Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So about PvP hacking...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrooperRCH
12.11.2017 , 10:25 AM | #1
Voidstar is especially bad with people getting through the barrier before a match begins, and heading to the doors before they close. Literally 0 chance to beat a team when someone does that.

Among the other exploits, any word from Bioware on when they will be addressing these hacks? Or are these not hacks, but "features"?

CaptRogue
12.11.2017 , 10:38 AM | #2
Been going on randomly for years.
Only way to address that is to record it, send it to Eric's email address & open a ticket with ALL the information you can think of. Then move on. lol That's it.

Not that it helps but that's the process we all have to take.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Qouivandes
12.11.2017 , 10:50 AM | #3
I reported my first person this past weekend. it was frustrating as hell. placing bombs behind doors. placing bombs when the bridges werent even up. placing bombs when the force fields were up. I stopped PvPing for several hours because of it.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

TrooperRCH
12.11.2017 , 11:13 AM | #4
Hacking seemed to dominate most of the afternoon on Sunday on Star Forge. I find it odd that after so many years, we still have to "prove" someone is hacking for BW to acknowledge the hack, instead of them proactively fixing the exploit that allows players to do it.

Darevsool
12.11.2017 , 11:18 AM | #5
Well, that's one I've never heard of.
Now just another cog in the gaming machine.

TrooperRCH
12.11.2017 , 05:34 PM | #6
If you're on StarForge, it was happening all day yesterday, and looks like it's still going on this evening. All void star matches I've been in, the attacking team would have someone go through their barrier before the match started, and run through the doors. Once the match starts and the doors close, they plant the bomb, and move on to continue activating the bridge and consoles and win in like a minute.

xordevoreaux
12.11.2017 , 06:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperRCH View Post
Voidstar is especially bad with people getting through the barrier before a match begins, and heading to the doors before they close. Literally 0 chance to beat a team when someone does that.

Among the other exploits, any word from Bioware on when they will be addressing these hacks? Or are these not hacks, but "features"?
That area beyond the barrier should be an exhaustion zone until the match starts. That'll solve the problem.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

aerockyul
12.11.2017 , 07:03 PM | #8
I think the overarching problem is they will go after proven cheaters (for a short time--they keep coming back over and over) but they do nothing to code/program the exploits out of the game. Instead of making it harder to cheat, they keep wasting time and resources (and our time, as the burden of proof is unbelievably on us, even when they've seen the same things over and over) going after the same people who just keep coming back anyway because the exploit is still there when they do.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

TrixxieTriss
12.11.2017 , 08:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperRCH View Post
Hacking seemed to dominate most of the afternoon on Sunday on Star Forge. I find it odd that after so many years, we still have to "prove" someone is hacking for BW to acknowledge the hack, instead of them proactively fixing the exploit that allows players to do it.
Is it a Imps doing it or reps?

Kyrra_T
12.11.2017 , 09:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Is it a Imps doing it or reps?
Both Imp and Reps hack. <more words, more words>