Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

psandak
11.11.2017 , 01:13 PM | #91
Czerka Labs MM - started off with Guardian tank, Guardian DPS (geared as tank ) and slinger. First boss did not go so well - enrage at 30%. Tank who was in fact assigned to be the tank, insulted the group and rage quit. I am group leader so I queue for replacement. Shortly thereafter the guardian DPS/tank realized he queued as DPS, and then the slinger left. but right away we got another Guardian tank.

The new tank breaks out a DPS comp and says lets go. Honestly, I'm skeptical and say so, but as a scoundrel I can save repair bills by stealthing out, so we go for it. And we down the droid boss easy. I state that I am flabberghasted and admit when I am wrong (it did not hurt that the companion was not affected by any damage from the droid). We move on and the only glitch is that the comp gets one shot once on the second boss.

Good job to both "tanks". We all knew what we were doing and it was fun to 3man (+comp) a MMFP.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

viernedeuxieme
11.12.2017 , 08:05 PM | #92
Did Corruptor Zero at the Dread Fortress yesterday with 5 of us (Star Forge) after some people left (pug). Everybody was a champ but we had to call it quits when we couldn't take the next trash mob. Kudos guys if you see this!
- your sorc healer

Alora_Cabal
11.14.2017 , 05:17 PM | #93
Queued Vet FP groupfinder on my Mara main and get an all Mara group for The Foundry. Even as a Mara main I know there are a lot of...special Marauder's out there so had some misgivings but decided to give it a try. We predated, obfuscated, undying raged, and super dpsed our way through everything. No derps, just a lot of fun! Thanks for the run guys!

psandak
11.19.2017 , 11:30 AM | #94
Yet another one...starting to be a trend

MM Taral V. as the tank and therefore the de facto "leader" I asked the question at the start: Bonus or not? We decided to do the bonus. Everyone in the group was efficient, and knew what they were doing. Not only did we kill the bonus boss but we did ALL bosses. at the first cut scene someone asked to "space bar please" and we all skipped the cutscenes.

basically we were all on the same page and it was a wonderful experience.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Hudlar
11.21.2017 , 01:30 AM | #95
Other than a little ad hoc grouping for Heroics and dailies, I'm mostly a solo player. However, I had pretty good luck with Group Finder during the DvL event last summer, so I decided to try it again to get Darth Hexid. I just ran 3 Veteran FPs in 3 days (Battle of Rishi, Boarding Party, Czerka Corporate Labs). Everyone was helpful and patient in chat (or else completely silent ), and we made it through all 3 flashpoints with only a few minor setbacks. Thanks, random Star Forge Group Finder teams!

Tharandil
11.22.2017 , 11:49 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Yet another one...starting to be a trend

MM Taral V. as the tank and therefore the de facto "leader" I asked the question at the start: Bonus or not? We decided to do the bonus. Everyone in the group was efficient, and knew what they were doing. Not only did we kill the bonus boss but we did ALL bosses. at the first cut scene someone asked to "space bar please" and we all skipped the cutscenes.

basically we were all on the same page and it was a wonderful experience.
Gosh I love those runs. Im always a bit worried when it comes to more tactical FPs and low level people. Mostly because of a lack of rotations in their part that makes a fight especially challenging.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Iymurra
11.24.2017 , 05:16 AM | #97
Got a story to share.

Ran a MM Assault on Tython... just a little bit ago actually. Zoned in on my IO Merc and found that our comp was a PT Tank, Arsenal Merc, IO Merc & Bodyguard Merc. Was thinking we could have a little fun but as they are wont to do in MM AoT, the healer immediately dropped group.

Managed to convince the remaining Merc & PT that we could easily 3man the first boss. Did so (had to waste a B-Rez on Nico though cause I screwed up his positioning but eh, boss died)

We moved on through, got a replacement healer mid second boss, ended up resetting to help the healer get to us (we'd skipped the flesh raider and he'd thought we'd killed it) and killed the second boss as well. Got the bonus boss down and then we hit a brick wall on the final boss.

Sorc healer just couldn't keep up with all the outgoing damage and we ended up all dead after the first shield/debris phase. We regrouped and tried again. Same result.
Having learned the definition of insanity we tried with two heals, myself as dps & the PT still tanking. Same result.
Tried a couple more times before I gave in and offered to heal. The other fellows didn't have field respec though so the final fight with Traless took us 8 minutes with a tank & 3 healers but we finally managed to kick his ***.

Shout out to that PT tank for being a good sport and sticking through the FP though we ended up extending the duration significantly.

(Side Note: Why do heals/tanks drop out of AoT on zone in? its really not that bad. I've run that entire MM FP in 5.0 as a light & medium armor duo)

Seireeni
11.24.2017 , 04:38 PM | #98
You're not gonna believe this.

I just had a run of veteran Korriban Incursion where
...people let tank pull
...everyone skipped every mob we wanted to skip without pulling anything extra
...dps followed the kill order and aoed when they were supposed to aoe
...tank held aggro, even on mobs, and gathered enemies for dps aoes
...and, believe or not, people DID NOT RUN TO THE DAMN KOLTO STATION AS SOON AS THEY TOOK DAMAGE. Instead, they let me heal it.

I mean, it's Korriban Incursion. You're gonna take damage there. One dps was bad at avoiding stupid in second boss and constantly dropped to 20% in that phase until I learned to position myself near enough to where I knew he was gonna run. First time he did this, someone pressed the kolto, but each and every time after that, I actually got to heal them!!! I was not forced to play ineffective dps!
I can't believe saying this, but I actually had loads of fun healing this veteran fp. Usually I loathe veteran fps.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Haooll
11.24.2017 , 05:08 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
You're not gonna believe this.

I just had a run of veteran Korriban Incursion where
...people let tank pull
...everyone skipped every mob we wanted to skip without pulling anything extra
...dps followed the kill order and aoed when they were supposed to aoe
...tank held aggro, even on mobs, and gathered enemies for dps aoes
...and, believe or not, people DID NOT RUN TO THE DAMN KOLTO STATION AS SOON AS THEY TOOK DAMAGE. Instead, they let me heal it.

I mean, it's Korriban Incursion. You're gonna take damage there. One dps was bad at avoiding stupid in second boss and constantly dropped to 20% in that phase until I learned to position myself near enough to where I knew he was gonna run. First time he did this, someone pressed the kolto, but each and every time after that, I actually got to heal them!!! I was not forced to play ineffective dps!
I can't believe saying this, but I actually had loads of fun healing this veteran fp. Usually I loathe veteran fps.
you're right I don't believe you ... just because it's Black Friday doesn't mean I'm going to buy this tall tale
kudos to the group for being sane

Sundown
12.04.2017 , 01:00 AM | #100
Had a great run on my lvl 15 Mara: we got Rakata and in group were two other lowbies and a 70, all DPS. We really had issues at the final battle, as my char basically lacked all resources required to support the team in combat, but everyone continued until we finally managed to down them by me just running from kolto to kolto waiting for the last possible moment to use it.

Thanks for the great run!