Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 01:45 PM | #7311
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Well, no; I don't think that's it. Returning companions in KOTFE chapters - Torian, Vette, SCORPIO, etc. - have their customizations active for the classes who originally had them as companions (bounty hunter, warrior, agent, respectively). My warrior's Vette came back as...well, my warrior's Vette - customization enabled. Every other class I took through there got default!Vette. This is well before they are actually available as companions (Vette's customization showed up from her first scene in Chapter Thirteen, despite not having her as an available companion until slightly later in the chapter).

But for some reason, the warrior and trooper, who originally had Quinn and Elara as respective companions, do not see their customizations enabled when they reunite with their companions on Iokath.
And I said it's probably a bug.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
12.07.2017 , 02:49 PM | #7312
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
What I'm hearing is that companion customization are not working during cutscenes until you get the character as companion. I'd like to point out that that's how it worked on Vanilla, too. I replayed jedi knight story just last week, and changed Doc's outfit as soon as I got him -- but he was wearing his old outfit until I was off Balmorra. I also tried to give Scourge a customization as soon as I got him, but it didn't let me even buy one until I finished Chapter 2.

If Quinn's customizations are not working on Iokath and everyone else's do work, it's probably a bug, but the devs might have a hard time understanding why this is a problem since that bug just causes it to behave the way it has always behaved.
This is incorrect. During play PRIOR to KOTFE many of us gave our companions a particular/preferred FACIAL CUSTOMISATION once they became our companion. When the same companion returned after KOTFE, this customisation has been removed by BW. This is of particular importance for LIs and their story continuation, for anyone who records (fraps etc) their character's story and for immersion in the story. I think you might be referring to OUTFITS which do change to our preference when a chapter or FP is replayed. This is not the case for IOKATH as it is not replayable. The whole issue is that those who played class stories altered our companions using customisations to suit us and played with them like that for years.

This issue has been reported as a bug many, many times and has never been acknowledged as one either in the bug forum, general forum or via private message. It seems to me that the devs decided that no-one cared about original companion looks, since the majority of those playing kotfe/kotet etc would be new players who had no invested effort in gaining these companions. From a business perspective that makes sense. From my perspective as a long-time player it just pisses me off. It's pretty clear from the roadmap and game changes where the devs time will be going so I accept that this is no longer the game for me. I just wish I had gotten Keith's response before I allowed my next three month sub to go through.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 03:01 PM | #7313
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
This is incorrect. During play PRIOR to KOTFE many of us gave our companions a particular/preferred FACIAL CUSTOMISATION once they became our companion. When the same companion returned after KOTFE, this customisation has been removed by BW. This is of particular importance for LIs and their story continuation, for anyone who records (fraps etc) their character's story and for immersion in the story. I think you might be referring to OUTFITS which do change to our preference when a chapter or FP is replayed. This is not the case for IOKATH as it is not replayable. The whole issue is that those who played class stories altered our companions using customisations to suit us and played with them like that for years.

This issue has been reported as a bug many, many times and has never been acknowledged as one either in the bug forum, general forum or via private message. It seems to me that the devs decided that no-one cared about original companion looks, since the majority of those playing kotfe/kotet etc would be new players who had no invested effort in gaining these companions. From a business perspective that makes sense. From my perspective as a long-time player it just pisses me off. It's pretty clear from the roadmap and game changes where the devs time will be going so I accept that this is no longer the game for me. I just wish I had gotten Keith's response before I allowed my next three month sub to go through.
My English must be worse than I thought.

So the customization is removed altogether? On all characters or just Quinn/Elara? Permanently? Because what I heard from others is that it's just Quinn/Elara and it's only for the cutscenes before you get the companion. I have to rely on these reports since any companion I have used customization on did return with the customization. And no, the only thing I said about outfits is that I wasn't able to change Doc's outfit in vanilla in cutscenes until I got him as a permanent companion, and I wasn't able to give Scourge a customization until I got him as a permanent companion.

Most bugs don't get a dev confirmation, and your assumption that most of the players are new and that's the only reason they don't care is, in my opinion, somewhat absurd. From what I've seen in game, most people don't use customizations. Most of the companions people use have their default look. If this only affects two companions for a short time and most people don't even know about it, and I'm guessing many people don't care enough about that to be concerned.

I'm sorry, and it must suck for you, but this seems to be an issue for a very small number of people, and therefore it's logical it's not a priority for Bioware.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
12.07.2017 , 04:25 PM | #7314
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
What I'm hearing is that companion customization are not working during cutscenes until you get the character as companion. I'd like to point out that that's how it worked on Vanilla, too. I replayed jedi knight story just last week, and changed Doc's outfit as soon as I got him -- but he was wearing his old outfit until I was off Balmorra. I also tried to give Scourge a customization as soon as I got him, but it didn't let me even buy one until I finished Chapter 2.

If Quinn's customizations are not working on Iokath and everyone else's do work, it's probably a bug, but the devs might have a hard time understanding why this is a problem since that bug just causes it to behave the way it has always behaved.

