Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.07.2017 , 08:46 AM | #1
Since there's some confusion and questions;

  • Is it a win chance when you meet the criteria or, is it a chance now but once you meet the criteria, guaranteed? Seems to be some confusion about this, I'd assume the former given the wording of the post but clarification might be nice.
  • Is this only for newly registered Nvidia GeForce users or do already existing members using GeForce stand a chance as well?
  • How many packs will be given away?
  • Why are certain countries excluded?
  • Will something be done in the future for those using a different GPU?
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

TalonMacLeod's Avatar


TalonMacLeod
12.07.2017 , 08:53 AM | #2
The exclusion of certain countries from any giveaway (not just this one) is typically because of laws in those particular countries which prohibit things of that nature; giveaways, contests, etc., and NOT because the sponsoring company has a vendetta, or some other such silly idea, against the people in the excluded countries.

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.07.2017 , 09:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonMacLeod View Post
The exclusion of certain countries from any giveaway (not just this one) is typically because of laws on those particular countries, which prohibit things of that nature; giveaways, contests, etc., and NOT because the sponsoring company has a vendetta, or some other such silly idea, against the people in the excluded countries.
Oh, I'm aware but there are those folks who don't accept that answer unless it's said by a dev.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Elliraen's Avatar


Elliraen
12.07.2017 , 09:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Since there's some confusion and questions;

  • Is it a win chance when you meet the criteria or, is it a chance now but once you meet the criteria, guaranteed? Seems to be some confusion about this, I'd assume the former given the wording of the post but clarification might be nice.
  • Is this only for newly registered Nvidia GeForce users or do already existing members using GeForce stand a chance as well?
It's a promotion. Not a contest. So one could rightly assume that any who register and/or log in to their accounts will be able to get the code (someone with a pre-existing Nvidia Experience account can probably verify the accuracy of that).
Referral link - free goodies for new and current subscribers.

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.07.2017 , 09:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elliraen View Post
It's a promotion. Not a contest. So one could rightly assume that any who register and/or log in to their accounts will be able to get the code (someone with a pre-existing Nvidia Experience account can probably verify the accuracy of that).
Yes, but when the Facebook post says "Join GeForce by December 13th for a chance to", the article says "creating an account by December 13, 2017 for a chance to receive" and the Nvidia website says "This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members", you kind of start to wonder if it's "for all" or, as stated, a chance for select community members.

You might be right, perhaps we're putting too much stock in the term "a chance" but that is the whole reason for asking for clarification rather than everyone theorizing back and forth on what it does and doesn't mean. And no one can verify any of this until December 13th when the codes will be delivered in-app, which is also the cut off date for this promo.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
12.07.2017 , 09:22 AM | #6
I can already see the "I have GeForce where's my stuff" posts.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Elliraen's Avatar


Elliraen
12.07.2017 , 09:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Yes, but when the Facebook post says "Join GeForce by December 13th for a chance to", the article says "creating an account by December 13, 2017 for a chance to receive" and the Nvidia website says "This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members", you kind of start to wonder if it's "for all" or, as stated, a chance for select community members.

You might be right, perhaps we're putting too much stock in the term "a chance" but that is the whole reason for asking for clarification rather than everyone theorizing back and forth on what it does and doesn't mean. And no one can verify any of this until December 13th when the codes will be delivered in-app, which is also the cut off date for this promo.
Ah, I didn't catch that "Chance" part. So yeah, a lot of verification is needed on this. It does seem rather stupid.
Referral link - free goodies for new and current subscribers.

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
12.07.2017 , 09:30 AM | #8
The wording is deliberately confusing so you'd install Geforce Experience. Marketing ploy at its best.
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
12.07.2017 , 09:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I can already see the "I have GeForce where's my stuff" posts.
Yeah, I'm predicting 4-6 threads on the front page alone on 12/13 regarding:
  • Users with Intel/AMD graphics cards crying foul
  • Users in excluded countries blaming nvidia/bioware
  • GeForce Community members who just didn't get a code
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
12.07.2017 , 09:52 AM | #10
It's most likely an nVidia promotion involving SWTOR, not a BW promotion involving nVidia. If you want answers, it's probably best to ask nVidia.
________________________________________________
A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.
Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV