Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Craft Fears with Lv. 70 Gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Craft Fears with Lv. 70 Gear

Bookworm_Jedi
11.30.2017 , 10:14 PM | #1
Since my warrior nearly has a complete set of T1 gear at least, I began to worry about my crafting options. I was going to make my newest sorc a synthweaver, but is it worth it?

We can lv to 70 easily with heroics/class missions now so is there any need for player crafted gear? The 70 tier gear seems to be powerful enough with a syth's auguments, and someone who does biochem or artifice doesn't need to make relics or earpieces anymore. Just wait until 70.

NHBabe
12.01.2017 , 04:13 AM | #2
I have so many alts that I have at least 2 of each crafter, and actually 4 of Biochem. However, I'd suggest you take Biochem for your next character as then you can use the new Stim/Medpac/Adrenals that are not single use. You can also make those items, single or not single use, and sell them on the GTN. It won't make you a millionaire overnight, but the items needed are easy to farm and you can make dark/light side choices in the story and then use the Diplomacy to keep whatever light/dark side level you want while also getting the rest of the supplies you need. To me that alone is a win/win.

I have a few characters I like to keep at Dark or Light V but don't want to be forced into making a decision I normally wouldn't make just to keep it. This way I can go Light, or Dark, in the story and if it moves me down a level, I just send my companions out on some Diplomacy missions to get it back.
"You're already dead. Just lie down." HK-51

"Die horribly!" HK-55

Morticoccus
12.01.2017 , 05:14 AM | #3
Synth also makes some of the most desired augs.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

psandak
12.01.2017 , 07:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
Since my warrior nearly has a complete set of T1 gear at least, I began to worry about my crafting options. I was going to make my newest sorc a synthweaver, but is it worth it?

We can lv to 70 easily with heroics/class missions now so is there any need for player crafted gear? The 70 tier gear seems to be powerful enough with a syth's auguments, and someone who does biochem or artifice doesn't need to make relics or earpieces anymore. Just wait until 70.
Crafted gear for leveling is better than anything you can get elsewhere. When a player - like myself - plays to "enjoy the journey" (AKA playing through the story; not in a rush to get to 70; I have enough level 70 characters already ), and that character is typically level appropriate for the planet they are on (level sync not capping stats), then crafted gear is worth it.

However, if one participated in the DvL event in the summer of 2016 and got the XP boost armor set, and/or uses the XP boosts rewarded to the character as mission rewards, and/or chooses to do any planetary story arcs or heroics or "exploration missions" then more often than not the level sync kicks in and any benefit from better stats on gear is muted (not negated because only endurance, mastery and power are capped; secondary stats are not).

Synthweaving does craft the two most desirable augments: critical and alacrity...to a point; the new augments got shuffled around because Armstech "lost" two of its three (there is no 236 overkill or fortitude), so Synth only crafts critical 236 not alacrity 236 (Synth has "redoubt" 236 as well)
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Helmutmengele
12.18.2017 , 09:21 PM | #5
I agree with biochem: you get really used to having high end stims and medpacks. Plus any excess you can give to friends or sell.