Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

spectreclees
12.07.2017 , 05:29 PM | #31
Some companies are starting to disallow digital sales through other sites. I know that you can't get anything for FFXIV on Amazon. At least not the 'Crysta' which is the equivalent of cartel coins here. Steam gift cards are no longer available on Amazon either and I believe Blizzard may be next. They would rather you purchase them directly from their site for a set price.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

Andryah
12.07.2017 , 08:05 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
60 day time cards are at here in amazon for me https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Rep...0067G55XS?th=1

Not digital though is the physical card
Yeah.. those are all independent merchants selling those. I do not trust them.

Amazon appears to have wiped out almost everything for SWTOR on their web site, which is odd given the upcoming holiday season. I did notice about a month ago that the 180 day game time codes were no longer available. Kind of sorry I only purchased one 90 day game time code last month.

Eric really needs to come in and comment on what is up with digital game time codes drying up all over the internet. If that is planned and deliberate and they just want us buying direct from swtor.com.. then just freaking say that and end all the mystery so players can adjust their plans for game time
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Neuroetry
12.07.2017 , 08:34 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

Amazon appears to have wiped out almost everything for SWTOR on their web site, which is odd given the upcoming holiday season. I did notice about a month ago that the 180 day game time codes were no longer available. Kind of sorry I only purchased one 90 day game time code last month.

Eric really needs to come in and comment on what is up with digital game time codes drying up all over the internet. If that is planned and deliberate and they just want us buying direct from swtor.com.. then just freaking say that and end all the mystery so players can adjust their plans for game time
Yes, a dev comment that lets us know what is going on would be very welcome. I looked at a recent purchase and realized the thumbnails of the download cc code's are different. Don't know if it's an older pic or a new one, but it doesn't look like any past releases and I'm sure it was the KotFE/Vitiate pic before now. When I click on the link to the product the Vitiate pic is in place, not the thumbnail pic.
https://imgur.com/1acqU9J

edit; it's probably just an old pic, nvm

Andryah
12.07.2017 , 09:40 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Some companies are starting to disallow digital sales through other sites. I know that you can't get anything for FFXIV on Amazon. At least not the 'Crysta' which is the equivalent of cartel coins here. Steam gift cards are no longer available on Amazon either and I believe Blizzard may be next. They would rather you purchase them directly from their site for a set price.
Yeah... it would not surprise me that this was deliberate on the part of EA..... as they do not want to split profits of sales with internet merchants. If they force you to the games web site.. then they set the price and do not need to discount to please aggressive merchants like Amazon.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

HuaRya
12.07.2017 , 09:56 PM | #35

Highly likely Bioware Austin didn't know about this and it was done from EA high command. Some kind of damage control with fans of SW Battlefront 2 not liking gambling crates which SWTOR players adapted to because it was indirectly implied a 'store' was necessary to save the game back in 2013 along with F2P.

Keith probably had Eric on the phone all day to Redwood City but wasn't able to get a definitive answer thus we are left here to speculate.

DanNV
12.07.2017 , 10:10 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
They sell to Amazon wholesale or about 50% of the price you pay for the card. They sell direct to you retail, so they make more money selling direct. As long as the site is selling 180 day subs, I don't think the game is being shut down soon. When the 180 days subs go away is when you have to worry.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

spectreclees
12.07.2017 , 10:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
They sell to Amazon wholesale or about 50% of the price you pay for the card. They sell direct to you retail, so they make more money selling direct. As long as the site is selling 180 day subs, I don't think the game is being shut down soon. When the 180 days subs go away is when you have to worry.
That's exactly what I just said lol. Anyway, I will agree on your last part that until you stop seeing the option for 180 days of sub time the game won't be going anywhere.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

Jesira
12.07.2017 , 10:45 PM | #38
I think it would still be good to have a dev comment on it, with all the doomsaying that goes on these days, they need to put negative speculation to rest when they can.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

Ylliarus
12.08.2017 , 04:50 AM | #39

Very likely it is something perfectly reasonable which is also why the devs don't respond to this. Frankly, if I were a developer I wouldn't either because what, this is the gazillionth thread that hints at doom and gloom for SWTOR? I'll give it to the doomsayers though, they're one patient bunch. Because eventually one day in the future they will be right and the servers will shut down (like 5 years in the future or more) and all the doomsayers will chant in chaotic ecstasy "we told you!".

But no, the disappearance of the SWTOR stuff from Amazon is barely anything noteworthy so I am not surprised it has been commented on by the devs. Very likely it's that they want sales to happen through this site and nowhere else. Maybe the Origin store would be an exception since it's owned by EA. Frankly I am surprised people were buying their game time and cartel coins anywhere but this site. I was under the impression all was going through here.
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Twelfthdoctor
12.08.2017 , 05:02 AM | #40
Well, if I didn't have some error or another when trying to purchase from the SWtOR site every time, I'd be less annoyed by it, they don't like my card, or most of the cash gift cards I use for the site. That, or there were major issues during Black Friday. As it is... I might not be *able* to pay them if they don't have amazon cards.
shock and awe? I prefer shock and death... -Slythiss: Sith Sorceror