Life Day 2017?

PorsaLindahl

To be fair, it does not mention Rakghoul event, but isn't that supposed to start tomorrow, also?

Usually they do not mention rotation events. Yearly events, another story.

Here's sample patch note from last year 2016:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12132016/game-update-5.0.1-patch-notes

Last year it started on Dec 13. So they have 2 more days and hoping it was a clear oversight from their part. It has been a 2017 clear OVERSIGHT year for SWTOR communication.:)

Edited by Christie_Swift

Usually they do not mention rotation events. Yearly events, another story.

Here's sample patch note from last year 2016:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12132016/game-update-5.0.1-patch-notes

Last year it started on Dec 13. So they have 2 more days and hoping it was a clear oversight from their part. It has been a 2017 clear OVERSIGHT year for SWTOR communication.:)

Yeah, the routine events are too frequent to mention! Life day is special!!❤

Where does it say this? I haven't seen anything official about it.

It was mentioned back on the road map:

Anniversary Celebration – Game Update 5.6.1 – December 12, 2017

Quality of Life changes

Star Wars: The Old Republic Six Year Anniversary Celebration!

Wookiee Life Day Celebration begins

Yes Yes. it was mentioned on the Roadmap, but obviously they are not looking forward to either Life Day or the 6th Anniversary as many of us are. Details....unless...of course, that has to be it....its like a present to be opened on Life Day. exciting. so giddy now. I wonder what Sa..er, Eric has bought us this year!!???

Quality of Life changes

Thanks... I knew I saw it somewhere!

• Dev Post
When will the Life Day event start? Or is it being overlooked this year?

Lifeday will begin tomorrow! Also, the 6 year anniversary vendor will go live as well tomorrow with some new stuff. All of that info will get updated tomorrow on the in-game events page (plus I believe a standalone blog on the 6 yr anniversary).

Thanks everyone! Lord Ptach did not mean to cause panic by not mentioning it in the notes.

-eric

Lifeday will begin tomorrow! Also, the 6 year anniversary vendor will go live as well tomorrow with some new stuff. All of that info will get updated tomorrow on the in-game events page (plus I believe a standalone blog on the 6 yr anniversary).

Thanks everyone! Lord Ptach did not mean to cause panic by not mentioning it in the notes.

-eric

Evil Lord Ptach! Thank you Eric. ♥

Quality of Life changes

Thanks for that.

-eric

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

-eric

Hoping for new vendor to have a decent armor set... Once in a blue moon we could get something nice from in-game rewards. :l

-eric

Question for you, or Keith. I just noticed that the Festive Life Day Robes from the 2015 Life Day event are in the CM. Which I am glad for, since I missed out on them in '15 (Was not the best Life Day for me.) I was wondering, if any of the other past Life Day items (like the Winter Warrior Title, Snowstorm Assault Speeder, Snowball Cannon, and the four stronghold decos) Also show up, since I missed out on those as well? I'd rather buy them from the CM, than spend way too many credits on the GTN for them.

All of that info will get updated tomorrow on the in-game events page (plus I believe a standalone blog on the 6 yr anniversary).

-eric

Will the blog be an honest account of how this has been the worst year for SWTOR yet or just look to put spin on it trying to ignore and obfuscate the issues facing the game, giving no hope that things will improve as the issues aren't even acknowledged.

Will you acknowledge that this year the story has been relgated to unsuccessfully chasing a 'traitor' across planets which was utterly pointless as once his master plan is complete he was going to come to us anyway, making our only accomplishment being, too useless to capture him and then wait like a **** for him to save the day?

That server mergers have shown how small the player base has become, even being free there isn't enough to keep people interested and login in. This in the midst of multiple Star Wars Movies and no other star wars MMO, while the big Star Wars game release receiving incredibly negative publicity with predatory sales practices. Though I guess best to ignore the issues with the west coast server becoming a second east coast server with little notice.

While the Class Balance did little to make the combat feel dynamic or responsive, rather just reduced all dps to a target figure in some attempt to standardize all DPS rather than making them have unique play styles with varying mixes of dps, healing, utility and tanking characteristics within the build to make them varied and superior in various situations.

While the 'traditional' MMO content, has been minimal and more akin to Co-op experiences where the entire end game experience is the fleet which is relegated to a lobby where you wait on a group and various 8 or 16 person instanced areas. Where you could easily forget this is a massive multiplayer experience as so little occurs in the open world enviroment and even less seems to have any permanency where everything lasts about as long as the instance.

While in an entire year 3 companions have been returned, supposedly the team knows how important companions are to the players and yet has made the most minimal of effort in returning them. And of those 3 that have been returned 2 had Cameo roles and the 3rd had nothing to say or do in the flashpoint and the role could have been undertaken by anyone.

And in lieu of an expansion, it seems cosmetic direct sales for the price of an entire new game seems to be the way forward. With it appearing that most the new content was produced prior to 2017 and now thats gone there really will be even less in 2018.

Or will it be, What an Amazing year 2017 has been, a story to unmask a traitor and hunt him across 2 flashpoints, the wealth of new content including 3 whole Op bosses with 2 more sometime in 2018. While class balancing and GSF have renewed interest in the game and the Server mergers went off so well that they can't wait to do it all over again and merge the existing servers into one server. Oh and many QoL improvements such as a legacy escrow system and unaccembled components requiring only 150 boxes to get enough components to get one piece of gear!

Will the blog be an honest account of how this has been the worst year for SWTOR yet or just look to put spin on it trying to ignore and obfuscate the issues facing the game, giving no hope that things will improve as the issues aren't even acknowledged.

Will you acknowledge that this year the story has been relgated to unsuccessfully chasing a 'traitor' across planets which was utterly pointless as once his master plan is complete he was going to come to us anyway, making our only accomplishment being, too useless to capture him and then wait like a **** for him to save the day?

That server mergers have shown how small the player base has become, even being free there isn't enough to keep people interested and login in. This in the midst of multiple Star Wars Movies and no other star wars MMO, while the big Star Wars game release receiving incredibly negative publicity with predatory sales practices. Though I guess best to ignore the issues with the west coast server becoming a second east coast server with little notice.

While the Class Balance did little to make the combat feel dynamic or responsive, rather just reduced all dps to a target figure in some attempt to standardize all DPS rather than making them have unique play styles with varying mixes of dps, healing, utility and tanking characteristics within the build to make them varied and superior in various situations.

While the 'traditional' MMO content, has been minimal and more akin to Co-op experiences where the entire end game experience is the fleet which is relegated to a lobby where you wait on a group and various 8 or 16 person instanced areas. Where you could easily forget this is a massive multiplayer experience as so little occurs in the open world enviroment and even less seems to have any permanency where everything lasts about as long as the instance.

While in an entire year 3 companions have been returned, supposedly the team knows how important companions are to the players and yet has made the most minimal of effort in returning them. And of those 3 that have been returned 2 had Cameo roles and the 3rd had nothing to say or do in the flashpoint and the role could have been undertaken by anyone.

And in lieu of an expansion, it seems cosmetic direct sales for the price of an entire new game seems to be the way forward. With it appearing that most the new content was produced prior to 2017 and now thats gone there really will be even less in 2018.

Or will it be, What an Amazing year 2017 has been, a story to unmask a traitor and hunt him across 2 flashpoints, the wealth of new content including 3 whole Op bosses with 2 more sometime in 2018. While class balancing and GSF have renewed interest in the game and the Server mergers went off so well that they can't wait to do it all over again and merge the existing servers into one server. Oh and many QoL improvements such as a legacy escrow system and unaccembled components requiring only 150 boxes to get enough components to get one piece of gear!

You can has cookie.