Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

BeastBubba
11.25.2017 , 01:54 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Pain- View Post
Honestly I think it boils down to rewards. Make the rewards for doing bonus content good enough and people will do it. Hell if you added a reward to watching a cut-scene, if its good enough people would do it!

Exactly! A few hundred creds and barely more CXP than a pack of trash mobs isen't worth going out of the way to worry with a bonus. Boost it to 10k+ creds and over 1k CXP you will start seeing a lot more bonus bosses getting killed.

As for the cut scenes, as many others have said, watch that crap in story mode. If it isen't KDY you should be spacebaring. The vast majority of players have seen the FP cut scenes multiple times and have no desire to waste time waiting on you.

AlrikFassbauer
11.25.2017 , 05:12 AM | #32
I did a guild run through Athiss a few weeks ago.
Seemingly they were used so much through avouiding encounters and going "easy paths" that they just didn't know the boxes and the buff artifacts there. They were actually surprised as I was showing them one.
I told me that this is one of the sweet things of exploring everything alone (or, so manmy years ago now, with people doing a rather relaxed run, exploring everything as well, because they were as new to me to the FP as I was).
I bet that no-one of the younger generation knows the buffs in Mando Raiders.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

AbsolutGrndZero
11.29.2017 , 03:40 AM | #33
My policy (as a 5 year subscriber who was also in beta) is simple.

Ask politely if you want to spacebar/skip, and if everyone else agrees, then I'm cool with it.

However, if you make it a demand? You demand that I spacebar? You're going to be a jerk, I won't just refuse to spacebar, I'll milk every choice... make it at the last second. Is that me being a jerk? Yes, it is but when all you had to do to make me spacebar is ask politely but no you had to be a jerk... it makes me mad and when I'm mad I get mean.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

VaeVictis
11.30.2017 , 10:17 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
My policy (as a 5 year subscriber who was also in beta) is simple.

Ask politely if you want to spacebar/skip, and if everyone else agrees, then I'm cool with it.

However, if you make it a demand? You demand that I spacebar? You're going to be a jerk, I won't just refuse to spacebar, I'll milk every choice... make it at the last second. Is that me being a jerk? Yes, it is but when all you had to do to make me spacebar is ask politely but no you had to be a jerk... it makes me mad and when I'm mad I get mean.
I don't ask to spacebar I expect people to spacebar. If someone doesn't I don't make a fuss I just afk and do something else during convos and let all the choices run to max time. I may not even come back when the convo ends.

I only play Tank in PvE so gg if you vote kick me. I'll instaqueue while you wait even longer.

Kokomah
11.30.2017 , 10:52 PM | #35
The real question is why would the OP expect other players to think/act like him? Why is it so hard to understand other people motivation?

You are e new player wanting to enjoy every cut scene? Your are a completitionist? Good for you!
I have done every FP in this game more times than I would like to admit (and definitely more times than a sane person would like to). I have watched every cut scene way more times than I want to because of people who don't skip!
I do believe (completely unfounded) that completing the weekly FP quests will land you more XP/cXP than fighting every single mob/boss in a FP, therefore I prefer completing five Vet FPs for the time you will do two. I got 20+ chars and all they need some love, and I don't have all day and night to play. And yeah, I simply prefer fast paced FP runs!
This is my motivation. And no, I am not from the "new" generation. My little daughter classmates are the new generation.

You want to watch cutscenes slowing me and (eventually) two more players down? You want to pull every mob in a FP or you cant follow the lead? You get either a kick or an ignore, or both, whatever works best for the group. Or, in some rare and strange cases, I get a kick for being "toxic" and you still get an ignore. There is nothing wrong with that. Ignoring people that doesn't fit your play style means you get better chances to group with like minded people.

I hope now you got better understanding why some people are skipping.
Successful Jedi hunting requires patience. Luck is not required.

merovejec
12.01.2017 , 01:39 AM | #36
Well now in Copero pugs will definitely skip the bonus boss if they even make it past second boss.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

LeelaSeventen
12.06.2017 , 07:55 AM | #37
I always feel like I am missing things when I do group FP (unless it is with my guild) or any group content.

I didn't even know there was boosts in the FP's.

Though I wouldn't mind skipping things in the new FP. THat is just way too long and too hard for a solo player.

AlrikFassbauer
12.10.2017 , 06:59 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LeelaSeventen View Post
I didn't even know there was boosts in the FP's.
Only in the early ones. Younger FPs don't have any mechanisms that include crew / crafting abilities.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

AbsolutGrndZero
12.17.2017 , 08:05 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokomah View Post
The real question is why would the OP expect other players to think/act like him? Why is it so hard to understand other people motivation?

You are e new player wanting to enjoy every cut scene? Your are a completitionist? Good for you!
I have done every FP in this game more times than I would like to admit (and definitely more times than a sane person would like to). I have watched every cut scene way more times than I want to because of people who don't skip!
I do believe (completely unfounded) that completing the weekly FP quests will land you more XP/cXP than fighting every single mob/boss in a FP, therefore I prefer completing five Vet FPs for the time you will do two. I got 20+ chars and all they need some love, and I don't have all day and night to play. And yeah, I simply prefer fast paced FP runs!
This is my motivation. And no, I am not from the "new" generation. My little daughter classmates are the new generation.

You want to watch cutscenes slowing me and (eventually) two more players down? You want to pull every mob in a FP or you cant follow the lead? You get either a kick or an ignore, or both, whatever works best for the group. Or, in some rare and strange cases, I get a kick for being "toxic" and you still get an ignore. There is nothing wrong with that. Ignoring people that doesn't fit your play style means you get better chances to group with like minded people.

I hope now you got better understanding why some people are skipping.
Yea, what server(s) do you play on and what are your character's names? Let's just take care of this right now.

I'm half-joking, but what I'm saying is if you can't calmly discuss what's best for everyone and reach a compromise, then yea maybe you do need to kick the odd man out, but on the other hand, with the exception of a few FP, the cutscenes really aren't that long and the bonus bosses are simple and give you more XP/CP. Either way, a simple discussion and compromise is far better and doesn't risk showing a new player that the Star Wars Old Republic community are a bunch of ******es. I know we aren't, but I do have friends that have managed to get into a few bad flashpoints and quit the game because of it. The "veterans" were complete ******es to them.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

psandak
12.17.2017 , 08:59 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yea, what server(s) do you play on and what are your character's names? Let's just take care of this right now.

I'm half-joking, but what I'm saying is if you can't calmly discuss what's best for everyone and reach a compromise, then yea maybe you do need to kick the odd man out, but on the other hand, with the exception of a few FP, the cutscenes really aren't that long and the bonus bosses are simple and give you more XP/CP. Either way, a simple discussion and compromise is far better and doesn't risk showing a new player that the Star Wars Old Republic community are a bunch of ******es. I know we aren't, but I do have friends that have managed to get into a few bad flashpoints and quit the game because of it. The "veterans" were complete ******es to them.
Simple yes, short no. The issue is not the bonus boss itself but the requirements to unlock it and the time it takes to reach those requirements. And most of the time, the time it takes to reach the requirements and defeating the bonus boss would be better served - AKA more (C)XP - running a second FP.

And yes, most FPs have *A* cutscene that is not terribly long, so I have no problem waiting in those cases; the only time I have an issue (and I have said this before) is Ess/BT because there is SO much story to those two FPs. D7 is a close second, and in those cases I state up front, "if you want to watch the cutscenes say so and I will leave, otherwise please space bar."
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date