Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ne'laa's PvP guide to SW:TOR - Including Yavin Ruins!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
12.13.2017 , 02:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurj View Post
But how can you tell what the cause of death was from the death announcements, unless you or someone else saw it/reported it? I'm thinking of a situation where you have someone die on the other side of the map while the explosion is going off. How do you know if they got killed by the explosion vs the enemy?
Either you're there and see it for yourself, or, in the case when there are 2-3 deaths pop up in quick succession when there's an explosion, it's safe to assume.

In any case, if there are any deaths at all in your group from explosions, and it would not count towards the score, you'd see it, as in the next round the enemy score wouldn't match your death count.

I'll record and check it tonight anyway, I'm curious now.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.13.2017 , 03:02 PM | #22
It should be visible at all times, for 1 pylon ahead of current.
So people can see what they would score if they got a pylon, or to see what they would score if they got both pylons when they already have one.

This could drastically improve decisionmaking on people in general as they will now be able to see the effect of kills directly even when they don't have a pylon. Might even get rid of people spamming orbs mindlessly.

It sure as hell will for people like me. I can't be bothered to act a calculator all game but knowing the ups and downs of going offensive can make or break a game.

I mean, how hard could this really be to put in the game?
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
12.13.2017 , 03:23 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Stuck! Great work .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
12.13.2017 , 04:13 PM | #24
You should check out some things though ! For example when you say that Chaff Flare does not grant an immunity against Force/Tech attack for I.O. Mercenary it's not true. It increase both your chances to resist to F/T attacks as well as M/R attacks. It's exactly the same as for Sonic Missile for Advanced Prototype (Powertech) or the passive on Explosive Fuel for Shield Specialist (Also Powertech) ! I agree though, it's badly explained and should be made more clear

Great work though, a lot of fun to read
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
12.13.2017 , 04:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Hi,

I can help fill in the types for debuff types on CCs.

Force Choke = F
Back Hand = F
Debilitate = P
Electrocute = F
Maim = P
Electro Dart = T
Carbonize = N/A (no type; not cleanable)
Hello,

Do you mean the Dispel Type column in the table of CCs? The reason why these were left out is because hardstuns, to my best knowledge, cannot be cleansed.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
12.13.2017 , 04:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
You should check out some things though ! For example when you say that Chaff Flare does not grant an immunity against Force/Tech attack for I.O. Mercenary it's not true. It increase both your chances to resist to F/T attacks as well as M/R attacks. It's exactly the same as for Sonic Missile for Advanced Prototype (Powertech) or the passive on Explosive Fuel for Shield Specialist (Also Powertech) ! I agree though, it's badly explained and should be made more clear

Great work though, a lot of fun to read
I gotta admit, I went by the tooltip description, which says defense chance. But it apparently increases resistance too.

I'll do my best to fix it, thanks for the notice.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
12.13.2017 , 04:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
Hello,

Do you mean the Dispel Type column in the table of CCs? The reason why these were left out is because hardstuns, to my best knowledge, cannot be cleansed.
Just like mezzes, roots, slows and miscellaneous debuffs, hardstuns as well can be cleansed.

Edited: The any cc or debuff with a "type" attached to it should always be cleansable. Hence why, abilities such as carbonize which does not have a "type" associated with the cannot be cleansed.

Some CCs/debuffs sometimes look like they cannot be cleansed because cleanses have no priority system so you might cleanse 2 debuffs when you wanted to cleanse a hardstun etc. MAYBE in a future patch we can get this fixed.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Kurj's Avatar


Kurj
12.13.2017 , 04:43 PM | #28
I just wanted to say again: thank you for putting this up. We have needed something like this for a long time, and now more than ever with all the new players who seem to be giving PVP a try. Three cheers!
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
12.13.2017 , 04:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Just like mezzes, roots, slows and miscellaneous debuffs, hardstuns as well can be cleansed.

Edited: The any cc or debuff with a "type" attached to it should always be cleansable. Hence why, abilities such as carbonize which does not have a "type" associated with the cannot be cleansed.

Some CCs/debuffs sometimes look like they cannot be cleansed because cleanses have no priority system so you might cleanse 2 debuffs when you wanted to cleanse a hardstun etc. MAYBE in a future patch we can get this fixed.
Yes, sadly the "cleanse removes two random things" is beyond annoying. You want to clear a mez and it just takes some slows away.

As for the hardstuns, I always thought they were uncleansable. (Not sure where I got this from.) I'll look into this.

Thanks for the note, appreciated.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
12.13.2017 , 04:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
Yes, sadly the "cleanse removes two random things" is beyond annoying. You want to clear a mez and it just takes some slows away.

As for the hardstuns, I always thought they were uncleansable. (Not sure where I got this from.) I'll look into this.

Thanks for the note, appreciated.
Trust me imagine being in a ranked pvp match and your tank gets mezzed, you instantly cleanse your tank and he is still in mez (cleansed a debuff and a slow). It's extremely annoying; I really, really hope they fix this. I actually sent one of the devs a PM about it, asking if we could possibility having a priority system in place for cleanse. At least I planted a seed lol.

No problem. Thank you again for your guide.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur