Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank you Bioware! Group Ranked has revitalized the Ranked atmosphere.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Thank you Bioware! Group Ranked has revitalized the Ranked atmosphere.

Foambreaker
12.04.2017 , 09:00 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I think in the current situation it's quite aweful.
Just a whole ton of people not trying, and a couple taking advantage of it so they can boost their egos later.
Agreed 100%.

yellow_
12.04.2017 , 09:10 AM | #42
I would just like to point how rapidly the serious teams graduate from the mat farming bracket after which you stop seeing them unless there's literally no other actual teams in the queue.

I played a lot of games with friends on Friday on one of my snipers. The first 3 were against teams that were not competitive. But after those first 3 games every single game played was against experienced pvpers running good classes in competitive games. Haven't seen a mat farming team on that character since.

Evolixe
12.04.2017 , 12:57 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I would just like to point how rapidly the serious teams graduate from the mat farming bracket after which you stop seeing them unless there's literally no other actual teams in the queue.

I played a lot of games with friends on Friday on one of my snipers. The first 3 were against teams that were not competitive. But after those first 3 games every single game played was against experienced pvpers running good classes in competitive games. Haven't seen a mat farming team on that character since.
This matchmaking system has never worked, not even a little bit.

Just because you are seeing people you know trying to win the game doesn't mean they are playing what they would like. Fat chance that even IF you see me enter group ranked, I'm not going to be in a comp I really expect to win tons of games in.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

ClyntKeelan
12.07.2017 , 03:24 AM | #44
Only reason I started doing ranked is because of the mats.

Now it's definitely the most fun I am having in SWTOR.

I have to thank the devs for prodding me out of my pve comfort zone, and thank the pvp community for being awesome. I did get removed from one group when I was on my madness sorc ('no sorcs, sorry') but that is understandable. And I found another group and we won the next one anyways.

Bit sick of Baron Deathmark, I have to say. Give him a holiday; lets have some intro and commentary from;

i) Giradda's pessimistic and confused protocol droid
ii) Random Gammorean Guard standing in for other hosts who are passed out drunk
iii) Jos and Valk squabbling over the mic and arguing - 'Jos! They're doin it wrong!'
iv) Jarg and Sorno - 'He should aim for that little guy' 'Which guy - they're ALL little' etc.
v) Colonel Vorgath - he can say anything - his voice is HILARIOUS to me

...I could probably think of some more, but I have to get to the arena.

Hoppinswtor
12.07.2017 , 04:50 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post

Yeah. I haven't gone up against a mats faming team on my PT since my first 10 games.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

kissingaiur
12.07.2017 , 05:45 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
Yeah. I haven't gone up against a mats faming team on my PT since my first 10 games.

I agree. When I play we hit like *maybe* 1-2 mat farmers the rest are competitive games. When you gets decent rating you don't face any farmers. On Harb there is always many teams in queue... i have never seen it more active. It's refreshing.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur