Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem for new main?

Morticoccus
11.24.2017 , 03:45 AM | #1
Hiya, returning player here.
Anyhow, I was wondering if biochem is profitable at high levels?
I'm leveling a new imp main (operative) and plan on doing the whole pve story over again. I was originally thinking of just doing the farmbot build with two gathers and slicing, but I figure I can probably save a lot more money when I get to endgame by making my own chems.

I already have a ton of low and mid level mats and old characters I could make armour and grind with.

So is biochem a good idea or is something else selling better if I want to make some credits on the side?

Edit: Might actually roll a SW alt and grab gathers on him so I can feed even more raw mats to the main.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Vercundus
11.24.2017 , 04:19 AM | #2
Well, considering Biochem can use reusable medpack, adrenals and stims, it is a good choice.

If you want to craft for profit, any skill is good, Artifice might stand out a bit.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

psandak
11.24.2017 , 08:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
Well, considering Biochem can use reusable medpack, adrenals and stims, it is a good choice.

If you want to craft for profit, any skill is good, Artifice might stand out a bit.
Please note that reusable consumables are not available from the biochem trainer. You must run the Umbara FPs a bunch to get the currency/tokens to purchase the schematics for reusables.

On the topic of profitability: the consumables that biochem produces are in high demand and do not cost much to make, but they are not "high value" and therefore you must produce a lot to make a lot; you will make a significant profit margin off each sale (multiple hundreds of percent per unit), but raw credits amounts run from 10k to 20k. Not a bad thing - I make multiple millions a week when I work it moderately - just fair warning.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Mubrak
11.26.2017 , 04:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Please note that reusable consumables are not available from the biochem trainer. You must run the Umbara FPs a bunch to get the currency/tokens to purchase the schematics for reusables.
Or you just buy them from the GTN. You only need one, no need to craft it yourself.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!
Remove the blue glow from useable stronghold objects and decorations!

neonblastultra
11.26.2017 , 03:58 PM | #5
Biochem lvl 70 stims are a must for each account. Coz one can use a lvl 70 steam at lvl 10+ ( do a veteran and pup up a lvl 70 steam for 8 hrs ). Ergo is better to do them yourself instead of buying it.
Getting the blueprind it's easy coz Umbara story mode is quite soloable.
As for the money, no crew skill will make you rich. Playing the game and the GTN will.
Ref link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/qjXPCL

Morticoccus
11.27.2017 , 05:39 AM | #6
So I can save lots of money on my main and make a lot of profit if I produce the high level chems. Perfect!

I've also rolled a jugg and assa for farming purposes, so I'll be rolling in mats.

Edit: Yes I know you have to play the market, that's pretty much a given in every game =p
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.