Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Genuine troll paralized entire solo ranked traffic on Darth Malgus for many days now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Genuine troll paralized entire solo ranked traffic on Darth Malgus for many days now

Alec_Fortescue
12.06.2017 , 09:24 AM | #1
Bioware, please... Why do you tolerate it? A single player effectively paralized entire solo queue traffic now.

Solo queue is dead because of him. We actually had people who care about rating mostly queue after 5.6 due to lack of rewards which discouraged toxic players from farming them in solo queue. But now everyone is afraid to queue empire side because of that one guy who just sits there 24/7, asks people to queue yolos and leaves every match.

I cannot play the game and content I enjoy and have paid for due to extremely disruptive behaviour on someone else's part. Sitting in queue for 35 minutes on Republic without pops because everyone is afraid of that one player on their team is just not cool.

play-a-faya
12.06.2017 , 01:31 PM | #2
Can't you just put that player on your ignore list? As far as I know, that would prevent getting queued with them, even in ranked WZs. It is working for GF, so i figgure it works for WZs aswell.

Lundorff
12.06.2017 , 01:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by play-a-faya View Post
Can't you just put that player on your ignore list? As far as I know, that would prevent getting queued with them, even in ranked WZs. It is working for GF, so i figgure it works for WZs aswell.
Doesn't work in ranked.

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.06.2017 , 01:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Bioware, please... Why do you tolerate it? A single player effectively paralized entire solo queue traffic now.

Solo queue is dead because of him. We actually had people who care about rating mostly queue after 5.6 due to lack of rewards which discouraged toxic players from farming them in solo queue. But now everyone is afraid to queue empire side because of that one guy who just sits there 24/7, asks people to queue yolos and leaves every match.

I cannot play the game and content I enjoy and have paid for due to extremely disruptive behaviour on someone else's part. Sitting in queue for 35 minutes on Republic without pops because everyone is afraid of that one player on their team is just not cool.
I think it would be best if people just accepted that rating in this game is not an indication of skill or personal success, there are too many people who do not care about keeping that pure, who do not care about fair or unfair, and who kind humor in screwing other people out of what they might otherwise legitimately deserve. It sucks, and I understand how that could lead you to feel such frustration.

It's impossible to know what BW does or doesn't do in addressing such instances, and this provides them with plausible deniability. Even were they successful in removing this one individual, it would not leave rating spotless. There's too much win-trading, cheating, throwers, and class imbalance for that.

No one really holds rating in regard anymore save for those few names at the top, who in many cases, got those places in the first place using those same under-handed methods.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

VIZIOO
12.06.2017 , 02:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
I think it would be best if people just accepted that rating in this game is not an indication of skill or personal success, there are too many people who do not care about keeping that pure, who do not care about fair or unfair, and who kind humor in screwing other people out of what they might otherwise legitimately deserve. It sucks, and I understand how that could lead you to feel such frustration.

It's impossible to know what BW does or doesn't do in addressing such instances, and this provides them with plausible deniability. Even were they successful in removing this one individual, it would not leave rating spotless. There's too much win-trading, cheating, throwers, and class imbalance for that.

No one really holds rating in regard anymore save for those few names at the top, who in many cases, got those places in the first place using those same under-handed methods.
Couldn't agree more.. Bioware needs to find other methods of rewarding player and eliminate The Leaderboard in it entirety, since is not a legit method to measure anyone success.. Players success should be measure on number of medals/tokens accumulate, games play, number of player defeated, and MvP votes, among other things..that will give a sense a legitimacy to the game.. Bioware needs to stop rewarding Trolls.

Lundorff
12.07.2017 , 02:15 AM | #6

That is given up. Then you might as well stop with a ranked concept altogether. Besides, as has been pointed out to me, it's mostly a question about number of matches played, as these variable will even themselves out over time. The only truly skewed issue is queue syncs, as you can never benefit from those as a solo player.

That being said, I would obviously prefer to have action taken by admins or player-mods. Players with limited abilities to escalate issues and possible to observe and nullify broken matches (throwers, queue syncs, toxic people etc.). Yes it could be abused, but it would still be better than doing nothing.

Lundorff
12.11.2017 , 02:22 PM | #7
He is back again. I saw he was online, but risked a queue anyway. Sure enough he was there, but on the other team. I tried to convince our tank to sit out, but it became a dumb 4 vs 3 match. Guess I should have sat out myself. Oh how I wish I could reset / stop / nullify such a match.

I have reported him before and yet again tonight, and If this doesn't get him banned, then yes, we might as well pack up pvp in this game and call it a failed experiment

CaptRogue
12.11.2017 , 02:50 PM | #8
Wait, why are you even queuing Solo?
It's bugged so that you're not getting anything. (The ranking might even be down as they hadn't updated the leaderboards since Nov.)
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

xChAoTiXx
12.11.2017 , 03:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
Couldn't agree more.. Bioware needs to find other methods of rewarding player and eliminate The Leaderboard in it entirety, since is not a legit method to measure anyone success.. Players success should be measure on number of medals/tokens accumulate, games play, number of player defeated, and MvP votes, among other things..that will give a sense a legitimacy to the game.. Bioware needs to stop rewarding Trolls.
Id personally think it might be a good idea to give a player his rating depneding on how many total wins he has... not taking losses into account... maybe not the best system.. but it would be a bit more fair then
Elite Warlord Aby'zz
Diehard Operative
<Force Leech my Banana>

Rafiknoll
12.11.2017 , 05:44 PM | #10
The ranked system sure intoxicates society (and people who play ranked and then read "Ender's Shadow" sometimes even get insulted by the almost direct reference to how does the leaderboard make you a scumbag), but this is the reason you can choose to take your own rating dead seriously, or not too. However, before a wrong conclusion is taken as one can control only himself, you can't bring any harm to the rank of others, because they might take their rating seriously even if you don't.

As for the main probIem, I think the solution is very simple:
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Doesn't work in ranked.
BioWare, add 1 damn code line and make ignores work in ranked (or better: PVP in general, and GSF while at it. No sense putting you in a group with someone who you won't hear, and in things bigger than ranked you might not even notice he is there until you miss a called inc...)