Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Known Issues: Game Update 5.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Known Issues: Game Update 5.6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xina_LA
11.29.2017 , 10:54 AM | #101
Wasn't there supposed to be a change addressing Cartel Certificates? Is that for a later update?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

EricMusco
11.29.2017 , 03:30 PM | #102 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

One more addition to the list. Shortly after launching 5.6 an exploit was brought to our attention. It allowed players to buy companion gifts for free and then sell them back to the vendor for credits. Allowing them to gain a large quantity of credits very quickly. We are investigating this exploit and will be taking appropriate action against individuals who abused it.

We were able to make a quick-fix to the issue without taking the servers down, but it created a bug we will be addressing in the future. Here is the new known issue:
  • The vendor Tahoota on the Imperial Fleet is selling various companion gifts that do not list a purchase price (but they do have one). When purchased, they can be bought for cheaper than is intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BenKatarn
11.29.2017 , 03:36 PM | #103
I would hope you not only sanction players who made enormous amounts of money this way, but also used them to boost up companions.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Raveon
11.29.2017 , 03:38 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

One more addition to the list. Shortly after launching 5.6 an exploit was brought to our attention. It allowed players to buy companion gifts for free and then sell them back to the vendor for credits. Allowing them to gain a large quantity of credits very quickly. We are investigating this exploit and will be taking appropriate action against individuals who abused it.

We were able to make a quick-fix to the issue without taking the servers down, but it created a bug we will be addressing in the future. Here is the new known issue:
  • The vendor Tahoota on the Imperial Fleet is selling various companion gifts that do not list a purchase price (but they do have one). When purchased, they can be bought for cheaper than is intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
So just to clarify that last part about the companion gifts still being cheaper than intended; is it ok to buy them without being flagged as needing a ban-hammer used on our account in the future?...

May the force serve you well
Twitter Referral Link

EricMusco
11.29.2017 , 03:41 PM | #105 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Raveon View Post
So just to clarify that last part about the companion gifts still being cheaper than intended; is it ok to buy them without being flagged as needing a ban-hammer used on our account in the future?...
Oh! Yes, purchasing the cheap companion gifts is 100% fine. It was purchasing the free ones that was the problem.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Renata_Roselli
11.29.2017 , 03:42 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Raveon View Post
You can still buy them, you can't re-sell them back to the vendor. Re-selling them back to the vendor is the problem. You are making more money re-selling the item back then you did spending money to purchase it.

Schoock
11.29.2017 , 03:50 PM | #107
Oh! Yes, purchasing the cheap companion gifts is 100% fine. It was purchasing the free ones that was the problem.

-eric
Aren't you, by any chance, considering keeping them at these prices?
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Eiodo
11.29.2017 , 03:54 PM | #108
Ok so, I want to be the first to admit that I did utilize this bug. however in my defense (if it can even be considered a defense) I assumed it was a limited time reward thing- and not once did it cross my mind that it was a bug until hours later when I checked the dev tracker (because I like to be up to date) and realized that my assumption was indeed a fatal error in judgement. To be fair= you guys do spoil us a lot and I didn't see or understand the wrong doing. In all my years of mmorpging, ive never actually encountered a bug considering developers are almost, in my experience, on top of things before releasing patches to the public.

I simply thought this was a limited "catch your new companion up" thing

I don't wish to be banned or punished harshly for my naivety - ive been playing for a few years and have invested heavily (time and finances) into this game and my legacy- and I want to come forward instead of pretending I didn't do anything. Knowing now that this was a immersion breaking bug I realize that I cheated when that was never my intention.

please if possible- email me so we can communicate a way to fix this.

LordTurin
11.29.2017 , 04:11 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Eiodo View Post
Ok so, I want to be the first to admit that I did utilize this bug. however in my defense (if it can even be considered a defense) I assumed it was a limited time reward thing- and not once did it cross my mind that it was a bug until hours later when I checked the dev tracker (because I like to be up to date) and realized that my assumption was indeed a fatal error in judgement. To be fair= you guys do spoil us a lot and I didn't see or understand the wrong doing. In all my years of mmorpging, ive never actually encountered a bug considering developers are almost, in my experience, on top of things before releasing patches to the public.

I simply thought this was a limited "catch your new companion up" thing

I don't wish to be banned or punished harshly for my naivety - ive been playing for a few years and have invested heavily (time and finances) into this game and my legacy- and I want to come forward instead of pretending I didn't do anything. Knowing now that this was a immersion breaking bug I realize that I cheated when that was never my intention.

please if possible- email me so we can communicate a way to fix this.
Send a private message to Keith and Eric.
Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Isilout - Commando
A day may come, when BW forces us to learn IO. But it is not this day!
This day, we Arsenal! - Aragorn, Return of the King
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

bbjbkbjdb
11.29.2017 , 04:20 PM | #110

-eric
nice thank you lets us get our new comp to 50 at a cheaper cost but still paying I like that thank you