Then it must be broken, because waaaaay back, when I first got Andronikos and Gault for example, before I even finished their stories on the planet, I went and bought customizations for them, popped them in and they worked in the cutscenes.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 04:27 PM | #7315
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Then it must be broken, because waaaaay back, when I first got Andronikos and Gault, before I even finished their stories, i went and bought customizations for them, popped them in and they worked.
Didn't work for Scourge last week. I went to Ilum right after getting him (straight from the Emperor's fortress no less ) and tried to buy a customization. It gave the error message "requires Lord Scourge" despite the fact that I had him standing right there.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
12.07.2017 , 04:34 PM | #7316
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Didn't work for Scourge last week. I went to Ilum right after getting him (straight from the Emperor's fortress no less ) and tried to buy a customization. It gave the error message "requires Lord Scourge" despite the fact that I had him standing right there.
Weird. It must something fairly recent then that is causing this, because as I said, I had no issues way back, it's been a while since I played through a character start to finish, but yeah, I didn't like that Gault had a broken horn, I wanted him to have to proper horns and I liked a different flesh tone than he had for him, so I changed him, no issues. Same with Andronikos...and it worked for both customizations I picked for different SIs. I hadn't technically earned them yet, they just start running with you, but off we'd go, fix them up and get back to the story and it was fine, so this is a relatively new thing then. :/

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 04:37 PM | #7317
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Weird. It must something fairly recent then that is causing this, because as I said, I had no issues way back, it's been a while since I played through a character start to finish, but yeah, I didn't like that Gault had a broken horn, I wanted him to have to proper horns and I liked a different flesh tone than he had for him, so I changed him, no issues. Same with Andronikos...and it worked for both customizations I picked for different SIs. I hadn't technically earned them yet, they just start running with you, but off we'd go, fix them up and get back to the story and it was fine, so this is a relatively new thing then. :/
Might be. I don't use that many customizations, and I don't really have a clear picture of how it used to be. I only regularly use customizations on Risha and Ashara, and both of them are the type that you get them and "earn them", as you put it, at the same time.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
12.07.2017 , 07:01 PM | #7318
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
So the customization is removed altogether? On all characters or just Quinn/Elara? Permanently? Because what I heard from others is that it's just Quinn/Elara and it's only for the cutscenes before you get the companion.
This is an issue because it affects romanced (love interest) companions who we lost through no choice of our own (Quinn/Dorne/Temple) who all returned not as we remember them. There are also issues if you go back to pre-kotfe content with an original companion who has returned they will be default and in their underpants - that issue is a known bug. In my PMs the issue with brown eyes was confirmed as a bug; the issue with racial customisation preferences was not. Something similar would be a same-sex romance with Theron only to find he returns as straight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Most bugs don't get a dev confirmation, and your assumption that most of the players are new and that's the only reason they don't care is, in my opinion, somewhat absurd. From what I've seen in game, most people don't use customizations. Most of the companions people use have their default look. If this only affects two companions for a short time and most people don't even know about it, and I'm guessing many people don't care enough about that to be concerned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I'm sorry, and it must suck for you, but this seems to be an issue for a very small number of people, and therefore it's logical it's not a priority for Bioware.
The thread that was concerned with customisations was several pages long with many different players posting about this issue so it does affect quite few, however I already pointed (and you have reiterated) out that whilst we are large in number we are not large enough for BW to be concerned with (its like 10000 people out of a million - they can afford that sub loss). I will say again (and in case you missed it your post is agreeing with mine), those of us who are affected are a small a SMALL MINORITY for BW (we have thought otherwise but this is simply not true). For this reason) BW are not going to be changing the game to accommodate us since there is no bug and we are a tiny part of their overall player/subscriber number. Oh and they don't have to care; nothing absurd about it - why should they want to be concerned or care about a small minority of the player base? It's not good business.

Like it or not if anyone wants a companion to be a race of their preference in order to keep him/her that way don't play the Eternal Empire or anything after & don't expect anything to change in the future (and that includes Theron - start getting to love that terrible hair). I pity those who customised Corso and Vector - they are not going to be happy. We won't be seeing the Lammia Edition Quinn™ because Iokath is not going to be re-playable and he will remain in his default look.

It may be different in 6.0 because class stories are being considered, but I doubt it. The game has changed to accommodate a different type of player. Those of use who don't like can unsub - BW won't even notice we've gone.

Also [tin foil hat] Seireeni are you a BW employee?
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.07.2017 , 07:18 PM | #7319
Heeh just found this, scowly Quinn and bratty Vette. Not sure if it's been posted before but
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.


--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
12.07.2017 , 07:24 PM | #7320
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I sent a PM to Keith about this with pictures to outline what I meant using the various darker skinned & cyborg Quinns. I also followed it up with one about the removal of brown eyes (before there was any mention of a fix). I will not repeat his full reply here, however it was pretty clear he did not care about my view, saw my issue with customisations/eye colour as irrelevant and had zero understanding of why the look of a particular companion customisation is important to me or any other a player. As a result of his reply I am convinced neither Keith or his colleagues give one toss about some of our game preferences, nor the impact personal preference has on our immersion in the story. They have decided to remove our preferred customisations from cutscenes, replace all missing companions with new models and that is that.

I was left with the impression that swtor's staff have altered the game to cater (a) for their personal story preferences and (b) for players who use instant 60+ tokens who will not have played through any of the original class stories / gained the original companions through playing the story. They would only do this if their data suggests the highest number of subscribers comes from the "new" insta-high-level group of players.

Unless they create a "classic" server where anything from KOTFE and beyond does not exist, at the end of my current three month sub I'm probably finished with swtor. It's not so much the lack of action on companion issues; it's their complete lack of acknowledgement that there is a problem - which brings me back to my view that they are catering for a different type of player and the rest of us can eff off.
Any chance you could copy his reply and send it to me? I've been feeling rather irritated with the low quality of the story and the lack of attention to detail in general and I'm wondering just how irritated I should be. I can sympathize with being short staffed, but not with a lack of caring, and lately it feels like we've been suffering from both. They just don't care if they have a good, quality game that players enjoy.

I'm bothered that with all of the numerous bugs plaguing this game, they spent time and effort to re-work the Outfit Designer so we can no longer dye armor that didn't already have a dye slot. I.E. green & blue world drops & crafted armor. Then there is the eye debacle. Why spend time reworking eyes which they then bugged and re-bugged when that intern could have been trying to, I don't know, maybe smooth out some clipping issues or something?