Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your money used for Cartel Packs to get Decos on multiple servers will be erased!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Your money used for Cartel Packs to get Decos on multiple servers will be erased!

Renata_Roselli
11.06.2017 , 10:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
There is no inherent link between any particular decoration that a particular person has unlocked and the spending of real money. In theory, any decoration can have been acquired from the GTN for credits. And, as I said earlier, there's also no inherent link between any particular purchase of a decoration for CC (whether from packs or directly) and the unlocking of a decoration, since any decorations acquired for CC can be sold. As soon as an item's stackable, it becomes identical to every other item of that kind as far as the game's concerned. This leaves Bioware with precisely zero ways to assign a real monetary value based on CCs to anyone's decoration collection. And that leaves precisely no basis for any compensation.

Don't get me wrong: I'd benefit hugely from the compensation you suggest, since I intentionally transferred characters to duplicate my decorations across multiple servers. But Bioware would have no way of distinguishing between me and someone who paid tens of thousands of CC to unlock the same decorations on multiple servers, and thus no reasonable criteria for giving the compensation that you suggest. It's not going to happen.
Again, violation of consumer rights. Doesn't matter if it doesn't happen, it's still violates consumer rights and consumer protection laws. They should've thought this through. Purchasing items/goods and not receiving them violates federal consumer protection laws. It's clearly what will happen here from what they stated how the merges will happen between legacies.

EHKodiak
11.13.2017 , 12:38 AM | #22
Are you happy that they duplicated everything now?

Theeko
11.13.2017 , 01:05 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
Are you happy that they duplicated everything now?
No, because some people will stay ahead of everyone permanently now, and those that obtained prestige like it should and also the decorations like they were meant to will no longer be able to catch up at all, good going Biofail, worst company in the MMO market by far.

Xina_LA
11.13.2017 , 10:47 AM | #24
All they really need to do is cap the Prestige from decorations to the max count.
If you have 2997/999 decorations, you should only get Prestige credit for the first 999.
That wouldn't fix the fact that someone with 300/999 now has 900/999 items, but at least people could catch up with hard work.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Theeko
11.14.2017 , 09:51 AM | #25
They should just remove all duped decorations and strongholds cause from the start people earned them single handedly and not just been given hundreds of millions to billions of free decorations. This was the final nail for basically everyone that loved strongholds great going Biofail.

Mubrak
11.14.2017 , 12:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
They should just remove all duped decorations and strongholds cause from the start people earned them single handedly and not just been given hundreds of millions to billions of free decorations. This was the final nail for basically everyone that loved strongholds great going Biofail.
The three of you who still cared about prestige need to find another means to compare their e-peen. Those of us who actually love strongholds enjoy their extra decorations, and don't begrudge others getting even more freebies. Also, when looking at other strongholds it's now much easier to identify the weirdos who "earned" 999 of every cheap decoration in order to move their conquest dumps on top of the list.

But well, BW can't win here, I predicted in one of the OP's threads that someone else would complain if BW combined the decorations, including those gained by server transfers. But I suspect the OP's campaign would have had a bit more backing of the community if BW had merged the legacies the same way server transfers work.

Anyway, now that everyone finally realizes how meaningless "prestige" is, it's time for a voting system. Would be interesting to see how many 1000k+ prestige strongholds manage to stay on top.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!
Remove the blue glow from stronghold-speeders!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Theeko
11.14.2017 , 01:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
The three of you who still cared about prestige need to find another means to compare their e-peen. Those of us who actually love strongholds enjoy their extra decorations, and don't begrudge others getting even more freebies. Also, when looking at other strongholds it's now much easier to identify the weirdos who "earned" 999 of every cheap decoration in order to move their conquest dumps on top of the list.

But well, BW can't win here, I predicted in one of the OP's threads that someone else would complain if BW combined the decorations, including those gained by server transfers. But I suspect the OP's campaign would have had a bit more backing of the community if BW had merged the legacies the same way server transfers work.

Anyway, now that everyone finally realizes how meaningless "prestige" is, it's time for a voting system. Would be interesting to see how many 1000k+ prestige strongholds manage to stay on top.
Not just us 3, but alot more in game feel the same way, this was the stupidest decision ever where someone could gain 2-5x the amount of decorations for only the cost of 90 cc per transfer. This killed the prestige of decorating for alot of people.

Renata_Roselli
11.22.2017 , 06:23 PM | #28
You all can thank me. Also, thread should be locked now.