Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.6 ... about the number of WZs I can stomach a week now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5.6 ... about the number of WZs I can stomach a week now

Turn-XGundam
12.05.2017 , 11:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Why do Maraís ever have to be weak? Why canít they just be balanced? You are basically saying a class should have its turn being weak, and that is bad for the game as a whole. No class should ever be weak. Maybe Maraís are just easier to balance than other classes or they are a favourite of the Devs.

Maybe the reason Maraís seem strong all the time is people have played them longer and have more experience on them because they havenít been nerfed into the ground constantly like many other classes have over the years.

You are also seeing more of them because the Fury Mara is the natural melee deterrent to snipers. The more snipers, the more Maraís. The reason we saw an increase in snipers to start with is because they are the natural deterrent to Mercs. But Mercs have been nerfed and now we have an abundance of snipers what know how to play. Which is why we have more Maraís.
snipers countering mercs lol good joke. that nerf was a slap on the wrist to mercs.
maras have always been strong, class balance in this game has been terrible since the launch. yes they are favored by devs, which is never a good thing

lets talk about bad or mediocre classes, sorc dps/pts all specs/ juggs/ops. these classes under-perform

Schoock
12.06.2017 , 02:13 PM | #12
You arenít seeing snipers?? Wow 😮, what server are you on?
It's in my sig.

You don't see a kidside group without at least 4 sent/guardians. You just don't. Imperials have more merc/sniper, but not an outstandingly lot. I dare to say there are at least as many Assassins as Snipers.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Schoock
12.06.2017 , 02:20 PM | #13
Maybe the reason Maraís seem strong all the time is people have played them longer and have more experience on them because they havenít been nerfed into the ground constantly like many other classes have over the years.
Yes, it must be that Marauders are all played by exceptionally skilled long-time players. Everything else is played by noobs that have no clue.

You are also seeing more of them because the Fury Mara is the natural melee deterrent to snipers. The more snipers, the more Maraís. The reason we saw an increase in snipers to start with is because they are the natural deterrent to Mercs. But Mercs have been nerfed and now we have an abundance of snipers what know how to play. Which is why we have more Maraís.
Maras aren't just "the natural melee deterrent to snipers", Fury is the most OP spec you have in the game, bar none.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

WickedGonzo
12.06.2017 , 02:20 PM | #14
You arenít seeing snipers?? Wow 😮, what server are you on?

The classes I see the most of -
Snipers
Operatives (see more to counter the Maraís)
Maraís (see more to counter the snipers)
Sins (see more to counter the operatives)
Juggs (see more to stand up to the stealths)
Sorcs (healers)

MM Snipers are unfortunately becoming the go to FOTM class. Which is a shame because I like my sniper, but despise playing FOTM.

I see the occasional PT and a few Mercs, not many Sorc dps.
Sniper fotm? What the **** are you saying lmfao snipers are trash now without shield. They're good in the right hands, as always, and do immense damage if left alone to freecast, but tunnel them and they're dead in 1 min tops.

Wimbleton
12.06.2017 , 05:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedGonzo View Post
Sniper fotm? What the **** are you saying lmfao snipers are trash now without shield. They're good in the right hands, as always, and do immense damage if left alone to freecast, but tunnel them and they're dead in 1 min tops.
Iím not sure we play the same game.... But, tbh, you said it yourself; surviving focus for a whole minute is absolutely huge.

Turn-XGundam
12.06.2017 , 08:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Iím not sure we play the same game.... But, tbh, you said it yourself; surviving focus for a whole minute is absolutely huge.
mercs die to as well under pressure they just dont blow up instantly like snipers do.

about 2-3 weeks ago in a ranked match, our 100% balanced mara clapped opposing the sniper during the 2nd round in what seemed to be 10-25 secs.

i blinked my eyes and the dude was dead, couldn't believe how fast he fell.

