Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drakolich's Ship builds

RickDagles
11.28.2017 , 09:42 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
Your math is a little off, and Reinforced is actually better then you're giving it credit for here. With Mastered Reinforced armor a Strikefighter has 1830 Hull not 1647. You likely used the Dulfy calculator to get your numbers and Reinforced is bugged on it so that it doesn't take any upgrades into account.

You are very correct that vs missiles Reinforced is much more useful then Lightweight I just find it very easy to avoid missiles currently and find most of my damage coming from Railguns.
Yep I was using Dulfy for the numbers. Yes the take home point is that reinforced armor means you can eat 2 protorps whereas you can't do that with lightweight armor.

I agree that lightweight is good. I just find reinforced armor is better for my playstyle. If I'm against a bunch of gunships I'll probably switch to T1 strike, T2 scout, or T1 GS anyways.

Correct math:

T2/T3 Strike: 1830 reinforced armor hull +308 hydrospanner = 2138 hull HP
Upgraded proton: 1050 hull damage x 2 = 2100 hull damage

So if no one has tapped you with any other shield piercing or EMP AoE then you may survive 2 protorps with just one hydrospanner. You're probably better off playing it a bit safe for 40 seconds to get the 2nd hydro.

HeavyarmsZero
02.08.2018 , 06:33 PM | #52
Hey quick question. I noticed that your are using reinforced armor on everything but your Blackbolt/Novadive and not on the Sting.

Just wondering why you prefer light armor on teh BB/ND build and also if you think Reinforced is better for the Sting for dog fighing

Drakkolich
02.08.2018 , 07:33 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavyarmsZero View Post
Hey quick question. I noticed that your are using reinforced armor on everything but your Blackbolt/Novadive and not on the Sting.

Just wondering why you prefer light armor on teh BB/ND build and also if you think Reinforced is better for the Sting for dog fighing
There are plenty of other ships not using Reinforced armor.

I'm assuming you just looked at the Scouts though.

The Blackbolt/Novadive build is a Death match only build designed to "Paint" enemy targets for your teams Proton users as well as give huge accuracy debuffs to the enemy Gunships. Because the ship has 2 and a 1/2 missile breaks it is a very difficult ship to kill with Missiles, because of this most of your damage will come from Railguns and/or Blasters. Evasion is the best counter to this type of damage which is why I chose Lightweight here.

The Sting/Flashfire build is for Domination, what I found was that much of my damage taken was coming from AoE damage that was going directly to hull. So to help compensate for this to give me more staying power on the nodes I added Reinforced armor and Hydrospanner. Losing out on the 9% Evasion does hurt vs Gunships sniping you from off the node but there seems to be less and less Gunships in Domination these days so it feels like the right call currently.

I hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions if you'd like something else explained.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Drakkolich
03.12.2018 , 04:26 PM | #54
Updates to my ship builds.

Starguard/Rycer

Changed Rapidfire Laser Cannon to Quad Laser Cannon.

Mangler/Quarrel

Changed Tier 5 Talent on Ion Railgun to Slower Regeneration
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream