Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxxycandy's Avatar


foxxycandy
11.27.2017 , 11:04 AM | #81
Y'all needa stop jynxing it ;-;

Macetheace's Avatar


Macetheace
11.27.2017 , 12:32 PM | #82
Hmm.. well Eric's already posted today, so he's at work -- Eric, can we expect to begin our new lives tomorrow with the trnasfers back up?
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.27.2017 , 12:46 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
So has Eric confirmed yet whether transfers are going to be available tomorrow? And are things like our settings, legacy banks etc going to move with us? any new modifications to the transfer policy system?
They have stated repeatedly that the way the server merges took place (combining legacies/moving legacy bank contents/etc) is not the same process as character transfers. They could only do it this way in the server merges because the old server did not remain with the same legacy and items intact. If they made transfers work like the merges did, people would just be duplicating their legacy bank inventories across multiple servers without actually having earned any of those items on said server. It's akin to "duping" and won't ever work that way.

Now, finding a way for a character to retain their individual UI and more importantly, the outfit and customization slots that you paid to unlock on the home server in a character transfer would be amazing, but there has been no indication that they are able to make this change, and all indications that the process will remain exactly the same as it was before.

The only changes you can expect when it goes back online are to the price, but not the way it functions. Fortunately, they have grated a period of time (not yet fully explained) that the old "sale" price that was in effect for so long will still be available.
Failure is not defeat until you stop trying.
Desire to play SWTOR finally defeated. It was a mostly good run.
Subscriber 2011 - 2018
(Still lurking/occasionally posting until the timer runs out)

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
11.27.2017 , 01:05 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.
You make a very good point. I have toons on both SS and SF and I notice that I have some connection issues on SS for some reason.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
11.27.2017 , 02:02 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.
Or create a throw away character now and not spend any CC.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
11.27.2017 , 02:25 PM | #87 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Monday update, things are looking real good for transfers to come online tomorrow! Based on all of our current (and ongoing) testing, we are in the clear. If that changes, I will let you know ASAP.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Macetheace's Avatar


Macetheace
11.27.2017 , 02:34 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Monday update, things are looking real good for transfers to come online tomorrow! Based on all of our current (and ongoing) testing, we are in the clear. If that changes, I will let you know ASAP.

-eric
Great.. that's nice Eric, same transfer features as before? ior you guys updated it?

Let me just say, I've waited t2 years to be ableto move region and start my new life on a server with lower ping..

but though I live in the UK, it's weird that the ping on the French and German servers are about 27-35 ms, but the ping on Darth Malgus is about 46 ms - (tested with a new character) - any ideas why? I am closer to the Irish server locations here in London..

Anyway, the inability to transfer regions (first because itw asn't avialble, then after because the price was too high to move all my toons and I couldn't play without all my legacy, really was the main reason I stopped playing SWTOR as high pings playing on an East coast server really put a ceiling on competitive play and certain melee classes like the Marauder, one of my faves... this is really like new lease of life (for playing SWTOR), so I can't wait.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

ChadCloman's Avatar


ChadCloman
11.27.2017 , 02:35 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Now, finding a way for a character to retain their individual UI
There is a way. The UI is not lost. What happens is that the character's UI selection is reset to the default, but the custom UI still exists. And it is quite simple to restore the character-specific settings, which includes the UI selection, as explained in this forum post. (Note that instead of renaming the file, you would make a copy and rename the copy.)

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
11.27.2017 , 03:09 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
but the ping on Darth Malgus is about 46 ms
46? that's gold. I'm on the west coast US and I've gone from 20 something to 80 something. I'd love your 46 as I'm sure many APACs would love my 80.
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here