of Force Sensitives. It was not a necessity to be trained on Korriban, it was a privilege and honour, but not a given. The only mandate was that any Force Sensitive should be trained in the ways of the Sith and the Dark Side, but where they receive training isn't specified and doesn't matter, as long as a Sith trains them and they pass their Trials. Many powerbases trained their own Acolytes and Apprentices without them ever setting a foot on Korriban. It's why you see for example npc's named "Skotia Acolyte" around or another's Darth name.

It is also how Sith training works within RP guilds that portray themselves as the powerbase of a Dark Lord. They trained newly discovered Force Sensitives on their flagships or headquarters in Acolyte programs their Sith Overseers oversee and maintain. Many of them don't even come near Korriban and don't even hold the Trials there but in different places. As I said, it was not a necessity for a Sith to train on Korriban, it was an honour and privilege but not a certainty.
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!