Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing in Tactical FPs and Health Pack Etiquette

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Healing in Tactical FPs and Health Pack Etiquette

CheeryCola
12.02.2017 , 05:49 PM | #21
well tbh I sometimes use them as a lazy way 2 get aggro

if a bunch of adds pop then u can click kolto and mostly they come 2 attack u

I get that its annoying for ppl wanting to practice healing tho and I get why ppl r nervous about trying MM FP with the way some ppl talk in here

if ure on malgus and want 2 try healing a MM FP with a tank that's rly not going 2 rage then msg me on here or in game

most MM FPs r rly ez, just a couple 2 avoid if ure not sure

Aeneas_Falco
12.02.2017 , 07:00 PM | #22
You aren't being rude, your teammates are being inconsiderate, and yes it is annoying. If they're going to try and fill the role you queued for by spamming the kolto stations they should say so at the start of the flashpoint so at least you know not to waste heals and just DPS.

It happens for two reasons:

1. People get used to running tacticals without a healer and some get stuck in the habit of spamming the kolto station, forgetting that they don't need to now that a healer is present.

2. DPS get used to solo content that is now mind-numbingly easy, paired with healbot companions that combined with weak enemies in solo content, that results in them never dipping below 95% health. Those players now panic once they step into group content and actually lose some health for once. Not infrequently it's paired with that DPS also ignoring mechanics (ex. standing in stupid) because they don't need to pay attention to mechanics when running heroics with their healbot. "OMG! My health dropped to 93%! I better spam kolto NOW before I die! Healer, there's no time!"

tuulem
12.03.2017 , 06:55 PM | #23
As a healer I get that people click the Kolto's, they're used to doing it as soon as they break a nail.

It happens, and it always will if only because most people don't trust the roles that the vet group finder throws up simply because a lot of people don't know how / can't be bothered to change their default role when queuing.

Having said that, the thing that really pees me off... I'm a healer, I queued as a healer, I am lvl70 and geared as a healer, I have been healing your arse through bosses and trash, you're still tapping kolto's, fine, whatever....

But if a party member drops at the last boss... don't summon your goddam comp to fill a role AND KEEP IT ON HEALING MODE!

*chews table in frustration*

JediAkemi
12.03.2017 , 07:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
But if a party member drops at the last boss... don't summon your goddam comp to fill a role AND KEEP IT ON HEALING MODE!

Agreed. That's like the ultimate insult. Fortunately, that hasn't happened to me.

Aeneas_Falco
12.06.2017 , 09:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
As a healer I get that people click the Kolto's, they're used to doing it as soon as they break a nail.

It happens, and it always will if only because most people don't trust the roles that the vet group finder throws up simply because a lot of people don't know how / can't be bothered to change their default role when queuing.

Having said that, the thing that really pees me off... I'm a healer, I queued as a healer, I am lvl70 and geared as a healer, I have been healing your arse through bosses and trash, you're still tapping kolto's, fine, whatever....

If I'm on my Sage and someone dc's or drops and we use a companion as a replacement, I immediately ask them to set the companion to DPS. People have always gone along with it when I've asked, but if they didn't I would probably drop.

As annoying as kneejerk kolto spamming is, at least I can understand why that happens. It's like Pavlov's dog. The average tactical flashpoint is four DPS who need the kolto. Bringing out a healbot companion however when you have a healer in the group would just be insulting. Intended or not, you might as well be telling that healer that you don't trust him or her to do the role they queued for.

Shiyoni
12.06.2017 , 10:13 AM | #26
I don't know... when we're all DPS it annoys the crap out of me, if 1 teammember loses like 10% of the health and RUNS straight for the Kolto station, and then boss actually starts doing serious damage and all kolto stations are depleted. It sucks. When we have 1 healer on our team, there's no need for getting kolto stations, but most of the time the healer sucks and I still use medpacks, and kolto stations - I don't care if the healer will be pissed off or not. It's that persons problem.
My referral link - you'll get 1 week of subscription and preffered friends bundle - I get cartel coins.

Aeneas_Falco
12.06.2017 , 10:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiyoni View Post
I don't know... when we're all DPS it annoys the crap out of me, if 1 teammember loses like 10% of the health and RUNS straight for the Kolto station, and then boss actually starts doing serious damage and all kolto stations are depleted. It sucks. When we have 1 healer on our team, there's no need for getting kolto stations, but most of the time the healer sucks and I still use medpacks, and kolto stations - I don't care if the healer will be pissed off or not. It's that persons problem.
If your health actually gets low it makes sense to use the kolto, whether or not a healer is in the group. What usually happens however is that people drop to 90% and don't need kolto but it hit it anyway, right as the healer is hitting them with a healing ability. It both causes the healer to waste a cast and unnecessarily depletes a kolto station. Not infrequently the reason for the dip to 90% was also that the kolto-spammer ignored a mechanic.