Recover Your Settings after the Merge

Blizzax

Hi guys!

There might be some more people out there with tons of characters who would like to get their chat and interface settings back after the merge.

The settings files for your characters lie here:

C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

The file names begin with the server ID. Unfortunately BioWare did not migrate those files with a patch. So all your settings are still there but named with the old server IDs.

To get your settings back, just rename the files with the new server IDs:

he3001 - Satele

he3000 - Star Forge

he4000 - Malgus

he4001 - Tulak Hord

he4002 - Leviathan

Old server IDs (not quite sure about former east coast):

he1084 - Jedi Covenant

he1086 - Prophecy of the Five

he1093 - Shadowlands

he1098 - Ebon Hawk

he2000 - Bastion

he2002 - Harbinger

he6122 - ToFN

he6124 - TRE

he6127 - T3-M4

he6132 - Mantle of the Force

Please correct or add old IDs of your servers.

Cheers

Blizzax

Edited by Blizzax

Sadly this didn't work for me :(

You must not be logged onto the character you're changing for it to work. Aside from that or having mistyped, there's really no way this could not work.

Also:

he6131 Progenitor

he1096 Jung Ma

These seemed to be missing still.

Edited by cyrusramsey

I've written a GUI tool that will do this for you.

Link to Fortitude Guild Forum Post which explains it.

Download Link

Unfortunately, I can't post images here, but you can see what it looks like in the post above.

If you have any questions or issues, feel free to post here or PM me directly.

Thank you for this :)

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Link to Fortitude Guild Forum Post which explains it.

Download Link

Unfortunately, I can't post images here, but you can see what it looks like in the post above.

If you have any questions or issues, feel free to post here or PM me directly.

You've just earned my referral (when it cools down)

(...)

Fantastic and most impressive! Thank you very much!

Also kudos to the OP for pointing out the issues with the settings. I wouldn't have found that solution by myself.

Edited by JattaGin

thanks fot THE MOST IMPORTANT THREAD after the merge :cool:

I'm actually taking advantage of this as a way to force myself to correctly configure all my characters(1), but it's useful to know about it.

(1) Each time I log into a character for the first time post-merge, I'll see that the correct interface is not selected, and configure the keyboard layout (import), the UI layout, and three specific settings in the UI part of preferences (activate "cooldown text" = numeric countdowns of time-to-cool and the two way at the bottom to prevent closing a vendor or cargo hold from also closing my inventory)

Also:

he6131 Progenitor

he1096 Jung Ma

These seemed to be missing still.

Thanks for the note on Progenitor. I've updated the program so that it associates 6131 with Progenitor (and Darth Malgus as the expected target server).

Jung Ma was already ID'd. You can see it in the screen shot.

BUT . . . if what you really meant is that those two servers didn't appear on your screen, then I should point out that the list on the left side will only show servers that you actually had characters on (or, technically, servers for which it found files in the given folder whose names contain the magic numbers), So if, for example, you only ever played on two servers, then those two servers will be the only ones that will be shown on the left-side list.

Thanks for the note on Progenitor. I've updated the program so that it associates 6131 with Progenitor (and Darth Malgus as the expected target server).

Jung Ma was already ID'd. You can see it in the screen shot.

BUT . . . if what you really meant is that those two servers didn't appear on your screen, then I should point out that the list on the left side will only show servers that you actually had characters on (or, technically, servers for which it found files in the given folder whose names contain the magic numbers), So if, for example, you only ever played on two servers, then those two servers will be the only ones that will be shown on the left-side list.

Eh, I did not check the screenshot, it was directed at the OP, a bit unclear perhaps. I already changed all my files manually, but had saved the codes of servers I'd been on.

a bit late, but still usefull

he 6135 : Darth Nihilus

he 6136 : Battle Meditation

Much appreciated!

I've updated the program to include those 2 as well, both of which put you on The Leviathan today.

(Only 3 unknowns remaining.)

Eh, I did not check the screenshot, it was directed at the OP, a bit unclear perhaps. I already changed all my files manually, but had saved the codes of servers I'd been on.

Oops, my mistake.

...except for the saying "Thanks" part, which was NOT a mistake. :)