Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

CaptainPann
12.03.2017 , 03:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Theron has allowed himself to be captured (and beaten) numerous times in the past, in order to gain intel or get into a position he needs to be in for his mission. He's a deep cover infiltrator/agent, and that's what he's good at.

If you haven't read the additional background media that features him, I would take a look. It's really great stuff and gives a lot lot lot of further insight into his character and just what he's capable of (like taking down a Dark Council member in his underwear).
That is true, I did see in Theran though at the Valss battle cutscene that he looked genuinely concerned for Valss, knowing he wouldn't win. Unless he developed a relationship with a few characters while being a double agent, we won't know obviously until the next episode or next few episodes.
| The Captain Says Hello From Dagobah |
| ~ Have A Wookie Cookie | Referral Link ~ |

slydfox
12.03.2017 , 09:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPann View Post
That is true, I did see in Theran though at the Valss battle cutscene that he looked genuinely concerned for Valss, knowing he wouldn't win. Unless he developed a relationship with a few characters while being a double agent, we won't know obviously until the next episode or next few episodes.
When I saw that and Valss saying that Theron would be victorious, it made me think that he was in on it too. If the Chiss had a vision but was really on the side of the Zildrog's, Theron would have no chance of betraying them. I get the feeling Valss knew all along he was going to die in that spot and that he helped Theron out with what is going on from the beginning. Of course this is just my own personal opinion and speculation but it opens up new branches. It is against Theron's character to do anything without just cause, even if he goes about it recklessly and in a way most people would think was selfish.

Dracofish
12.03.2017 , 10:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by slydfox View Post
When I saw that and Valss saying that Theron would be victorious, it made me think that he was in on it too. If the Chiss had a vision but was really on the side of the Zildrog's, Theron would have no chance of betraying them. I get the feeling Valss knew all along he was going to die in that spot and that he helped Theron out with what is going on from the beginning. Of course this is just my own personal opinion and speculation but it opens up new branches. It is against Theron's character to do anything without just cause, even if he goes about it recklessly and in a way most people would think was selfish.
I think Valss is/was part of the Order. It's kind of the definition of crazy cults in this game to have "visions" of saving the galaxy that involve killing lots of people. Nowhere in that flashpoint did Valss state that he was looking to stop the war...only that Theron had to trust in his vision. The guy totally had that creepy "drink-the-kool-aid-for-I-am-one-with-the-nutter" vibe to me.

If Theron is a deep-cover agent (which I'm like 99.9999% sure of), it wouldn't make sense for him to team up with someone else going against the Order. The entire point of a deep cover op is to work *for* the opposite side (the bad guys in this case)...to the point where you can screw them over in the end.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Swingkittie
12.04.2017 , 04:49 PM | #24
I think Valss is/was part of the Order. It's kind of the definition of crazy cults in this game to have "visions" of saving the galaxy that involve killing lots of people. Nowhere in that flashpoint did Valss state that he was looking to stop the war...only that Theron had to trust in his vision. The guy totally had that creepy "drink-the-kool-aid-for-I-am-one-with-the-nutter" vibe to me.

If Theron is a deep-cover agent (which I'm like 99.9999% sure of), it wouldn't make sense for him to team up with someone else going against the Order. The entire point of a deep cover op is to work *for* the opposite side (the bad guys in this case)...to the point where you can screw them over in the end.
Dracofish,

I read your explanations and I wish I knew how to quote more than one thing you said but oh well... I really liked your summation on Theron. Even though it has been out there that he is most likely a double agent, this was confirmed (to me) that he was when he reached down in his shuttle and put that device there. He wanted us to get some information and I guess he felt this was the only way to do it without blowing his cover.

I am glad I am not the only one that got that whole creepy vibe from Valss. I found it strange that Theron seemed concerned for Valss when he jumped out of the shuttle after us. If Theron was on our side and not really betraying us why would he say that to Vayss in the first place? It just seemed like a stupid line to me. Now if he is a traitor, then yeah I would expect a line like that. They also seem to have this weird relationship going on here that gave off a creepy vibe to me.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Dracofish
12.04.2017 , 04:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Dracofish,

I read your explanations and I wish I knew how to quote more than one thing you said but oh well... I really liked your summation on Theron. Even though it has been out there that he is most likely a double agent, this was confirmed (to me) that he was when he reached down in his shuttle and put that device there. He wanted us to get some information and I guess he felt this was the only way to do it without blowing his cover.

I am glad I am not the only one that got that whole creepy vibe from Valss. I found it strange that Theron seemed concerned for Valss when he jumped out of the shuttle after us. If Theron was on our side and not really betraying us why would he say that to Vayss in the first place? It just seemed like a stupid line to me. Now if he is a traitor, then yeah I would expect a line like that. They also seem to have this weird relationship going on here that gave off a creepy vibe to me.
Haha, yeah I have no idea how to multi-quote.

I get the impression that Theron probably rocked Valss'sss world to get what he needed out of him...like many a good spy would. Valss seemed totally into Theron, but Theron was kinda "meh" to me, lol.

And I took his "concern" as a last-ditch effort to stop him from jumping out of the shuttle in an effort to protect the Commander, not so much Valss.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

reviin
12.07.2017 , 05:04 PM | #26
All I know is I am so going to get back at Theron for that train fiasco. I may reign in my revenge plans if he has a good enough explanation for it when we get to that bridge. Buuuuut I'm at least going to give him the beating of a lifetime for being a pain in the neck.
Click my referral link for free gift bundles http://www.swtor.com/r/BRPK6y

SteveTheCynic
12.08.2017 , 04:02 AM | #27
It occurs to me that he may have leaked the conversation as a means of leading us on, getting us to chase him so he (and the OoZ) can be there to take us down when he finds the YASW(1), a sort of equivalent of nuking us from orbit. (It's the only way to be sure.) If they don't catch us directly in the output of the YASW, there's no guarantee that we'll be dead.

Or he may be having second thoughts, possibly inspired by the planet where the YASW is. It isn't clear which planet it is, but it's obviously somewhere that he doesn't like the idea of going to, and he is looking for a way out of this situation he got himself into. The red flashy thing was there as a result of the professional spy's habit of making sure he always has a way out of a sticky situation. Quite why he thinks his chances of surviving an encounter with Darth Nox(2) are better than his chances of surviving whatever planet it is is beyond me.

(1) Yet Another Super-Weapon.

(2) As soon as Lana is done pulling his toenails out and whatever else she wants to do, Yerka Kolar will be converting him into a pile of crispy-fried charcoal briquettes. Others among my characters will be doing different things, but mercy won't be high on the list.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Eshvara
12.08.2017 , 04:15 AM | #28
I always thought Theron was serious, until they placed the deep cover set in the cm. I still think he can turn against you however, if you choose to use the superweapon for yourself which will probably be a DS choice.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Dracofish
12.08.2017 , 11:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I always thought Theron was serious, until they placed the deep cover set in the cm. I still think he can turn against you however, if you choose to use the superweapon for yourself which will probably be a DS choice.
Yeah, if there was any doubt, BW kinda blew that whistle, didn't they?
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

devilkat
12.08.2017 , 02:06 PM | #30
Yeah, if there was any doubt, BW kinda blew that whistle, didn't they?
I'm not sure how anyone could have been fooled by it. As far as I can remember, BW has never taken a companion character away from a player on a whim (with the exception of the beginning of ET, but I don't count that since everyone was gone). The fact that it doesn't matter how you treat him or others is a big indication that there's something else going on. In all of their previous titles, you could lose companions based on you actions. In this one, characterization has been bad all the way through.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"