Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market Character customization Pack - I have a problem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Cartel Market Character customization Pack - I have a problem

DefiantOutcast
12.05.2017 , 03:51 PM | #1
I recently started playing and became a subscriber. Really enjoy the content of the game, but this one issue is bothering me. I purchased one of the cartel market's appearance customization packs, under the impression I could utilize all of it's content during character customization. Imagine my surprise when I only have access to a select few items from the pack. However, when I go to the appearance changer kiosk I have access to all of the items only I have to pay more money to utilize the options I already paid for. Can someone enlighten me on this? Is it a hiccup in the game or is it really supposed to be like that?

CrazyScruffy
12.05.2017 , 04:08 PM | #2
there is more then one pack on the market, and have different customizations in them. that is why there are many more options available at the terminal. And yes you did "buy" the customizations, but you still have to pay to change your look. the more expensive options (220cc or 240cc whatever it is) is ones you have not bought and unlocked, so youre paying for both the item, and change

DefiantOutcast
12.05.2017 , 06:49 PM | #3
But that's just it, I bought the pack that "unlocks" a good number of the one's that are typically locked. It's called "Appearance Selections: Expanded Options" and it even says, "Appearance can be used in Appearance Designer and Character Creation. So why is it that I don't have access to these options in the character creation, but only in the Appearance Designer? That seems kind of shifty to me. I paid for the options to use in character creation, not spend more money to change my character's appearance AFTER I've made them.

SteveTheCynic
12.06.2017 , 05:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DefiantOutcast View Post
But that's just it, I bought the pack that "unlocks" a good number of the one's that are typically locked. It's called "Appearance Selections: Expanded Options" and it even says, "Appearance can be used in Appearance Designer and Character Creation. So why is it that I don't have access to these options in the character creation, but only in the Appearance Designer? That seems kind of shifty to me. I paid for the options to use in character creation, not spend more money to change my character's appearance AFTER I've made them.
Here's how it works:
* Select the item in the Cartel Market and press Buy.
* Press Claim All to get the item out of the Cartel Market into your inventory.
* (Missed step) Use the item (right-click in your open inventory) to apply the unlock to your whole account.
* Go to the Appearance Designer or the Character Creation screen and go to town!

Sounds like you did the first two steps and skipped the third. Cartel Market unlocks only unlock the things they are for if you use them. Simply owning them is not enough.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

DefiantOutcast
12.06.2017 , 07:26 AM | #5
I did all three of those steps and then went into the character creator. I'm seriously confused. I have access to one new eye color and two hairstyles in character creation depending on the race, when I should have a larger variety to access. I don't know if maybe something bugged out? I'm unsure as to how to fix this problem.

SteveTheCynic
12.06.2017 , 08:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DefiantOutcast View Post
I did all three of those steps and then went into the character creator. I'm seriously confused. I have access to one new eye color and two hairstyles in character creation depending on the race, when I should have a larger variety to access. I don't know if maybe something bugged out? I'm unsure as to how to fix this problem.
Try with a female character - the new makeup styles and some of the new hair styles are for women only.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

DefiantOutcast
12.06.2017 , 12:42 PM | #7
I've done everything already that you've suggested. The only development I've had recently is I went into the character appearance kiosk, paid for one of the hairstyles(that I should have already unlocked), and suddenly I have access to it in my character creation process.