Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Tank For A Beginner

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which Tank For A Beginner

FugitiveFriend
12.15.2017 , 09:02 PM | #1
Returning player looking to play a beginner friendly tank for mostly pve content

TalonVII
12.16.2017 , 10:56 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by FugitiveFriend View Post
Returning player looking to play a beginner friendly tank for mostly pve content
Jedi knight or Sith Juggernaut. Two easiest IMHO.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

KendraP
12.16.2017 , 02:17 PM | #3
It depends on what you're looking for. I'm a guardian tank main, who has some degree of competency in all the tank classes.

For rotation, VG/PT is probably the easiest, but also the squshiest. Especially considering the amount of spike damage in the game now, the greater passive defenses are not as useful as properly used DCDs.

Guardian/juggie is in a good place now. We have a plethora of DCDs at our disposal and aggro generation isn't bad. Some people apparently have aggro issues here but I never really have.

Shadow/assassin requires the most buff micromanagement but I'm return, properly played, has the least amount of damage taken and the highest ability to cheese mechanics. Even if actively taking damage, with utility points force speed becomes a powerful DCD with a rather short CD.

So it comes down to playstyle really. Vg is the "semi-ranged/tech" tank (although they sort of took the range away). Shadow is the dodge/absorb tank. Guardian is the in your face / take a beating class. Note this last is just my "feel" but it isn't a bad idea of what they do.