Wimbleton
12.08.2017 , 03:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
mercs die to as well under pressure they just dont blow up instantly like snipers do.

about 2-3 weeks ago in a ranked match, our 100% balanced mara clapped opposing the sniper during the 2nd round in what seemed to be 10-25 secs.

i blinked my eyes and the dude was dead, couldn't believe how fast he fell.
Well hopefully they'll buff sniper and merc DCDs soon so the poor gaiz won't die so quick.

teclado
12.08.2017 , 04:19 PM | #18
I agree with OP. I run maybe 5-6 warzones per week, takes me 2-3 weeks to finish the weekly. I almost have my main (Mara) in full 248 now - missing 4 pieces. The slow gearing definitely put me off and made me play less, which made the gearing even slower. The current state of balance makes the game not fun. I used to enjoy playing a variety of classes and specs, but the current combination of poor balance and slow gearing makes me sometimes log in, beat on my training dummy for a few minutes while trying to work up the will to queue, then simply logging out. It's just not that fun right now.

I used to run ops a fair amount, but I think I'm burnt out. I really don't feel like having to go through the mess of re-balancing my gear stats for PVE and vice versa. I know from experience that the optimal PVE stats are most certainly not optimal for PVP. This whole "one size fits all" notion is bogus. So I just run a few warzones per week with my pvp gear set optimization, and that's all I do. I spent the early parts of 5.0 arguing with people about how we still need two gear sets, some vehement deniers of that. My personal experimentation tells me otherwise.

Oh and of course my ping is now double what it used to be, due to the east coast server move. Sometimes I wonder if it's a lag spike or if I really am rooted. It's definitely a worse experience at 120ms typical, 250+ spikes.

On the plus side, I've been reading, running, and hitting the gym a lot more than I used to, so I suppose I should thank BW for making the game so boring.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

DeadDogBarking
12.10.2017 , 09:23 PM | #19
I play what is fun and what is OP.
I have always loved Merc and was moderate decent as a solo, but I had to become a sniper a few years back to have the same basic function but be a benefit to a team. Sniper got nerfed, but now both are now in the tops.

I can not play a mara or sin unless it is solo and ftm. That is just me.

I have learned Juggs and PT when they were FOTM and will probably keep with Juggs.

I could care less about wearing a skirt and playing a sorc in this game. It is just me. If I had to heal it would probably be on a Merc unless it was a team and I was voted to. I really need to spend some time as heals and tank.

Mercs juggs and snipers are what are fun for me, and sooner or later one will be at top. I do love playing DCDs and being able to change game movement at that time.

I do recommend getting to know other specs especially if they are in the top tier, This makes playing favorites easier.
Class change and balance is a never ending family feud.
Every sibling demands individualized treatment and gifts, but then they always complain and compare it to what their brothers and sisters received.

Alssaran
12.12.2017 , 12:57 AM | #20
Quote:
Yes, it must be that Marauders are all played by exceptionally skilled long-time players. Everything else is played by noobs that have no clue.
Not what she said, and not even what was implied at all. Marauder and Sentinel have been the "jack of all trades, master of none" thing for a while. They are not exceptionally strong, espescially since they lost some burst window DPS due to the ferocity change in favour of more reliable mechanics a few weeks ago, but they aren't as weak as DPS guardians/juggernauts and Vanguard/PT either. They are very much the "guy in the middle" thing.

That means people who main Marauder and Sentinel don't really get that much of a reason to change. They are never "too weak" for PvP, and thus they don't need to change. That means most Sentinels and Marauders you see are probably mains or well-played alts. The chances to meet a sniper or mercenary who is just re-rolling for the FOTM are much higher than meeting a Marauder who is doing just that. It can create the illusion that the class is OP when it beats the current FOTM, but it's really just a matter of their players being used to even the fine nuances of the class as compared to a reroller.

Anyway, I do agree with the OP. Whoever does balancing at Bioware seriously needs to step back a litle and evaluate his decisions. There's tons of stuff we could argue was "meh", but whoever had the idea of taking away the 30% DR during stuns from sins and shadows was drunk or high. It made them into a burst victim. Until your resolve kicks in, you're either dead or a few percentage points away from dying. They have very few good DCD as DPS, and now even their DR is gone.

If I have helped you, then you could click this link to help me!
A single spark of hope can re-ignite the fires of freedom.