Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove MATs for Losing Teams, Double for Winners

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove MATs for Losing Teams, Double for Winners

Dewlmenow
12.06.2017 , 07:22 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Almost every MMO I've played that had a good pvp population the pvpers were clearing the harder pve content faster than the dedicated pver's.
From my experience the most skilled players, in this game at least, tend to do both, but taking players that do both out, this is a false statement.

Even in this game in the early days before everyone fled the game and the game actually had a healthy amount of pvp guilds (before the stripping of ranked 8v8), all the nightmare raids were cleared first by dedicated pvp guilds.
This is just absolute nonsense that isn't true.

Raansu
12.07.2017 , 09:48 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Sorry, I'm not buying that for a second. If those players, like I stated, didn't have a good amount of raiding experience, no chance.
Raiding isn't exactly hard. A static boss that does the same thing no matter what is pretty easy for a pvper. I know pure pvers like the pretend their content is hard, but it really isn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dewlmenow View Post
This is just absolute nonsense that isn't true.
You can believe what you want, but it doesnt change the fact that in the early days on swtor, pvp guilds were clearing raids before anyone else because a mix of rakata gear with pvp gear was better than full pvp gear at the time.

Foambreaker
12.07.2017 , 10:07 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewlmenow View Post
From my experience the most skilled players, in this game at least, tend to do both, but taking players that do both out, this is a false statement..
Wait, so you are saying that PvPers who DO NOT DO BOTH (PvP and PvE) don't clear PvE content?

Earth shattering

Toraak
12.07.2017 , 10:55 AM | #44
Raiding isn't exactly hard. A static boss that does the same thing no matter what is pretty easy for a pvper. I know pure pvers like the pretend their content is hard, but it really isn't.

You can believe what you want, but it doesnt change the fact that in the early days on swtor, pvp guilds were clearing raids before anyone else because a mix of rakata gear with pvp gear was better than full pvp gear at the time.

to be blunt, in the early part of the game the only raids were EV/KP, and EC later in the year, EV/KP are and always has been easy. So your comment seems irrelevant. Not to mention there is no proof for or against PvP guilds being the 1st to clear them.

It is possible they were among the 1st, but no proof of it one way or the other. I don't remember any world's first site for this game like WoW has.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Foambreaker
12.07.2017 , 11:25 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
to be blunt, in the early part of the game the only raids were EV/KP, and EC later in the year, EV/KP are and always has been easy. So your comment seems irrelevant. Not to mention there is no proof for or against PvP guilds being the 1st to clear them.

It is possible they were among the 1st, but no proof of it one way or the other. I don't remember any world's first site for this game like WoW has.
All you have to do for a raid boss is imitate a YouTube video.

For PvP you have to know 24 unique builds and be able to counter any of those at any second.

PvP is the final stage in player progression.

Eloi_BG
12.07.2017 , 11:25 AM | #46
I love how this thread turned into a PVP vs PVE thing. I actually read it to see what hardcore grouped ranked PVPers thought about this new thing with lots of randoms in queue. On a hand you get a lot more matches. On the other hand you get a lot more boring matches. I was wondering how one thing balanced out the other.

Also please stop with this "PVE is harder", "No, PVP is harder". To be honest who cares. People do what they enjoy. Good players can be good both in PVE and PVP. You see some of the top PVE players in the top of the ranked leaderboards, you see some of the top PVP players clearing NiM ops (or used to see at least, when people cared more about operations cause it wasn't old content). In both situations you can always work at becoming better.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Foambreaker
12.07.2017 , 11:28 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
I love how this thread turned into a PVP vs PVE thing. I actually read it to see what hardcore grouped ranked PVPers thought about this new thing with lots of randoms in queue. On a hand you get a lot more matches. On the other hand you get a lot more boring matches. I was wondering how one thing balanced out the other.
Just a few more augments and I will let you know

merovejec
12.08.2017 , 01:37 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post

Also please stop with this "PVE is harder", "No, PVP is harder". To be honest who cares. People do what they enjoy. Good players can be good both in PVE and PVP. You see some of the top PVE players in the top of the ranked leaderboards, you see some of the top PVP players clearing NiM ops (or used to see at least, when people cared more about operations cause it wasn't old content). In both situations you can always work at becoming better.
What im curious about is the leaderboards, mainly the group ranked. I wonder what they will do with the tiers this season as it seems everyone used every possible alt for group ranked. Naturally the PVPers will have won even on their PTs in group ranked so there will be many ppl qualifying for Silver, if not Gold tier.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Hoppinswtor
12.08.2017 , 05:45 AM | #49
Group Ranked played at its highest level is way more intricate that scripted NiM ops. Nightmare Raiding helps you master your class and sharpen your awareness for PvP.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Foambreaker
12.08.2017 , 08:54 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
I was thinking more along the line of "OP wants ranked to die quickly and not pop any more." Cause the people who play ranked "just because" are almost as rare as unicorns. It's almost like... winner-take-all isn't very inviting if you don't win. Wonder why that is?
Only the mats are proposed to be winner take all.

Reading comprehension is your friend.