Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the most profitable Crew Skills currently in game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What are the most profitable Crew Skills currently in game?

AlysiumXI
01.20.2017 , 08:57 AM | #1
The title says it.
What are the most profitable crafting and collecting skill combinations in the game as of 2017?

psandak
01.20.2017 , 10:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AlysiumXI View Post
The title says it.
What are the most profitable crafting and collecting skill combinations in the game as of 2017?
Was and still is Artifice (although players seem to be catching on to this more and more so competition is higher)
Cybertech and Synthweaving are close behind
Then Biochem and Armstech
Armormech lags behind the rest

Art requires arch, TH, and slicing
CT requires scav, UWT, and slicing
SW requires arch, UWT, and slicing
BC requires BA and Dip
AT requires Scav, Investigation, and slicing
AM requires scav, UWT, and slicing

Selling materials is easier profits, but not more profits.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

dr_mike
01.20.2017 , 11:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AlysiumXI View Post
The title says it.
In all honesty, folks are not going to tell you because it just sets them up for more competition. One of the reasons why folks will tell you Slicing is the biggest money maker. It's a generic response that gets you away from where they're really making money.

The easiest way to make money though is for you to get the gathering skills (ie Scavaging, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging.), stop and mine all of the nodes as you level, and sell the goods on the GTN every so often.

One more thing. Do remember that most new players are stuck with the lowest level of these material. Advanced players are dealing with the highest levels of these materials. There's a lots of numbers on a scale of one to ten that aren't one or nine or ten. Think about that for a second.

Good luck
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

AlysiumXI
01.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
In all honesty, folks are not going to tell you because it just sets them up for more competition. One of the reasons why folks will tell you Slicing is the biggest money maker. It's a generic response that gets you away from where they're really making money.

The easiest way to make money though is for you to get the gathering skills (ie Scavaging, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging.), stop and mine all of the nodes as you level, and sell the goods on the GTN every so often.

One more thing. Do remember that most new players are stuck with the lowest level of these material. Advanced players are dealing with the highest levels of these materials. There's a lots of numbers on a scale of one to ten that aren't one or nine or ten. Think about that for a second.

Good luck
That's fair and smart. Thank you

AlysiumXI
01.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Was and still is Artifice (although players seem to be catching on to this more and more so competition is higher)

BC requires BA and Dip

Thanks for the detailed answer

zethraa
12.15.2017 , 02:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

BC requires BA and Dip

Hey all,
I just got back to swtor after a year away. Need to make me some creds..XD

With the server mergers and new patches,
Is the quoted statement by ď psandak ď still true ?

( yes I know folks wonít give away their secrets, but Iím hoping someone super-rich who doesnít
care about competition may offer a few tips )

Thanks in advance
SW MMO fan since SWG...hope this will last !!

psandak
12.15.2017 , 06:28 PM | #7
Yes it is still true.

Artifice is far and away the most profitable crafting skill by virtue of its diversity and that most of what it crafts is more cosmetic that stat based (i.e. grade 1 materials crafted blue color crystals are ALWAYS in demand).

In my cadre of crafters, synthweaving and cybertech still dominate the second tier, but every so often biochem or armstech take second place (to artifice). armormech still lags behind the rest but occasionally bursts (when for whatever reason there's a rush on tank augments).
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
12.18.2017 , 02:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by zethraa View Post
( yes I know folks wonít give away their secrets, but Iím hoping someone super-rich who doesnít
care about competition may offer a few tips )
You'd be surprised how little secret there is. Crafting and GTN in this game is basic economics. The only difference is that instead of customers you have space barbies.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs