Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IanArgent
12.03.2017 , 09:41 AM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
So once there is no old assets to use, will there be any new content? Can we look forward to two months of minimal communication and falling subs as it appears to all but the most loyal fans that there is nothing to stick around for?
I've seen rumors that everything up through SoR was, in large part, derived from and used assets developed during the pre-launch phase of SWTOR. So reuse/recycle would appear to be in the SWTOR DNA.

"Story" (as in the single-player content) is cheap in money and effort to develop, though it can take a decent amount of time to generate in the fully-voice-acted mode that SWTOR is still famous for. Art (graphics, rough-tuned maps) Mechanics (including fine-tuning maps) are hard to develop and balance.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

vladimirski
12.04.2017 , 03:22 AM | #822
I like what you've done with the group finder but I really miss the holly trinity requirement.
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK

Chlorophil
12.09.2017 , 07:41 PM | #823
I was thinking twice about posting some road map feedback as I'm not sure anything will get addressed, and these things unusually get trolled or ignored, but i thought i'd give it a try as this game has so many positive memories for me. I come from the perspective of a returning player who's played since day one, but iv only really played the story content of the new expansions and usually left after completion...iv struggled to retain my interest on these expansions for some time.

So I am also of the mind that this game is limping to it's end...my feeling, despite it being said that EA and perhaps LucasArts are "happy" with the game is that no-one is willing to invest in it anymore. As long as the cartel market and sub fee's are trickling in and the game requires minimal expenditures then the execs are "happy".

Not that this is anything new, the MMO market is pretty dry right now and they cost a fortune to develop, so unless there's a serious and immediate return on investment, no one cares for MMO's right now which leaves us to make the most of what we have here and that makes me sad.

Sad that as EA controversially begins to move away from single player games and into the more lucrative multiplayer field, that SWTOR, with one of the biggest IP's at it's back and a foray of new Disney movies coming out to peak interest, continues to dwindle as it does.

The Story telling is great but there's little to no challenge anymore, what happened to the glory days of the 1-50 experience when a gold elite was a worthy challenge? I was pleased to see there was a new difficulty system since i last played, so i immediately stepped it up a notch and continued to play and was promptly nailed to the wall lol. So i set it back to Story mode where everything dies when you sneeze. I presume this was designed for top levels players and not for those grinding up? I'll admit the final fight against Vaylin was much more interesting but probably because i had no companion, it was nice to have to think about the fight and look for abilities to avoid, but a shame it was only one fight.

IMO the story is top notch, there's some solid story telling going on but the move to a single player still confuses me as much as the day it was first announced. SWTOR is a lonely place these days and as a server based game it's never going to be able to compete with a modern single player AAA+ RPG experience, yet as a server based game it can offer something that they all can't...a massively multiplayer environment, yet SWTOR does the opposite? You guys must really have no money in the bank

Additionally the combat is clunky, i can't quite put my finger on it but both player and NPC movement can feel sluggish and getting locked in place whilst an action is in progress against you. It feels like there is little mob diversity, just packs of 2-4 mobs, maybe a few more on occasion, all with similar abilities and little telegraphing or fun ways to round things up and burn them down, or abilities to look out for and interrupt.

I'll probably get flamed for this but in the case of the warrior there felt like there was allot of ability bloat, i'm fine with the amount of utility and having a choice of different abilities to use in different situations. I'm talking about multiple abilities that do pretty much that same thing. Do X damage, Do X damage over 2 seconds, Do X damage...it just feels like another button for the sake of a button, and there's doesn't seem to be a great deal of synergy between abilities either (some but not a great deal), i'm not even sure the different class specs have a solid identity, they didn't feel vastly different to play.

I have yet to try the new LFG system, i'm guessing this is like WoW's? I'll be interested to give that a go.

When i first played this game i felt like it was a solid 8 maybe 9 out of ten but these days it's feeling more like a 6ish. I'm always coming back hoping something exciting is in the works but it seems that's not the case quite yet. I'm hopeful though.

I'm still gonna play till my subs up, there's a few more features i'd like to try.

In summary I liken the new roadmap to buying a steak and fries at a restaurant, there are lots of exciting condiments and sauces in the works, but ultimately the steak is cold and the fries are dry, and no one is willing to invest in the core game because there's no immediate return in investment for the amount of money it would cost to revamp.

I'm sorry this was so negative tbh.

Anyway this is the end of my TLDR.

Best Regards.

Tsillah
12.12.2017 , 01:23 AM | #824
Dear Eric,

you guys wrote this in the roadmap:

Please note we will not introduce a new set of Tier gear for Galactic Command this year! Instead, we will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.

It seems nobody noticed this part or doesn't care and though I've raised the point a few times, there has been no answer yet. So forgive me if it feels a bit like I'm on a crusade but I really just want to know, as an altoholic, what happened with this Copero vendor?
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Tharandil
12.15.2017 , 09:24 AM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
We will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.
As far as I know there isn't a Copero Vendor, my guess would be they would put it on Odessen (next to the vendor for Umbara). I'm a bit bumped out, because I'd like to have both the complete armor sets that drop in the FP (make them legacy bound instead of BoP please) and the new Augments (they haven't dropped in the FP so far).
Prices on the GTN skyrocketed for the new (crafted) Augments so it would be nice to find an alternative way to get them.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Tsillah
12.17.2017 , 04:21 AM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
As far as I know there isn't a Copero Vendor, my guess would be they would put it on Odessen (next to the vendor for Umbara). I'm a bit bumped out, because I'd like to have both the complete armor sets that drop in the FP (make them legacy bound instead of BoP please) and the new Augments (they haven't dropped in the FP so far).
Prices on the GTN skyrocketed for the new (crafted) Augments so it would be nice to find an alternative way to get them.
Oh I'm very aware that this vendor isn't there, but they said there would be one in their roadmap so I'd like to know what gives...

And yeh, with prices what they are and having 24 level 70s, I also would like an alternative and I don't need BiS on all toons but I'd like to be able to give them all some new augments. I mean gearing has been made a drag now with basically GF last boss runs and ranked warzone farming being the best ways to get gear. It's maximum output for crates, UCs and the rare new mats.

But easy as it is, it's also very boring.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Sydnesias
12.17.2017 , 09:24 AM | #827
I await the continuation of Traitor's story. Time goes on for so long.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GXkQTW Use my referral link to have some bonuses

Jesira
12.18.2017 , 09:33 AM | #828
I'm sincerely hoping an expansion is on it's way. Community morale is hitting the low point that it always hits between expansions.

I love this game, and have played it on and off since it launched. I want to see it go on for a very long time with continued support and high quality updates. My favorite thing is the storytelling, I couldn't imagine playing a Star Wars game without a huge emphasis on story, and connecting with characters, with player agency involved in the narrative in the BioWare style, because to me that has been a lot of what Star Wars is about. The characters, the choices made by them, and their relationships with one another.

That being said, the current updates are not adequate, it's 1 hour or less worth of story content, and then you're done with the entire update, and you're back to waiting for 2-3 months. In Guild Wars 2, their updates take several hours to complete, and the story is always coupled with new side-content to play, such as gaining achievements, etc, combined with new areas and repeatable content outside of the story that make the game feel more alive.

I loved the expansion, and how story was delivered with a large quantity of the chapters at release, I would love to see that continue going forward, but for post-launch updates, there needs to be more than just 1 short chapter that takes place in a flashpoint. There's nothing to explore, no achievements to track and chase after, nothing to really keep you in the game after you've completed the flashpoint.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

Thaladan
12.21.2017 , 12:57 AM | #829
we're in winter guys...time to give some concrete roadmap for 2018.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

tashamille
12.21.2017 , 06:13 PM | #830
I like your plan and I already had time to try out all the novelties specified in the chart. I can not wait to meet with the SWTOR new 2018 year, and I very much hope that in next year we will see a new story arc unfolded, as in kotet and kotfe (it was sooo amazing experiense, i hope to see more in future and I can wait as long as I need, just do it! Please ) multiplayer is fine, but the world of sw, lore, exciting story - that's what attracts fans in this franchise. and I'm like a wild fan of star wars, I belong to them, cant wait to see again a new great story arc... killing Alliance is a good idea, and maybe we can see old companions again, and maybe you can add new role to Arcann and other... uh-oh, stop me please
just do your job, we have a great faith in you guys!
I wish you all the best!